Conquer Club

Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby edbeard on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:15 am

I must say I'm having some fun on Waterloo. Especially in my triples games using the artillery to bombard everything in sight.

I think a teams waterloo tourney would be quite fun. Probably triples or doubles with 4 players but I'm just making a suggestion.

If you decide to start this tourney let me know because I'd obviously want to join.

thanks.
Lieutenant edbeard

Conquer Risk The Tourney

Postby brandoncfi on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:38 am

Conquer Risk The Tourney

I am working on this idea details will becoming soon!!!!
Highest point total 2774 and a rank of Colonel.
OSA of You
OSA Obsructing Your Sleep
GO STEELERS !!!
Cook brandoncfi

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:10 pm

Okay, here is a mostly fleshed out idea that anyone is free to use. I am going into a temporary retirement as far as new tournaments is concerned, so I feel no need to keep them from everyone:

=================================================

The Scramble 100
Idea by Optimus Prime

PREMIUM IS REQUIRED TO JOIN THIS TOURNAMENT

Introduction:
Welcome to The Scramble 100! This tournament is one that does nothing more than prove who can play the most consistently over the course of 100 games. :) There will be 30 players in the tournament and they will play 100 1 vs 1 games in a row. Each player’s record will be kept and the player with the best record at the end will be crowned champion.

Gameplay:
All games will use the following format: Sequential, Flat Rate, Adjacent, No Fog of War. Each set of games will be randomly assigned, which means that random.org’s list randomizer will take the list of participating players and randomly pair them up. Each player will start with 8 games in the first set and there will be new games on a regular basis (likely once per week).

Maps:
The games will be played on the following maps, chosen randomly throughout the tournament:

Classic
Asia
Italy
France
Alexander’s Empire
Dustbowl
Australia
Arctic
WWII Eastern Front
8 Thoughts

Standings:
The standings will be a simple list with each player and their record listed from best record to worst from top to bottom. (Easily created in Excel)

Players:

Reserves:

===============================================
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:11 pm

Okay, here is a mostly fleshed out idea that anyone is free to use. I am going into a temporary retirement as far as new tournaments is concerned, so I feel no need to keep them from everyone:

=================================================

The Ultimate Terminator Tournament
Idea by Optimus Prime

PREMIUM IS REQUIRED TO JOIN THIS TOURNAMENT

Introduction:
Welcome to The Ultimate Terminator Tournament! This tournament will feature every single map that is currently available on the site. The format will be very similar to the previously seen Iron Man tournaments. There will be 25 players, with the games being randomly mixed for each map. The total number of kills will be tracked throughout the entire tournament, and the player with the highest total when the final map is complete.

Important Note:
Please only sign up for this tournament if you are willing to seriously compete all of the way through. Of course, there are extenuating circumstances from time to time, and there will be reserve players, but it will be appreciated if you are willing to play all the way through.

Game Play:
Each map will be played with 5 players, Sequential Turns, Flat Rate Cards, Unlimited Fortifications, and No Fog of War. We will start with the first map on the list and will move through them 5 at a time until we have finished the list. Given that this tournament will take a long time to finish, there will definitely be new maps added to the list as the tournament progresses. All new maps will be included in the tournament.

Scoring:
The only scoring for this tournament will be eliminations in each game. The more eliminations you make, the better. Therefore, it should prompt many occasions where players take a little more risk to gain an extra kill to improve their place in the standings.

Schedule:
There will be 5 new games to join each week. If at any time there is an excessive number of active games when the next set of games is scheduled to be started, we will delay by an extra week to let things die down for a little bit.

Standings:
The standings will be a list of players with their total number of kills/eliminations next to their names.

Players:

Reserves:

================================================
Last edited by Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Here is the last one for today:

==============================================

Free Player’s Open
Idea by Optimus Prime

ONLY NON-PREMIUM PLAYERS MAY ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT

Introduction:
Welcome to the Free Player’s Open! You may not enter if you have a premium membership. Also, if you wish to enter you must leave 1 game slot open at all time for this tournament. There will be 20 players divided into 4 four divisions of 5 players each (sorted by score at the beginning of the tournament). Each player must choose a “home map” when the sign up.

All games will use the following settings: Sequential, Escalating, Unlimited, No Fog of War

Gameplay:
Each division will play one game at a time until they have played one game on each “home” map that was chosen by players in their division. They will receive a score based upon their finishing place in the game as follows:

1st: 5 points
2nd: 4 points
3rd: 2 points
4th: 1 point
5th: 0 points

The top finisher from each division will advance to a place in the “Finalist Division.” The four finalists will play 1 game on each home map with the same scoring and the top finisher will be crowned the champion.

Schedule:
Each division will be given one game at a time to play (because the players are non-premium). When one game finishes, the next will begin immediately to decrease downtime for players eliminated early. Players should be advised that if they are eliminated early in a game that they may have to wait a little while for the next game. They should not join extra games and fill their slot, but should be ready to join on a moments notice.

[/size=18]Standings:[/size]
This is where the standings go. :)

Players:

Reserves

Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Sir. Ricco on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:38 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:=================================================

The Scramble 100
Idea by Optimus Prime

Darn you. Once some of my current tournaments were done I was going to do a 100 game tournament. Each play would play 100 games. :x
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:40 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:

The Scramble 100
Idea by Optimus Prime

Darn you. Once some of my current tournaments were done I was going to do a 100 game tournament. Each play would play 100 games. :x

He posted it here so anyone could take because he doesn't have the time to do it at the moment.
Major Night Strike

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Sir. Ricco wrote:

The Scramble 100
Idea by Optimus Prime

He posted it here so anyone could take because he doesn't have the time to do it at the moment.

Yep, that's true, and there are more ideas where these came from. They are free for anyone to take, use, and adjust as they feel inclined. Mostly trying to liven up Create/Join a bit.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Sir. Ricco on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Sir. Ricco wrote:

The Scramble 100
Idea by Optimus Prime

Yep, that's true, and there are more ideas where these came from. They are free for anyone to take, use, and adjust as they feel inclined. Mostly trying to liven up Create/Join a bit.
I know that, but mine was a little different. I will just change it around alittle but. Maybe Tournament 1000 or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 :twisted:
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:45 pm

Ricco, feel free to do yours exactly as you had it planned to begin with. My posting of that idea in now way forces you to do something different.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Sir. Ricco on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:55 pm

Actually, I think I got a better plan then before. If any body takes I will kill them. :wink: But its © ok. Some how I will get it so the tournament will have a total of 1000 games. 10 per person each round. After every round the top players vote off a bottom player. Humm, this could be fun. If anybody has seen NBC’s “Biggest Loser”, it will run like that.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Sir. Ricco on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:56 pm

Also, wh are you going into simi retirement primey, Real Life problems?
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:05 pm

I'm liking that terminator one :)
Captain Gilligan

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:45 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:Also, wh are you going into simi retirement primey, Real Life problems?

Shifting focus to some behind the scenes projects until they are finished.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Sir. Ricco on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:==============================================

Free Player’s Open
Idea by Optimus Prime

I will do this one since it is small.
Captain Sir. Ricco

*Tourney Idea Needs a Home* CC Champion/Biggest Loser

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Alright so heres the layout, 64 players, 8 player standard games (Im thinking escalating, unlimited blah blah, to keep the game short)
The winners of the games continue up the ladder to battle for the Champion of CC while the losers continue down the road of becoming the Biggest Loser of CC, in order not to become the biggest loser, you must win at least 1 game. Note- This is not a goal, please try not to become the biggest loser...

Example-
Game 1 [Round 1]
Players 1 [Winner]

Game 9 [Round 2 Winners]
Players 1

Game 10 [Round 2 Losers]
Players 2

Im sure theres going to be confused people and i know i didnt detail it to the best of my abilitys but time is short for me.

For the record, i do not want to host this, if someone else can host this idea, then please by all means do so
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Sir. Ricco on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:59 pm

This needs to be put here, ***Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home***
Oh strong moverbot…
:lol:
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:26 pm

Eh, my first time throwin out a tourney so im going to have my quirks
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Sir. Ricco on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Thats ok. It happens to the best of use. :lol: :roll:
Well, I like the idea from what I can get from it.
Will there be anybody eliminated or when will there be a winner?
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Moverbots to the rescue!!!!! :D
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:Thats ok. It happens to the best of use. :lol: :roll:
Well, I like the idea from what I can get from it.
Will there be anybody eliminated or when will there be a winner?

Thank you OP

And to answer your question, The people that win continue up until there is only 1 left. (People who won a game cannot be considered a loser and join loser games, once you win and lose, your done)
As for the losers, they continue downwards, its a long bracket. A loser has to be win at least one game in order to be disqualified from being the biggest Loser in CC.
Basically its a 2 way elimination game.
Dukasaur wrote:

Reserves

Postby mushin on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

This isn't so much a tourney idea, as an idea for the create/join a tournament threads in general. It's actually not my idea. I have no issues with shamelessly stealing from others. It's based on Sir Rocco's reserve pool. Why not create a thread for people willing to be reserves in any tourney. You could have willing reserves post a list of any settings that they are willing or unwilling (whichever works better) in their reply so tourney creators could have a ready pool of willing "extras" to draw from.

Just a suggestion.
If I seem slightly confused somebody please slap me.
Corporal mushin

Re: Reserves

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:22 am

mushin wrote:This isn't so much a tourney idea, as an idea for the create/join a tournament threads in general. It's actually not my idea. I have no issues with shamelessly stealing from others. It's based on Sir Rocco's reserve pool. Why not create a thread for people willing to be reserves in any tourney. You could have willing reserves post a list of any settings that they are willing or unwilling (whichever works better) in their reply so tourney creators could have a ready pool of willing "extras" to draw from.

Just a suggestion.
Ricco. I like the idea and I had an Idea like that before. I think you will see some changes some. Prime had an Idea for a tournament helper, OTIS. And its in the making, but when done the tournaments will be a lot easier to run.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby pepperonibread on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:15 pm

Cold War Tourney, anybody? With the Soviet Union map out, it would work... one bracket USA, the other USSR, or something like that.
Just an idea, of course. I'll never be starting it, but if someone decides to take it up, just PM me & I'll be sure to join :)
Corporal pepperonibread

Postby brendan man on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:37 am

have a massive 8 player tournament where a different number of people advance each round.
Corporal brendan man

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives