Conquer Club

Gender-Specific Tournaments, what's the next step?

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gender-Specific Tournaments, what's the next step?

Postby Lindax on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:20 am

anonymus wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Night Strike wrote:However, because of several comments from different people, I am open to hearing a discussion on the topic if there is a desire to write a legitimate and fair policy that covers gender-specific tournaments. If you would like to make a case for such a policy, please post and discuss it in a single thread in the Tournament General Info forum.

~Night Strike
Head Tournament Director

Does this mean that if there are "several comments from different people", that we can have a discussion about a legitimate and fair policy that covers race-specific tournaments? Or religion-specific tournaments?

Or how about starting a usergroup for man only, called "Vagina Ripperz"? Is there even the remotest chance that that would be allowed?

Ever heard of the term "positive discrimination"? Is that okay on CC? I would like to make a case for the rules being applied equally amongst all genders, races, religions, etc.

Lx

I missed this earlier and have no time to read the thread through now, but come on Lx, let the girls play a tournament.. Im sure no-one will drag this to its point as you predict..

Tammy asked me to write in the other thread and i forgot about it, but i read some of NS comments and it made me pissed (like so many of NS's comments do) but then i had to calm down when i saw him giving them a chanse and i think that took some backbone and i put my hands together for him for that. =D> nightstrike!

The girls wanted a tournament, he saw most of them where from the same user-group (being girls on this site may lead to that you seek out other girls) and even though tourney-rules are written like they are, he was willing to listen to the COMMUNITY in this matter and that is commendable.

So give it a rest Lx, take a deep breath, calm down and let the girls play it will not harm anyone..

/ :?:

Haha, I guess you missed this too:

Lindax wrote:
That's totally beside the point. Read my post again....

I have no problem with the one-time exemption, btw.

Lx

This thread is NOT about the tournament. ;)

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby barterer2002 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:23 pm

All of you who are thinking this is about Daze's tournament or are saying things like "let the girls play" are missing the entire point. I don't know and can't tell if its intentional idiocy or if its just inherent in some of you. The question is not whether Daze's tournament is OK or not, its a matter of whether its a good idea for CC tournaments to allow exclusionary tournaments based on non-meritous issues.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Serbia wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:To address a question why not start a usergroup called Vagina Ripperz? Well, most of the clans might as well be called that anyways. Most of the tournaments ARE male-only. That has already happened.

1st off, "Vagina Ripperz" is a direct reference to "Ball Busterz" - I hope you can appreciate the connection there. Secondly, on what, exactly, do you base your comment that "most clans might as well be called that anyways"? I'll speak for my clan - we have 3 active women in our group, and they are no less a part of our clan than any of the men. And I see some very visible clans about CC that CELEBRATE their female members. I am aware of no clan on CC that is outwardly, or even passively, aggressive to women on this site. Care to give examples?

Next, the fact that most tournaments are male-only is NOT by design. All tournaments on CC are open to anyone to join. Any girl can sign up, if she so chooses. In my second NHL-based tourney, for example, I had 4 women playing. One, Tripitaka, had the best regular season record (meaning she beat ALL the men), and another, amazzony, actually won the entire tournament. They did not need any special help to perform well in the tourney, and they did not need special reserved spots to join. The fact that there are more men on the site means that there is a greater chance of having all-men tourneys, but again, THIS IS NOT BY DESIGN. No one is excluding women.

I didn't say that there were any cases of aggression towards females in clans. Nor did I say that the bull busterz show any aggression towards males. I know, as a male, that I have ripped the odd vagina or hymen. I can imagine that since most of the clans here are primarily dominated by males, this occurrence is not at all uncommon.

In point 2 you are once again misrepresenting what I said. I didn't even imply that there is any design in the phallicentricity of the tournaments. I meant to say that since it naturally occurs anyway, male-only tournaments (by design) wouldn't make sense.

I find this post from you disturbing, Serbia. I have seen you to be a calm and reasonable person and yet here you use a double straw-man argument against me. What I really want is for someone to analyze the meatier part of my post, my two-part problem and three-part solution. Not one person has looked at it. People are still arguing about a tournament that already got privileges, and which is not even supposed to be discussed in this thread.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Serbia wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:To address a question why not start a usergroup called Vagina Ripperz? Well, most of the clans might as well be called that anyways. Most of the tournaments ARE male-only. That has already happened.

1st off, "Vagina Ripperz" is a direct reference to "Ball Busterz" - I hope you can appreciate the connection there. Secondly, on what, exactly, do you base your comment that "most clans might as well be called that anyways"? I'll speak for my clan - we have 3 active women in our group, and they are no less a part of our clan than any of the men. And I see some very visible clans about CC that CELEBRATE their female members. I am aware of no clan on CC that is outwardly, or even passively, aggressive to women on this site. Care to give examples?

QFT

We have 2 women in my clan (3 if you count IcePack :lol: ) and they are valuable in the clan. So, I don't think that part of your statement was valid in ANY way.

Doom, as far as your problem/solution thing. That is a big policy change that would have to be implemented. I would not say that I have a problem with it, but a lot of things will have to be worked on and discussed. That actually already started happening before your post, btw.

As far as the logistics of your idea, I don't think one large tournament would be the proper solution. If a change were to come, I think that giving privs as they are granted now would be the feasible way to go. And simply removing the privs when the tournament was over with no medals issued. In this way, the 'Usergroup Tournaments' could act a lot like a normal tournament that had been abandoned.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:04 pm

We've been trying to get "usergroup tournament" privs in the clan community for years. Only recently was the policy amended to allow game creation abilities, but only if it's managed and watched by the Clan Directors.

It would definitely be great if this was allowed so that clans/usergroups could run unofficial tournaments in a much easier fashion than is available now. I know that we in G1 run many mini tournaments internal to our clan and we'd love to have this ability.... but I'm not holding my breath yet.
Major Bones2484

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:31 pm

If something like this happens or is done for Usergroups and Clans, it will not happen through the tournament department. As of now, CC Official Events, Society of Cooks, Clans, and Tournaments all use the same database for tournament privileges, which is why it could be managed by the Tournament Department. However, Usergroups and Clans are managed in the same way, so if a tournament setup was established for Usergroups it would have to be established through that avenue, rather than through the Tournament Department.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby squishyg on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:00 am

If one more person writes "let the girls have their tourney", I'm going to throw placenta at you.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Denise on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 pm

squishyg wrote:If one more person writes "let the girls have their tourney", I'm going to throw placenta at you.

:lol: =D>
Colonel Denise

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Since I envoy the prospects of a highly nutritive tossed snack, I will say let the girls have their fun.

Last edited by DoomYoshi on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:30 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Since I envoy the prospects of a highly nutritive tossed snack, I will a let the girls have their fun.

:-$

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Girl's tourney

Postby OleCowboyHippy on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 pm

If the girl's want their own tourney's is fine by me. Just as long as they remember to play with (tease) us boys a bit... :roll:
Corporal 1st Class OleCowboyHippy

Re: Girl's tourney

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:21 pm

OleCowboyHippy wrote:If the girl's want their own tourney's is fine by me. Just as long as they remember to play with (tease) us boys a bit... :roll:

Thanks. I guess we'll go ahead and give them privileges for the tournament now. :roll:

squishy, do you have your placenta ready?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby hiitsmestevie1 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:46 pm

point.proven....

2012-02-04 15:42:54 - Nicky15: Hey,
2012-02-04 15:43:20 - Nicky15: Had no idea you were a fellow female until this tourney
2012-02-04 15:43:32 - Nicky15: sorry about my drop.....
2012-02-04 15:54:56 - hiitsmestevie1: same.goes.to.you...i.guess.with.nAmes.like.nicky.and.stevie...whos.to.think?lol
A relationship is like playing doubles *flat rate or esc*..If you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand!
Lieutenant hiitsmestevie1

Re: Girl's tourney

Postby dazerazer on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:13 pm

chapcrap wrote:
OleCowboyHippy wrote:If the girl's want their own tourney's is fine by me. Just as long as they remember to play with (tease) us boys a bit... :roll:

Thanks. I guess we'll go ahead and give them privileges for the tournament now. :roll:

squishy, do you have your placenta ready?

roflmao! :lol:
How much you want for Daze? (Culs De Sac on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 pm)
She's priceless, Culs. ;-P (MudPuppy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm)
Major dazerazer

Postby Genoke on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:36 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:I feel like 1) this was blown out of proportion 2) I do agree that that usergroup would be frowned upon, but its the double standards of our culture I guess. 2 girls hug each other, no big deal. Two guys hug each other and you get a look from the crowd, but that is beside the point.

I don't tink that there is an issue "discriminating" if thats what you want to call it, in the entries for tournies. Similar to the 2000+ tournies or "low-rank" tournies, or "non-clan member tournies." Also, other tourney organizers have the right to say no to foes or people who deadbeat. The tourney organizer is supposed to be allowed to run a fun tourney. I don't see what is wrong with this? The person who creates the tourney is allowed to run it right? WE don't need a CC government taking over, they are here to just make things run smoothly.

Moral of story, all girl tourney. sure. its a social thing, gettting to know each other... however if we had a "White people tourney" THAT would be wrong. becuase it is done with no good philosophy. However the tourney which this is stemming from is not an issue. Its like a girls' night out. People like to have fun.

Have a good evening :)

Well said here, i totally agree...
we had former tourney's with mixed pair too...
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Vagina Ripperz! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives