* Game and Player "BBCodes" - easily link to a player or game in your posts and messages. Use the buttons or code it like so:
- Code: Select all
The game link will even work for a waiting game, so your opponent may easily join it!
* Ranks appear next to posts and inside private messages
* Ignore List is now merged with foes, so you can hide someone's nasty game chat AND forum posts by clicking "add as foe" on their profile. We've pre-loaded everyone's foes with any players on their old Ignore List. Right now foes does not allow comments but we are actively working on providing that feature (and pre-loading your old Ignore List comments too).
* Change of email or password must now be done from Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit account settings
* Any post made in the Off-Topics forum (under various changing names) or in private usergroup forums will no longer contribute to a user's post count
To provide more fun for more players, I felt strongly that there should be a promotion between 1200 and 1400 points. So the score requirement for Sergeant is now 1300 instead of 1400. All "1st class" ranks are therefore 100 points higher than their non "1st class" counterpart. The score requirement of higher ranks are shifted down accordingly, except for Field Marshall which is now 4500 (I increased the gap to 1000 points to keep it out of reach for a little longer). Some of you will get a free promotion as a result of this!
Speed Game Drops
To avoid getting stuck with deadbeats in a speed game, we originally made speed games disappear if they don't fill up in 15 minutes. But that rather sucks when 7 out of 8 players had already joined and are ready to wage war only to have the game go *poof*! The 15 minute rule has now been scrapped. Instead players will be auto-dropped from a waiting speed game if they logout or their session is idle for 5 minutes but the game itself will remain until the last person drops.