Conquer Club

Brigade Commander Tournament - Quads [Canceled]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should the tournament go forward?

Poll ended at Thu May 01, 2008 10:34 am

Yes
32%
No
8%
Yes, but only if you drop freestyle...
60%

Total votes : 25

Brigade Commander Tournament - Quads [Canceled]

Postby gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:59 am

Update 5/1: Well, the poll has run and the people have spoken. I would like someone to join me as a co-organizer, as now there is the tedious business of individually inviting back the people who I told we would be allowing freestyle. Assuming someone steps up, you can obviously have credit as a co-organizer, and I would still work with you to manage and run the tournament. If anyone is interested, please PM me. The co-organizer will also be able to have input into any other changes in the format ... and it may be that a total relaunch is needed, so if you have thoughts on how this could be better set up, I hope you will step forward. Thanks!

Update 4/16: It has been two months since the date signups started. While the number of participants has slowly grown, the number of recent drop outs suggests that interest in the tournament is tepid at best. I am not officially calling it off yet, but that seems where things are heading. I realize that the number of people dropping out has to do with the decision to allow freestyle settings, subject to some very important "equalizer" rules that I described on page 3-4. I want to explain why I'm not inclined to change the freestyle rule briefly... this tournament was conceived after reading a lot of posts by new or lower ranked players who complain that they don't see many top players joining their games, or at least not joining unless it's a team game and they have already got a locked up heavily favored team together. The thought was that a senior player would be challenged to play along side some junior players and in the process foster some much needed interaction across ranks, and also maybe have some mentoring, etc. etc. Getting teammates together at an appointed time to all jump on a freestyle game and lauch a coordinated attack could be part of that interraction. It's a risk-benefit decision for each team captain to make. So I resist telling any team that wants freestyle that they can't have it. So I'm now reevaluating whether this tournament should go forward at all. I've created a poll that will be open for 15 days. Please voice whether we should continue or call it off. If the vote is to continue without freestyle, I may ask for someone else to take over the tournament. Thanks all...

Teams comprised of 3 non-officer's and one team member with officer rank of Seargeant of higher. (Yes, Seargeant is technically not a commissioned officer, so if comes down to too much interest, teams with higher ranking officers will have priority).

UPDATE 3/27: I am considering what to do about the recent unannounced rank inflation. I seems to me not dynamic I was going for to have the possibility of a 1301 sgt. leading a bunch of 1299 CFC's. However, based on the fact that I've watched confirmed teams go up and down as (silly me) the sign-up process takes a little longer than I had expected, I'm also not inclined to be too much of a stickler. If you have any thoughts on the issue, please post up in the thread or PM me. Thanks (oh, and congrats to most of you on our recent rank promotions :lol: )

We will take 16 teams, total 64 players needed. We will not be taking reserves due to the nature of the tournament.

Teams will be paired randomly. Losing team will select one member as the "casualty". Those teams will then fall into a "tripples" bracket and face off in random pairs. Losers will fall into a "doubles" bracket" and ultimately a "singles" bracket. For those of you paying attention, this means lots of chances to score points even if you don't win the tournament. However the real bragging rights will go to the Army commander who is able to whip a team of cadets, cooks and privates into a victorious army.

To add another element of realism, each team will select one of the "historic battle maps" and the game elements (fog-of-war, cards, etc.). Each round will take place on the home battlefield's of one side, based on a random draw. In essence, officers must prepare their unit for battle at home or abroad on foreign soil in unfamiliar terrain.

Choices of Home Battlefield Are:

1) American Civil War
2) Battle for Austrailia
3) Battle of Actium
4) Berlin 1961
5) D-Day
6) Duck & Cover
7) Pearl Harbor
8) Waterloo
9) WWII Eastern Front
10) WWII Iwo Jima
11) WWII Western Front

Commanding officers, post team member names here (soldiers please post confirmations as well). Commanding officers please PM to me - do not post - your choice of battlefield, which can be deferred until the tournament roster is filled.

If a member of a team "deadbeats", the game will go on as though the soldier went AWOL to the disadvantage of the that person's team.

This is the opportunity to show which of the top officers of cc are truly worth of the ranks bestowed on them as leaders of armies, and which are mere bushwackers praying in dark circles on the green noobs.

Good luck.
Last edited by gdeangel on Thu May 01, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Sergeant gdeangel

Brigade Commander Tournament - Quads

Postby gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:01 am

Reserved for Results

Here is a diagram of how the tournament rounds will be played out:

Last edited by gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant gdeangel

Brigade Commander Tournament - Teams / Brackets

Postby gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:03 am

Roster Status (as of 3/24/08):

TEAM 1
Natewolfman *
Roadhawg
SkywardShadow
Alchemy70

TEAM 2
hiddendragon *
littlebrother2k7 (U)
jruss
netspyman

TEAM 3
lt.pie *
silvanus
anarkistdream
master merlin (U)

TEAM 4
killmanic *
Lipman (U)
UVReign
Sun_Tzu (U)

TEAM 5
daydream*
frozen_flame
kotaro
[Open]

TEAM 6
dragon dor*
silly_sil (U)
pascalleke
[Open]

TEAM 7 (withdrawn)
ralphcptc*
clockwork
mekanik
seamusk

TEAM 8 (withdrawn)
ubcman64*
Daviedoo
conquerAce
theprotector85

TEAM 9 (withdrawn)
crbluth*
[open]
[open]
[open]

TEAM 10 (withdrawn)
chansigril*
[open]
[open]
[open]

TEAM 11 (withdrawn)
[Spanish Warriors]

TEAM 12
VJ *
Drags
Alex76 (U)
DimnjacarStef

Mercenaries:(looking to be hired by somebody's army)
    monster10
    madman7
    acores2005
    graulenst
    pat 3800
    Evil Semp
    proudly nerdy
    agile76
    kendoh99
    Cheesehead123

* denotes commanding officer

(U) denotes unconfirmed. Commanders, please ask your unconfirmed troops to post here indicating they are on board.

NOTE: If a brigade has less than 4 players at the time we hit 64 on the roster, the organizer reserves the right to randomly assign mercenaries to understaffed brigades. At any time prior, commanding officers may also designate specific mercenaries they want to have in their brigade.
Last edited by gdeangel on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby UVReign on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:33 am

I'm in!!! Just a lowly Cadet needing some "senior leadership". What do I need to do? Anything. This would/will be my first tournament. Please excuse my ignorance.....

UVReign

Go Blue!
Cook UVReign

What to do

Postby gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Thanks for your interest UVM. Try rounding up a team... when you play well against a senior officer or they give you some good feedback, mention the tournment. Finding troops is going to be easier than finding an officer to lead. As we get more interest, I'll start a running list of unattached singles as well, but I wouldn't wait for that at this early stage.

I've posted an announcement in the officer's mess and the officer's club, so we'll see whether anyone is going to show up to the party.
Last edited by gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby Natewolfman on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:17 pm

save me a place... ill round up a team here shortly, and im currently a lt/cap (somewhare in the middle)
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby hiddendragon on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm in...we cann't bring a team with us? random pairing?
If I can bring in a team it would be myself (hiddendragon), kronic69, and littlebrother2k7. We would still need a 4th...if it truely is random pairing then forget the players I just tryed to force in but allow me to play anyways=P
Sergeant 1st Class hiddendragon

Postby Natewolfman on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:26 pm

ok i have my team now

-NateWolfman (team leader)
-Roadhawg
-SkywardShadow
-Alchemy70

Postby gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Excellent - Natewolfman & hiddendragon you are both in.

[Edited] To clear things up, Captain hiddendragon you can definitely bring your own army... only requirement is they be seargeants or lower in rank (but no new recruits). The team you mentioned you can certainly play with little brother2k7 (I'm not going to nit pick that he is SFC) but Ltnt. kronic69 would need to field his own army and cannot be on your team as a second ranking officer... for your third/fourth player you might want to hook up with UVReign whose looking for a team...

Obviously there is no rule against checking into the battle record of the people you will be fighting with shoulder to shoulder.

I will need to get confirms from Roadhawg, SkywardShadow, Alchemy70 and littlebrother2k7 as well. We would of course welcome Lieutenant kronic69 to field an army, so please pass this information along and let him know we'll try to pair him up with some grunt singles if he still wants to play.

Good luck!
Last edited by gdeangel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby Natewolfman on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:41 pm

gdeangel wrote:Excellent - Natewolfman & hiddendragon you are both in.

To clear things up, hiddendragon you can definitely bring your own army... only requirement is they be seargeants or lower in rank (but no new recruits). The team you mentioned would be fine... four your fourth you might drop a PM to UVReign... obviously there is no rule against checking into the battle record of the people you will be fighting with shoulder to shoulder.

I will need to get confirms from Roadhawg, SkywardShadow, Alchemy70 and kronic69 and littlebrother2k7 as well.

Good luck!

alright ill tell them to post... they are all 3 corporal 1st classes i belive
Last edited by Natewolfman on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alchemy70 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:45 pm

Count me in bros.

Alche.
Private Alchemy70

game

Postby roadhawg on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:48 pm

roadhawg here im ready hope the best for you all
Sergeant 1st Class roadhawg

Postby SkywardShadow on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Signing in.
Lieutenant SkywardShadow

fun and games

Postby roadhawg on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 am

you gotta luv it , its great the life we live 8)
Sergeant 1st Class roadhawg

Postby gdeangel on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:29 am

Apparently The Truculent Alliance is the only clan where they think the NCO's are worthy to play with the officers... ? I see a lot of smack talk from the clans in the callouts... so where's the beef!
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby hiddendragon on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:44 pm

You still didn't answer the question...is it random pairing or can we bring mates with us....as to your question about this translucent alliance, at least they listen and work together which more then i can say about most commisioned officers...they're not bad partners, i have won with them as mates many times...

Postby gdeangel on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:41 pm

You can pick your mates, but no more than one high ranking officer per team (i.e., officers fight along side soldiers not other officers...)

Cheers!
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby hiddendragon on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:20 pm

kronic69 is still in with me caps so is littlebrother2k7...still need one =P

Postby hiddendragon on Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:06 am

kronic69 is no longer with cc

Postby lt.pie on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:19 am

ill get a team together
Captain lt.pie

Postby lt.pie on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:21 am

ok ,my team is..me, silvanus, master merlin and anakaristdream
Captain lt.pie

Postby jruss on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 am

I will play under hiddendragon if he allows me to, is this for freemium aswell?
Lieutenant jruss

Postby Silvanus on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:24 pm

lt.pie wrote:ok ,my team is..me, silvanus, master merlin and anakaristdream

right. I'm confirming herewith :)
Private 1st Class Silvanus

Postby hiddendragon on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:47 pm

add jruss to my squad please.

Postby netspyman on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:52 pm

can i play i dont have a team but would love to if someone would pick me up on their team

NETSPYMAN
Major netspyman

Next

Return to Abandoned