Conquer Club

Map makers

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Map makers

Postby samyrana on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:33 pm

f*ck u don't make any more maps we already have a lot

THE CROSSWORD MAP REALY SUCKS
Cadet samyrana

Postby kingwaffles on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:35 pm

Dude, calm down. Some people like having a wide variety of maps to play on and personally I think the crossword map is a lot of fun and very innovative.
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:36 pm

Surely your time could be better spent than attempting to crush creativeness in all its forms and glories. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby samyrana on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:50 pm

we have already 13 fucking maps don't you think thats more than just variety

andy if you are realy from zihuatanejo you'll understand this : que puto eres
Cadet samyrana

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:04 pm

All you need is minimal spanish to understand that. Tienes una trucha en tu pantalones....ai ai ai. More maps the merrier.

--Andy

Postby samyrana on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:23 pm

oh you think that what about this

tienes una trucha en tus pantalones significa you got a fish i n your pants maldito idiota de mierda espero que vivas tu miserable vida , dia a dia a dia

p.d. que puto eres
Cadet samyrana

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:27 pm

Hehe a miserable life...sure sure. **Yawns, twiddles his thumbs, leaves as there is no excitement here.**

--Andy

Postby Hoff on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:55 pm

nobody is forcing you to play the new maps. You can only play the classic map if you would like. It doesnt affect you at all so there is no reason to complain.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Mr. K on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:03 am

Hoff wrote:nobody is forcing you to play the new maps. You can only play the classic map if you would like. It doesnt affect you at all so there is no reason to complain.

Yea, you really can't argue with that. It's not hurting you any.
Lieutenant Mr. K

Postby Haydena on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:40 am

samyrana do you really have nothing better to do with your time? What is moaning seriously going to accomplish? No-one is going to remove the maps if you whinge about them, I think someone needs a life...
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:24 am

... I have to agree with the general flow of this thread - no such things as too many maps... however . . .

... We're seeing a lot of maps being proposed / put up, that are little more than lines and colors in the shape of some continent or region.

... That's not a slam on anybody in particular, just an observation. Let's all think textures, associated artwork (perhaps a minotaur for Ancient Greece - just a thought), and the like.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby lilwdlnddude on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:33 pm

Nobunaga wrote:... I have to agree with the general flow of this thread - no such things as too many maps... however . . .

... We're seeing a lot of maps being proposed / put up, that are little more than lines and colors in the shape of some continent or region.

... That's not a slam on anybody in particular, just an observation. Let's all think textures, associated artwork (perhaps a minotaur for Ancient Greece - just a thought), and the like.

Yes I agree with the adding textures and things... I am going to make my Africa map look better by adding some things if lack feels like changing my map. lol. The more maps the better!
Captain lilwdlnddude

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:06 am

"Something that looks like it was designed in Microsoft Paint may not make the cut." - words of lack

Man, that Indochina map really sucks. How could lack approve it? It seems a Conquer Club version for players with an EGA / 16 colours video. I refuse to play it. About Crosswords... I really dont consider it a map.
Major Marvaddin

Postby rocksolid on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:13 pm

Marvaddin wrote:Man, that Indochina map really sucks. How could lack approve it? It seems a Conquer Club version for players with an EGA / 16 colours video. I refuse to play it. About Crosswords... I really dont consider it a map.

Hey Marv, I heard a rumour that you're changing your profile name to FunTimeCharlie. Is that true?
Lieutenant rocksolid

Postby lilwdlnddude on Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:56 pm

Marvaddin wrote:"Something that looks like it was designed in Microsoft Paint may not make the cut." - words of lack

Man, that Indochina map really sucks. How could lack approve it? It seems a Conquer Club version for players with an EGA / 16 colours video. I refuse to play it. About Crosswords... I really dont consider it a map.

I actually like the Indochina map. I think its kinda fun to play, very neat, and well put together. On the other hand I think the germany map looks really sloppy and bubbley... If you know what i mean. It just looks like the outside edges are bubbles... and all the borders are really sloppy... and then I think the middle east map is just lacking texture and creativity. But these are just my opinions. Please nobody take offence to these. If I wanted to offend you I would go into the flame wars!!
Captain lilwdlnddude

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:09 pm

The inner depths of my soul dislikes the Indochina map. I can't stand it the way it currently is. Seems rather under par and unfinished. It has a chance to be a fun and playable map, but not in its current state.

The Middle East map is also another personal gripe of mine, it doesn't seem to mesh at all, and looks like it was created in about an hour and 10 minutes. I think a revamped version would be splendid; I know a few reworkings of maps are currently being developed.

The Germany map does seem a little 'bubbly', thouh I think it currently is much more playable than the Indochina map. All maps are a work in progress, I suspect many versions will be created of the current map selection.

It seems there is such haste to create a map and get it out there for people to play on. As this is nice, it doesn't seem very logical. I think a lot more time must be spent on many of the maps out there and of the maps currently being developed. Your first rough draft probably isn't going to be close to finished, though many seem to think only minor changes then are needed.

--Andy

Return to Foundry Discussions