Conquer Club

worth of set (merged) [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Card Turn in Counter

Postby skent on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Instead of having to scroll up and find out what the last turn in was worth how about a Turn in Counter which tells you how many armies you will be allotted should you decide to cash in?
Cook skent

Postby joeyjordison on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:34 pm

needs to b in suggestoins and bugs. gd idea tho but more important stuff to b done. its no effort to scroll up and we talked a lot about how things like this will just clutter up the screen
Major joeyjordison

Postby moz976 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Check out this thread for tools to help you in playing Conquer Club. Tools

One of them is the greasemonkey script which among other things keeps track of how many cards everyone has.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby Nous-irons on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 pm

Do you know about the laws against card counting? :D
Sergeant Nous-irons

Postby skent on Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:03 pm

:)

Thanks for the responses guys! Much appreciated.
Cook skent

worth of set (merged) [Done]

Postby LYR on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Just a little suggestion, I think it would be easier if you have a little box telling (in a game with escalating cards) how much the next set is worth. I know it is not hard to go up in the game log and figure it out, I just think it would be a cool idea
Sergeant 1st Class LYR

Postby The1exile on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Greasemonkey already tells you this.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby magneticgoop on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:11 pm

why not make it
Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike...three.Image
Cook magneticgoop

Location: Screaming at the TV as Norv Turner turns the chargers into the worst team in the NFL =(

Next Bonus Set Counter

Postby FiveCardArmy on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:08 pm

This is something small but would be helpful especially for playing on mobile devices and casual games.

It would just be something simple like:

Next Bonus Card Set: 25

this would be very helpful for the iphone since you cant scroll on the game log to see what the last cash was and very helpful for casual games so you wouldn't HAVE to scroll the game log and find what the last cash was. Would be the same principal behind adding the card counter.
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Re: Next Bonus Set Counter

Postby yeti_c on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:49 pm

FiveCardArmy wrote:This is something small but would be helpful especially for playing on mobile devices and casual games.

It would just be something simple like:

Next Bonus Card Set: 25

this would be very helpful for the iphone since you cant scroll on the game log to see what the last cash was and very helpful for casual games so you wouldn't HAVE to scroll the game log and find what the last cash was. Would be the same principal behind adding the card counter.

You *could* get BOB script if you use Firefox - this will tell you the next redemption values for cards.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby tenio on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:37 pm

most mobile fones don't allow fire fox, only safari opera or a proprietary browser
Cadet tenio

Postby khazalid on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:51 pm

if you have an i-phone then surely you dont deserve to know what the next redemption is?
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby TaCktiX on Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:17 pm

Perhaps you could hack your iPhone and add Linux and Firefox to it. Honestly, next bonus set is something BOB does just fine. If you're playing CC off of your mobile phone, then you should expect a lowering in capabilities.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby Skittles! on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:11 am

I believe they should add it anyway. Many people may complain about it being just another thing to the map page, but it would help.

Not everyone uses firefox *stupidly*, and so this would also help.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby wicked on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:35 am

This would be a nice option to add for those who can't get BOB for whatever reason. Or for instances like now, when BOB isn't really working correctly, or when you need to shut it off for bugs or specific map problems. I'd ideally like to see alot of BOB features added directly to the game so BOB wasn't even needed.
Major wicked

Postby FiveCardArmy on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:35 am

TaCktiX wrote:Perhaps you could hack your iPhone and add Linux and Firefox to it. Honestly, next bonus set is something BOB does just fine. If you're playing CC off of your mobile phone, then you should expect a lowering in capabilities.

Hack my iphone? hahaha....No! And I dont know why but on other sites I can scroll and do everything else fine. It seems like a pretty quick and simple feature to add.

Next redemption: 12
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 am

wicked wrote:This would be a nice option to add for those who can't get BOB for whatever reason. Or for instances like now, when BOB isn't really working correctly, or when you need to shut it off for bugs or specific map problems. I'd ideally like to see alot of BOB features added directly to the game so BOB wasn't even needed.

Just to point out - BOB works perfectly as long as you can haven't tweaked any security settings or have downloaded the latest beta - or have more than one installed...

Spreading negative comments about BOB around the forum isn't overly a) useful, b) nice or c) conducive to solving any problems people may have.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby wicked on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:53 am

We're still hearing of issues with people who have the newest bob. But that convo is for another thread, eh?

My only point is it would be nice to have the bob features w/o having to have the addon script, for MANY reasons, only one of which is all the bugs we see from time to time.
Major wicked

Postby yeti_c on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 am

wicked wrote:My only point is it would be nice to have the bob features w/o having to have the addon script, for MANY reasons, only one of which is all the bugs we see from time to time.

This I DO agree with though.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby superkarn on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:00 am

wicked wrote:My only point is it would be nice to have the bob features w/o having to have the addon script, for MANY reasons, only one of which is all the bugs we see from time to time.

I agree with her also. There are a lot of scripts around, but CC should incorporate some of the neat features they have (when possible). :)
Major superkarn

Suggestion for Card Bonus Counter

Postby lmnopo on Wed May 14, 2008 9:59 am

I'd like a display of the current bonus card bonus for escalating bonus games. I know you can find it in the log ... but in the classic board game, there is a marker on the board which you can use to display the current bonus. The round number and current card bonus would seem to go well together.
Cadet lmnopo

Re: Suggestion for Card Bonus Counter

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 14, 2008 10:09 am

lmnopo wrote:I'd like a display of the current bonus card bonus for escalating bonus games. I know you can find it in the log ... but in the classic board game, there is a marker on the board which you can use to display the current bonus. The round number and current card bonus would seem to go well together.

If you're using Firefox - then feel free to get BOB... - see signature link.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: worth of set (merged) [Done]

Postby lackattack on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Done! :D

If you are in an escalating game it will now show something like this

My Spoils (bold if owned, next set worth 40 troops):
Sergeant lackattack

Re: worth of set (merged) [Done]

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Nice.