Searching for testers for my tournament!!!!

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Searching for testers for my tournament!!!!

Postby ofthe on Wed May 27, 2009 2:46 am

I admitted defeat a while back...but it's other people who are still arguing about it. I don't mind, because they might have more influence over the Tournament directors, although just remember it's not me who's still commenting (besides this comment..lol..)
Corporal 1st Class ofthe

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Gozar on Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Though the point is moot and discussion pretty much over, in the interest of debate I put forward that it is the letter of the law being enforced here, and not the intent with which it was crafted.
Lieutenant Gozar

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 pm

I don't mean to bump a dead topic, but this got me thinking, and I was wondering what the community thought about it:

The classic game that is only somewhat similar to this in nature, although played with miniature figurines on a table top, had an option for "secret missions" which were cards you drew that said things like "Own 35 territories", "Own North America" "Kill Yellow" or "Own Australia and Mexico".

Could this be used to allow for players to avoid secret diplomacy but allow for some interesting objectives? Would a tournament based around this be allowable?

You might have say, Blue protecting Green because it seemed like Yellow was targeting him, or Red allowing Slate to Hold S.A. because all Red needed was 35 territories. But it would not allow for secret diplomacy or other unusual rules, right?
Private SuicidalSnowman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives