Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

*Tourney Idea Needs a Home* CC Champion/Biggest Loser

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Alright so heres the layout, 64 players, 8 player standard games (Im thinking escalating, unlimited blah blah, to keep the game short)
The winners of the games continue up the ladder to battle for the Champion of CC while the losers continue down the road of becoming the Biggest Loser of CC, in order not to become the biggest loser, you must win at least 1 game. Note- This is not a goal, please try not to become the biggest loser...

Example-
Game 1 [Round 1]
Players 1 [Winner]

Game 9 [Round 2 Winners]
Players 1

Game 10 [Round 2 Losers]
Players 2

Im sure theres going to be confused people and i know i didnt detail it to the best of my abilitys but time is short for me.

For the record, i do not want to host this, if someone else can host this idea, then please by all means do so
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManBungalow wrote:For BBS, I recommend he get more DDS. That way, he won't experience such jealous BJ's.

Private DirtyDishSoap

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Sir. Ricco on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:59 pm

This needs to be put here, ***Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home***
Oh strong moverbot…
:lol:
Captain Sir. Ricco

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:26 pm

Eh, my first time throwin out a tourney so im going to have my quirks
ManBungalow wrote:For BBS, I recommend he get more DDS. That way, he won't experience such jealous BJ's.

Private DirtyDishSoap

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Sir. Ricco on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Thats ok. It happens to the best of use. :lol: :roll:
Well, I like the idea from what I can get from it.
Will there be anybody eliminated or when will there be a winner?
Captain Sir. Ricco

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Moverbots to the rescue!!!!! :D
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:Thats ok. It happens to the best of use. :lol: :roll:
Well, I like the idea from what I can get from it.
Will there be anybody eliminated or when will there be a winner?

Thank you OP

And to answer your question, The people that win continue up until there is only 1 left. (People who won a game cannot be considered a loser and join loser games, once you win and lose, your done)
As for the losers, they continue downwards, its a long bracket. A loser has to be win at least one game in order to be disqualified from being the biggest Loser in CC.
Basically its a 2 way elimination game.

Private DirtyDishSoap

Reserves

Postby mushin on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

This isn't so much a tourney idea, as an idea for the create/join a tournament threads in general. It's actually not my idea. I have no issues with shamelessly stealing from others. It's based on Sir Rocco's reserve pool. Why not create a thread for people willing to be reserves in any tourney. You could have willing reserves post a list of any settings that they are willing or unwilling (whichever works better) in their reply so tourney creators could have a ready pool of willing "extras" to draw from.

Just a suggestion.
If I seem slightly confused somebody please slap me.
Corporal mushin

Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Reserves

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:22 am

mushin wrote:This isn't so much a tourney idea, as an idea for the create/join a tournament threads in general. It's actually not my idea. I have no issues with shamelessly stealing from others. It's based on Sir Rocco's reserve pool. Why not create a thread for people willing to be reserves in any tourney. You could have willing reserves post a list of any settings that they are willing or unwilling (whichever works better) in their reply so tourney creators could have a ready pool of willing "extras" to draw from.

Just a suggestion.
Ricco. I like the idea and I had an Idea like that before. I think you will see some changes some. Prime had an Idea for a tournament helper, OTIS. And its in the making, but when done the tournaments will be a lot easier to run.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby pepperonibread on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:15 pm

Cold War Tourney, anybody? With the Soviet Union map out, it would work... one bracket USA, the other USSR, or something like that.
Just an idea, of course. I'll never be starting it, but if someone decides to take it up, just PM me & I'll be sure to join :)
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Postby brendan man on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:37 am

have a massive 8 player tournament where a different number of people advance each round.
Sergeant brendan man

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby LB Ninja on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:50 pm

someone should set up a MLB tournament for premi's and non premi's.....
there should be all 32 teams.... then playoffs at the end that would be pretty sweet....
i would play
Colonel LB Ninja

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby Sir. Ricco on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:58 pm

LB Ninja wrote:someone should set up a MLB tournament for premi's and non premi's.....
there should be all 32 teams.... then playoffs at the end that would be pretty sweet....
i would play

I think some one did.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Re:

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:29 pm

pepperonibread wrote:Cold War Tourney, anybody? With the Soviet Union map out, it would work... one bracket USA, the other USSR, or something like that.
Just an idea, of course. I'll never be starting it, but if someone decides to take it up, just PM me & I'll be sure to join :)

I was about to suggest something like this.

Perhaps have 2 groups...the Americans and the Soviets. Each with their "Home Map" (I.E. USA and Soviet Union maps).

Then play various rounds on those, alternating Home Map, perhaps with a final or series of final culminations on the soon to be Arms Race! Map, or perhaps even some on Duck and Cover!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Re:

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
pepperonibread wrote:Cold War Tourney, anybody? With the Soviet Union map out, it would work... one bracket USA, the other USSR, or something like that.

I was about to suggest something like this.

Perhaps have 2 groups...the Americans and the Soviets. Each with their "Home Map" (I.E. USA and Soviet Union maps).

Then play various rounds on those, alternating Home Map, perhaps with a final or series of final culminations on the soon to be Arms Race! Map, or perhaps even some on Duck and Cover!

--Andy

Already been started: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=49107
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

2200+ Tripples tournament.

Postby firstholliday on Mon May 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Wouldn't it be cool to set up an tripple tournament for 2200+ players only.. same as Andrew B his doubles but then with tripples.

I just don't have the time but for whomever wants it i think it will be great!!!
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
Colonel firstholliday

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (7)

PreviousNext

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion