Conquer Club

Mass Messaging Program

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mass Messaging Program

Postby Tieryn on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:31 am

Simor has written an excellent program. I've just started using it this week and it has so filled me with confidence that I want you all to give it a go.

The features of it (pros) are: Very easy to use, from csv (comma separated value) files which you can edit in excel. I copy and paste the info I want in, and bang, it's ready to go.

It has some security, you have to send simor the list of players in your tourney so he can create a license that allows you to send mass pm's to those players only (so no room for abuse outside of tourney use). This job should be taken over by a TO or someone higher up, as simor doesn't want to keep doing it regularly, it's not his job :P he made the thing. But for now he'll do them. Send him a pm with a list of players in your tourney and he will customise the license.

It has MAIL MERGE - you can send "body generic" but "content specific" (game number, game password, game opponents) messages to people. You will see an example of this in action below. Here is an excerpt from the CSV file I created to send out the Round 5 games of CC's Historical Battles

username subject game1 password op1 op2 op3 op4
hschroed78 CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305241 #### hschroed78 Daryth TheBourneBeast RedLeadersFault
Daryth CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305241 #### hschroed78 Daryth TheBourneBeast RedLeadersFault
TheBourneBeast CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305241 #### hschroed78 Daryth TheBourneBeast RedLeadersFault
RedLeadersFault CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305241 #### hschroed78 Daryth TheBourneBeast RedLeadersFault
trk1994 CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305243 #### trk1994 dfp2dep CarrotKhan jpcloet
dfp2dep CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305243 #### trk1994 dfp2dep CarrotKhan jpcloet
CarrotKhan CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305243 #### trk1994 dfp2dep CarrotKhan jpcloet
jpcloet CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305243 #### trk1994 dfp2dep CarrotKhan jpcloet
brikb CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305244 #### brikb Syndrome zuul ga7
Syndrome CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305244 #### brikb Syndrome zuul ga7
zuul CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305244 #### brikb Syndrome zuul ga7
ga7 CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia 1305244 #### brikb Syndrome zuul ga7

This is the first 3 games, each part is in a cell under the headings in the top row. I can refer to the headings as %username% and %password% in the body of my message, so they get changed for each player. The body I sent out was

Hello %username%

Welcome to the Battle for Australia. It's now Round 5 and the top 20 are currently as follows. If you're not in this list, check your score in the forum.
There are 3 more games to come, so it's still anyone's tourney!

Your game number for this round is %game1% with password %password%

Your opponents are %op1%, %op2%, %op3% and %op4%

which created these messages:

-----------------------------------------------------------
[Username]: hschroed78
[Subject]: CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia
[Message]:
Hello hschroed78

Welcome to the Battle for Australia. It's now Round 5 and the top 20 are currently as follows. If you're not in this list, check your score in the forum.

Your game number for this round is 1305241 with password ####

Your opponents are hschroed78, Daryth, TheBourneBeast and RedLeadersFault

Please join your game as soon as you can Smile Some games will need to wait on freemium players, please be patient Smile
-----------------------------------------------------------
[Username]: hschroed78
[Subject]: CC's Historical Battles - Round 5 - Battle for Australia
[Message]:
Hello hschroed78

Your game number for this round is 1305241 with password ####

Your opponents are hschroed78, Daryth, TheBourneBeast and RedLeadersFault

Please join your game as soon as you can Smile Some games will need to wait on freemium players, please be patient Smile

-------------

Basically, it rocks... It has made my tourney organising life -so- much easier. Even mass-pm from php3 hasn't got -all- these features. It's really cool and really worth a go. And really easy to use. Get a copy, send him your userlist, and if you need help, ask me or him or any others using it (post here so we know who's out there).

Here's the link to his forum thread - http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33693 Send him a message.

Cheers
Sergeant 1st Class Tieryn

Postby spinwizard on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:34 am

I second this, he is a genius and I was planing on using it for the World Cup tourny! :)
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby amazzony on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:55 am

Actually I must make a correction to your post. Not godsend but amazzonysend :twisted:
He saw how much trouble I had with sending out my second Fantastic Four tournament messages and he got inspired by that ;)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:29 am

But does it work with a Mac? If not, it is useless to me.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby amazzony on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:51 am

Optimus Prime wrote:But does it work with a Mac? If not, it is useless to me.

simor says: i dont have a mac but if it is true there are some windows emulators for mac (?) and then i think it could work but i have no idea honestly

Questions like that should go to the thread that is in General Info because he is not part of this usergroup (or pm him) :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:13 am

That's all I needed to know, I'll stick with the current way of doing things, but if it works for the rest of you guys, then by all means, go ahead and use it.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby soundout9 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:14 pm

I love this!
Private soundout9

Return to Tournament Archives