Conquer Club

[GP/UI] Paratroop Reinforcements

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like to see this implemented ?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 238

[GP/UI] Paratroop Reinforcements

Postby RundyMC on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:15 pm

Concise description:
You can reinforce one territory with the troops from another, regardless of if they are connected or not.

Specifics/Details:
This would be an alternative to the current Reinforcement options of Unlimited, Adjacent & Chained.

It would be similar to Adjacent and Chained in that you can only make the one reinforcement but you can Paratroop them to anywhere on the map.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
This will add a new element to the strategy of troop placement & movement. It would be particularly useful on maps that have an auto-deploy.
Private 1st Class RundyMC

Postby Ronaldinho on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:36 pm

NO thats fucking ridiculas!
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:36 pm

Not another option.
Captain spiesr

Postby sfhbballnut on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:19 am

then everybody would consolidate all of there trroops on the firts turn, it'd be pointless
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby RundyMC on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:20 am

it'd be interesting.
Private 1st Class RundyMC

Airlifts (Fortifications)

Postby ozmars on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:20 am

As a further alternative to the existing fortifications - an airlift would allow a player to fortify from anywhere to anywhere.

Only one fortification per turn would be allowable.

Why is it needed? Well - for a bit of variety.

Also right now in Europe I have a stack of armies stuck in Portugal that really need to get to Moscow in a hurry!
Sergeant ozmars

Interesting

Postby frankroz on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:58 pm

to take it a step further, an airlift should require you to lose 10% of your troops on an airlift (min of 1 troop). Afterall, your trying to high tail it out of dodge (or into dodge).
Sergeant 1st Class frankroz

flying reinforcements

Postby a.sub on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Concise description:
reinforcement OPTION where any of your territs can fort any other territ regardless if they are connected by a path of your territories

Specifics:
its like unlimited but they dont have to be connected

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
[list]
imagine the new level of strategy involved with this. your drops on things like circus maximus mean next to nothing now. one way borders add the strategy of only one way attacking. think about world 2.1 ... nuff said. ;) also team games are completely diff because you can move your troops to your buddies assault front, not just their border.
please note its only an option if done.
Cadet a.sub

Re: flying reinforcements

Postby jnd94 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Sounds Fun. :twisted:
Captain jnd94

Postby kcoenich on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Interesting... but you could set like one of that tipe of reinforcement per turn... like unlimited with that option, max 1 time of that specific tipe or something. Equal as chained and adjacent (of course, cause they only allow 1 reinforcement at all, jaja)
nacho_kcoenich
Ich bin ein Gladiator of Sport!!
Cadet kcoenich

Postby sailorseal on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:02 pm

I love this idea! Whole new strategy! I would play it all the time
Cook sailorseal

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 pm

a.sub wrote:Concise description:
reinforcement OPTION where any of your territs can fort any other territ regardless if they are connected by a path of your territories

Specifics:

[list]
imagine the new level of strategy involved with this. your drops on things like circus maximus mean next to nothing now. one way borders add the strategy of only one way attacking. think about world 2.1 ... nuff said. ;) also team games are completely diff because you can move your troops to your buddies assault front, not just their border.

I think I would enjoy this, but only if it could also be "adjacent" or "chained". The idea of this alongside of "unlimited" just doesn't sound enjoyable to me in any way.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Artimis on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:05 am

a.sub wrote:Concise description:

Specifics:

I would definitely like this as an optional setting.
  • Adjacent
  • Chained
  • Unlimited
  • Flying <-----
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby Timminz on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 am

would flying mean unlimited as well, or would you like to see, flying-single, and flying-unlimited as multiple options?
Captain Timminz

Postby a.sub on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:48 am

Timminz wrote:would flying mean unlimited as well, or would you like to see, flying-single, and flying-unlimited as multiple options?

i think both options are valid, and we could do this in a double selection process
reinforcements
Adjacent, Chained, Flying
Amount
Single, Infinite (doesnt apply to adjacent), ****

**** we could actuially use this format to have a setting where you can fortify 8 adjacents, or 12 chained, etc.
Cadet a.sub

Postby kcoenich on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:51 am

I see it more like passive option for all of the existing ones... you know, like chained (of course only one reinforcement), for unlimited would be like only two flying reinforcements allowed per turn or something... and so on.
nacho_kcoenich
Cadet kcoenich

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm

kcoenich wrote:I see it more like passive option for all of the existing ones... you know, like chained (of course only one reinforcement), for unlimited would be like only two flying reinforcements allowed per turn or something... and so on.

If only two flying reinforcements were allowed per turn, then why would you call it "unlimited"?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby kcoenich on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:54 pm

cause you could keep doing traditional reinforcements.... would be like "special" kind of reinforcements
nacho_kcoenich
Cadet kcoenich

Postby a.sub on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 pm

concept
Cadet a.sub

Postby hwhrhett on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

seems like these 'flying' reinforcements with freestyle, clicky maps, etc.... would create a new niche for people with fast fingers to abuse. imagine freestyle team games when youve got unlimited 'flying' reinforcements, you would be able to kill the whole other team before they even got to play 1 single turn!!
Cook hwhrhett

Postby ubersky on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm

We can't disregard options just because of potential abuse. We must do our best to think of ways to avoid it though.

There are good nuggets of gameplay options in this thread so far:

1) "True" unlimited reinforcements ("flying")
2) Optional Restrict non-connected reinforcements to # of reinforcements per turn

I'd like to add:
3) Optional Restrict amount of non-connected reinforcements (i.e. troop count) if # of reinfs is restricted.
4) Optional Restrict amount of non-connected reinforcements per target territ

I think it's a great gameplay option, similar to Adjacent Attacks. it's not for everyone, but if enough people will play games in that style, it's worthwhile.

I wonder if we could sandbox test it.
Lieutenant ubersky

Postby a.sub on Thu May 21, 2009 1:30 am

epic bump?
i just wanna see how this goes, i dont see any complaints past
hwhrhett wrote:seems like these 'flying' reinforcements with freestyle, clicky maps, etc.... would create a new niche for people with fast fingers to abuse. imagine freestyle team games when youve got unlimited 'flying' reinforcements, you would be able to kill the whole other team before they even got to play 1 single turn!!

which was out weighed by
ubersky wrote:We can't disregard options just because of potential abuse. We must do our best to think of ways to avoid it though.

2) Optional Restrict non-connected reinforcements to # of reinforcements per turn

I'd like to add:
3) Optional Restrict amount of non-connected reinforcements (i.e. troop count) if # of reinfs is restricted.

I think it's a great gameplay option, similar to Adjacent Attacks. it's not for everyone, but if enough people will play games in that style, it's worthwhile.

Cadet a.sub

Postby kcoenich on Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 am

yeah... the option of beeing paired with the other types of options would be great...
nacho_kcoenich
Cadet kcoenich

Postby HardAttack on Thu May 21, 2009 6:49 pm

I was about to suggest of invisible reinforcement. Would be some kinda new exciting exprience. No one and even yourself will not see and understand where you had reinforced your troops. Flying, walking or running nor matter what it is, all are in invisible mode. How is it ? :D

Omg, you guys make me laugh a lot with your amazing suggestions.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 pm

ubersky wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:seems like these 'flying' reinforcements with freestyle, clicky maps, etc.... would create a new niche for people with fast fingers to abuse. imagine freestyle team games when youve got unlimited 'flying' reinforcements, you would be able to kill the whole other team before they even got to play 1 single turn!!

We can't disregard options just because of potential abuse. We must do our best to think of ways to avoid it though.

I'd like to add:

Look at the red highlighted and bolded statement you have there mate. I am asking how much you are sure about it ?
Answer the below ;
Why some certain players had been accused of farming new recruits before ? And systematically joining in new recruit's games considered to be a way of farming and also considered to be abuse. Now you have to be very careful when joining in new recruit made games. The fun of joining in new recruit made games no more valid. (To me, it is no fun but some ppl would love it, i m not sure) So maybe you would show some best ways to avoid such an abuse which then i will be glad :)

hwhrhett is very true in his point.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions