Conquer Club

luck

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Luck is an major factor in CC games!

Poll ended at Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:30 am

Total votes : 0

luck

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:30 am

This would be a great topic sindse how often i hear players talk abbout luck not seing huge possibility's.
Luck is like: not understanding why somthing sometime happen.

More polls will come as discussions devlope.
Last edited by Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
The various religions are like different roads converging on the same point. What difference does it make if we follow different routes, provided we arrive at the same destination.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Greetings from the Stargazer.
Private 1st Class Stargazer

Postby w3a2 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:49 am

i only lose because of bad luck. when i win it's because of superb strategy on my part.
Private 1st Class w3a2

bad luck

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:49 am

Luck is like :
manny choice's resulting to manny various outcome's, when you missing why the outcome is in your disadvantidge, they called it bad luck!

But as some agree, luck can be manupulated, one off those manipulating moments will be reflected in this feedback:
Feedback:"Positive I had complete control of the game, and he stopped me from having an extra 8 men, with his armies that out numbered me by 2 or 3 guys. Went against the odds to stop me from winning...ended up winning too.
89086 rom_tobins ( 7-0 )
2006-10-20 06:04:05 "
And just a moment ago ('06-1020' 18:00 GMT) it happend aigan i lost 5-6 agains 12 arms in a attack :?: And i also had bad luck by RISKing and getting two time ran out's , two sequencial turns in a row, i'm still confused abbout wath happend to me :!:
So I believe i had luck by being able to mannupilate mine share :wink:
8)
Last edited by Stargazer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:08 am

w3a2 wrote:i only lose because of bad luck. when i win it's because of superb strategy on my part.

Luck is like: not understanding why somthing sometime happen
Last edited by Stargazer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: luck

Postby Stargazer on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:35 am

Please tell us abbout your vote and why.

But also come with intresting new discussion and queations if you want!

React on statements and defent your statements.

Here there is a space where you can talk serious stuff

Enjoy
Last edited by Stargazer on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
The various religions are like different roads converging on the same point. What difference does it make if we follow different routes, provided we arrive at the same destination.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Postby Rednaxela on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 am

getting into a winning position is usually from good play and sometimes luck may play a part though
Live By the Sword Image Die By the Sword
Private Rednaxela

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:32 am

Strategy is the most important factor by a big margin, by a solid strategy I'd gotten into a nice position where I was the strongest player by units and could break one of my main opponents continents. That would have happened no matter what and my overall position would have been slightly improved.

Due to good luck with the dices I ended up breaking both of his continents and pushing him down to only 11 countries.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Scorba on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:05 am

The combination of deployment, dice, cards and the actions of other players mean that luck is the overwhelming factor in any individual game. Over numerous games, however, skill tells.
Last edited by Scorba on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby Master Bush on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:07 am

Are you using your yahoo avatar as your cc avatar?
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby imhot4jesus on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:15 am

Literacy never hurt anybody.
Private imhot4jesus

Postby arizona on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:21 am

obviously the luck averages out over many games. So while an individual game might depend on luck, your overall progress up the charts depends on strategy.

Within a game, though, I find that bad dice in the first few turns can break you for the rest of most games.
Lieutenant arizona

Postby kc-jake on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:19 am

arizona wrote:Within a game, though, I find that bad dice in the first few turns can break you for the rest of most games.

Truth. Especially in No Cards.
I was a major back when 1600 was major. Now that I'm back, I get to easily win a bunch of games to get my rank. Thank the 'tards here who suck at this game.
imhot4jesus wrote:Literacy never hurt anybody.

Highest Rank: #154 (Oct 05 '06)
Highest Score: 1725 (Jul 18 '08)
Sergeant 1st Class kc-jake

Postby martijn on Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Well I think luck is a factor. Though I try to manipulate the gameplay as much as I can. You need a bit luck but a good tactic or strategy is the only way to win! :twisted:
Captain martijn

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:59 pm

w3a2 wrote:i only lose because of bad luck. when i win it's because of superb strategy on my part.

I think a large number of people feel this way...I know I sure do sometimes. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby viking thunder on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 pm

Luck, by and large, controls the output of any game. It all averages out over time, and skill and strategy show in your long term results.

Luck also works different ways for different people.

For good players with real strategies, it is bad luck which causes them to lose more than any, because they have a plan and strategy, and good luck may benefit them a little, but their strategy would have given them a win anyways.

For poorer players, with less skill. luck often helps push them to victory. As without it they do not have alot of a chance going up against someone better skilled at strategy and gameplay.

All in all, I believe luck plays a part in every game, more so in some than others. but the definition of strategy in this game would be your ability to plan around, and cope with, whatever kind of luck you have, so in the long run it is always strategy and skills that win a game,

No matter how bad your luck went, there was always someone somewhere who could have gotten the win in your situation.
Sergeant 1st Class viking thunder

Combination's

Postby Stargazer on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:47 am

Scorba wrote:The combination of deployment, dice, cards and the actions of other players mean that luck is the overwhelming factor in any individual game. Over numerous games, however, skill tells

I only agree on one point: " however, skill tells"
I disagree, on most of the examples you gave because they conclude otherwise acording to me.

* The combination's are entirly depending on choice's and choices are depending on insight's.
*Dice this is the most luck factor there is and still not entirly luck because:
Strategy is the most important factor by a big margin, by a solid strategy I'd gotten into a nice position

* cards Well you can go for the bonus arms and you can choose to play the first possibe combination of card's right away or choos to hold 'm (when you have that choice), you could choose not to attack and conquer a card and then there the card's of the terminated.
8)
Last edited by Stargazer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Postby xMBKx on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:04 pm

This is becoming a very theoretical discussion. Luck is something you have in your life and also in your games. I don't have both of them so I rely on my own force. And besides that: I don't need any luck, because my strategy is the best:-)Ppp.

This brings me on a speech of Nelson Mandela and I can't withhold it from you all. Please read it:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
XI Lifetime Member... Where killing is done with honour and respect!

Playing Risk II on: http://eWarZone.com/

"...Niet geschoten, is altijd mis..."
Major xMBKx

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:11 pm

here's how it works: ok, when you first play a game, you have a 50% of winning, or losing, since good luck/bad luck dominates ur play. as you go on, it becomes a 60% chance of winning.

Of, course this is all assuming u are playing those of ur skill level
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

yahoo

Postby Stargazer on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:38 am

Master Bush wrote:Are you using your yahoo avatar as your cc avatar?

Well on yahoo and messenger i'm Timetraveller & The explorer
Yeah right, this sounds a little off topic, but i have no picture or annything, also not much knowhow of working with the possibillity's of this software, also i'm just on the internet for 8 weeks now, and need some help[ with my possibility's, and lucky enough i found on my regular yahoo, a avatar, so i modifyed that a little and used it for my MSN, when i joined CC 6 weeks or so ago i upload it to the area of my profile.

So what is your opinion abbout the strategy and luck factors of CC?

Do you have anny discussion worthwhile relating to strategy and or luck then we like to know :!:
8)
Last edited by Stargazer on Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

manipulating

Postby Stargazer on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:48 am

martijn wrote:Well I think luck is a factor. Though I try to manipulate the gameplay as much as I can. You need a bit luck but a good tactic or strategy is the only way to win! :twisted:

Yes, i think you can try inforce your luck with strategy :!:

All in all, I believe luck plays a part in every game, more so in some than others. but the definition of strategy in this game would be your ability to plan around, and cope with, whatever kind of luck you have, so in the long run it is always strategy and skills that win a game, ...

Yes, strong arguments those that most agree to i see.

very nice thx

Postby Stargazer on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:01 am

Yeah, we try to set our goals higher and higer, until we cant be happy only because we invent somthing so we can dissapoint ourself's.
We shoulnt be occupyed with what we dont have, because there is a univers full of what we cant do or imagine.
Instead we should treassure more what we can achief and wat we have obtaint, those are worthy of our joy, so enjoy while it last

2006-10-31 08:56:24 - Kegler: stretches......lol its building up to be a big game like I havnt seen in years
2006-10-31 09:01:51 - Kegler: k, Im happy to have a treaty with you, now I got to go and sleep, so I will be back on tomorrow,maybe early when I wake up

By the end of round 32 we have more then 100 army's, then we gonna fight eachoter after a 16 turn lasting treaty.
Now i experience again how strategy's combined with luck variable's, work's.
I like this game soooo much :!:
8)
check out the forum in gen. dis. "Luck"; and express your opinion
This game is now: ( 06 / 10 / 31 ) in progres, check for detail and out come on this link:
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=93020
please do check out the veroveraarsclub forum
Last edited by Stargazer on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Postby Stargazer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:55 am

viking thunder wrote:Luck, by and large, controls the output of any game. It all averages out over time, and skill and strategy show in your long term results.

Luck also works different ways for different people.

For good players with real strategies, it is bad luck which causes them to lose more than any, because they have a plan and strategy, and good luck may benefit them a little, but their strategy would have given them a win anyways.

For poorer players, with less skill. luck often helps push them to victory. As without it they do not have alot of a chance going up against someone better skilled at strategy and gameplay.

All in all, I believe luck plays a part in every game, more so in some than others. but the definition of strategy in this game would be your ability to plan around, and cope with, whatever kind of luck you have, so in the long run it is always strategy and skills that win a game,

No matter how bad your luck went, there was always someone somewhere who could have gotten the win in your situation.
Yeah i seccond that, still its suprise me that nearly 50% seems to think otherwise like the poll reflected, but if i look at the reactions it seems like >90%, well i'm currious to those arguments that oppose these views.

Who agrees with this: Luck can be inforced by covering yourself and be prepared for unlucky time's so youre able to handle this period and recover quick after?
8)
- Mahatma Gandhi

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:29 am

its all about strategy. You have to factor luck in, or lack thereoff.
But when you see a 32 army stumble over a 5 army, thats tough luck.
besides, more important then luck is survival. as long as you survive, your dicerolls will become average in the ling run, making strats much more important
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion