Conquer Club

Battle Royal Week Game [POLL]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Do you want to see every week one battle royal game?

Yes!
70%
No!
30%

Total votes : 108

Postby jnd94 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:27 am

No. It is better when they aren't expected. That is more fun.
Captain jnd94

Postby insomniacdude on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:58 pm

This has been suggested before. In all do respect, I think the "unexpected is more fun!" argument is bull. There is a HUGE majority of players who don't even pay attention to the forums or the community who deserve to be a part of the fun that the Battle Royale provides. Many of the hints provided for the recent Battle Royales would only be known by the older, more senior members. Looking through the list of the Battle Royale players throught the different games, I see many of the same names.

The staff continually speaks of not wanting to ostracize new members, and yet they pull off something like that?

Have one Battle Royale a month. Maybe two, to diversify settings. To join, each ranked player (5 or more games completed) submits his or her name to a monthly lottery. The pool of players for the BR is selected from this lottery. If you make it into a BR, you can't resubmit you name for three months. Also, you could make the lottery premium-only.

$0.02
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Captain Gilligan

Postby Herakilla on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:00 pm

lol you want to not ostracize the new players yet make it premium only?

and i like the surprise, i didnt join in on any of the BRs because i have a life and didnt have any more than an hour and a half free at a time. but the randomness makes them more fun as you enjoy it more!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby CubColtPacer on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 am

insomniacdude wrote:This has been suggested before. In all do respect, I think the "unexpected is more fun!" argument is bull. There is a HUGE majority of players who don't even pay attention to the forums or the community who deserve to be a part of the fun that the Battle Royale provides. Many of the hints provided for the recent Battle Royales would only be known by the older, more senior members. Looking through the list of the Battle Royale players throught the different games, I see many of the same names.

The staff continually speaks of not wanting to ostracize new members, and yet they pull off something like that?

Have one Battle Royale a month. Maybe two, to diversify settings. To join, each ranked player (5 or more games completed) submits his or her name to a monthly lottery. The pool of players for the BR is selected from this lottery. If you make it into a BR, you can't resubmit you name for three months. Also, you could make the lottery premium-only.

$0.02

I disagree that the questions can only be known by the older, more senior players. They certainly do appear that way. At the same time, I've only been reading the forums for a few weeks, knew absolutely none of the questions, and still was able to search for, find the answers, and enter the battle royales for 3 of the 4 I attempted to get in. It might have been mostly the same names, but a large part of that was that those people were the ones who were refreshing enough to see the question immediately, which gave them the maximum time to find the answer and put in the password.

I would love to see more battle royales as they are a fascinating and fun variant to the game. I can understand if most are made premium only (even if I am sad that I can't become premium yet and miss out on those, I understand that there are perks that people who have paid for premium deserve), but premium only would cause more people to be shut out then the questions that they asked yesterday.

Also, if you did a lottery by the time they selected people and then invited them to the game there might be a problem of everybody showing up due to the time lag between those two processes. I felt the way they did it yesterday was very fair allowing those who had not been able to get in a match earlier in the day to be the first ones allowed in the last one of the night. I think something like that could be done every few months to make it easier for those players who had trouble getting in for other ones.
Lieutenant CubColtPacer

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 am

insomniacdude wrote:Looking through the list of the Battle Royale players throught the different games, I see many of the same names.

that's not because of the clues. That's because the majority of the people who did that, know each other, joined next to each other, and don't have much of a life. I'd know. I played in 12 of the 17 speed ones.

As for unexpected I disagree. I liked this as I could get a chance to go. Even I as a big forum user missed 3 of the reg ones, because they did it always when I was at school. NOT FAIR! :evil:
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Skittles! on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:19 am

insomniacdude wrote:This has been suggested before. In all do respect, I think the "unexpected is more fun!" argument is bull. There is a HUGE majority of players who don't even pay attention to the forums or the community who deserve to be a part of the fun that the Battle Royale provides. Many of the hints provided for the recent Battle Royales would only be known by the older, more senior members. Looking through the list of the Battle Royale players throught the different games, I see many of the same names.

Search button is your friend.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:28 am

In regards to the trivia questions...the majority were easy.
pw: the anniversairy this is for CC (all lower case)

PW: How many mods are there?

Password: Who was eliminated first in the first game ever?

Password: 2007 was an "extreme" green year. Concerns about the "global" state of everything just started to "warm" up. What Conquer Club Map best correlates with the italicized text? (Hint: No spaces, and I just told you).

Password: What was the first Map that was Conquer Club themed?

Password: Who was the first person to make a Battle Royale game this year?

Password: Number of territories on the classic map

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BeakerWMA on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:28 am

If it is made to a monthly it should be changed up. Different maps, different fortification settings, maybe try one with escalating cards on a smaller map for shits and giggles :)
I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Captain BeakerWMA

Postby Skittles! on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:31 am

I don't believe it should be monthly, because then it's set, and it'll be horrible. It won't be as grand as normal.

But, every 1-4 months (or maybe 1-6 months because then not everyone knows when it'll exactly happen)
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:43 am

AndyDufresne wrote:In regards to the trivia questions...the majority were easy.
pw: the anniversairy this is for CC (all lower case)

PW: How many mods are there?

Password: Who was eliminated first in the first game ever?

Password: 2007 was an "extreme" green year. Concerns about the "global" state of everything just started to "warm" up. What Conquer Club Map best correlates with the italicized text? (Hint: No spaces, and I just told you).

Password: What was the first Map that was Conquer Club themed?

Password: Who was the first person to make a Battle Royale game this year?

Password: Number of territories on the classic map

--Andy

yer and some guy suicided on me in a game the next day cause i wouldnt give him the answer to who was eliminated in first game ever
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby wicked on Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:03 pm

This option is already available for you to set up yourself:

Doodle Earth, 8 player.

Have fun! 8)

And insomniacdude, the very last game set up gave priority to those who hadn't played any of the speed BR games yet. About half of the game filled before people stopped requesting to join; then I opened it up to everyone.
Major wicked

Postby insomniacdude on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Herakilla wrote:lol you want to not ostracize the new players yet make it premium only?

I said "You could make it premium-only". Could is the key word there. I would be against it, but I understand the site's need to making more incentives for users to buy a premium account.

Fircoal wrote:that's not because of the clues. That's because the majority of the people who did that, know each other, joined next to each other, and don't have much of a life. I'd know. I played in 12 of the 17 speed ones.

And you don't see the problem in that? You basically said that one is more likely to get into a BR if they are part of the CC "in" crowd.

Skittles! wrote:I don't believe it should be monthly, because then it's set, and it'll be horrible. It won't be as grand as normal.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that. I couldn't imagine the BR games losing any grandiosity if it was on a regular basis.

wicked wrote:And insomniacdude, the very last game set up gave priority to those who hadn't played any of the speed BR games yet. About half of the game filled before people stopped requesting to join; then I opened it up to everyone.

That's nice. It's better than in the past when there was only one BR game available to join at a time. If creating multiple games at once is going to become the norm, then I'm kosher. I didn't join because I didn't want to spend three hours in a BR speed game, and I know a lot of others felt the same way. Hopefully the same method is used next time, whenever that might be.

For the record, I'm coming across as more of a dick than I actually I am. I'm not really this angry about it; I'm just trying to stress my point.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby crzyblue on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:24 am

Should we have a month BR game?
Yes
61%
61% [ 21 ]
No
38%
38% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 34

yes wins :)
Sergeant 1st Class crzyblue

Postby Skittles! on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:36 am

crzyblue wrote:Should we have a month BR game?
Yes
61%
61% [ 21 ]
No
38%
38% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 34

yes wins :)

Doesn't mean it will happen.
Private Skittles!

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:50 pm

jnd94 wrote:No. It is better when they aren't expected. That is more fun.

But then the anticipation grows and more people will have a chance to play if they know when they're gonna be.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Weekly Battle Royales

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:50 am

Concise description:
  • I'm not going to pretend otherwise, I just want to play more Battle Royales. A lot of us pay money for this website, so we deserve it!

Specifics:
  • Every Saturday, organize one Battle Royale, for premium members only. Freemiums can play at special occasions or when they buy premium!

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • I will get to play more Battle Royales
  • freemiums will all buy premium
  • This will make the website a whole lot more active :)
Major karelpietertje

Re: Weekly Battle Royales

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 am

I'm not into BR's but this is a pretty good idea. Organizing one per week shouldn't be that difficult, and it is a way to encourage freemies to buy premie without detracting from the holiday festivals with br's. The only glitch I can see is that the next Suggestion will be, "Organize more than one BR on Saturdays," and such :lol:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Koganosi on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:43 am

I rather see once a month then. Once a week is alot ill quess.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby pearljamrox2 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:39 pm

i love battles royals. it would be so great to have one day a week for them. PLEASE!! they are so much fun!
Major pearljamrox2

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:55 pm

We may start expanding the use of Battle Royales this year...we'll see!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby darkangelsguy205 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:59 pm

i think i reamber optimums saying they have to follow certain scripts to make them.
Sergeant darkangelsguy205

Battle Royal Week Game [POLL]

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:50 am

Well i have sugestion,that every week you have one Battle royal Game,in one map.
These mean that every week one map will be chose for battle royal game,and next week diferent map will be take. Also i think that for these setting can be sequenched instead freestyle.
What you think of that.
I think that these can be interesting to implement.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Battle Royal Week Game [POLL]

Postby Joodoo on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 am

As long as at least one is hosted on "The Hive", I wouldn't mind.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Re: Battle Royal Week Game [POLL]

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:26 am

Currently BR's only work with certain maps (those without ANY specified starting positions, and those that don't include one-way attacks or bombards). Also, a sequential BR would last far longer than a freestyle one, even on Doodle Earth (The smallest map, and therefore the least number of players) the game would easily take more than a week to complete. And the standard (Not Speed) BR from the 2nd anniversary special is still going, over three years later. The code to make this suggestion work, is a long way away, and there are things far higher on the priority list than making BR's casual.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions