Conquer Club

New maps.

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I would rather see new maps that

Total votes : 0

New maps.

Postby freakshow on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:14 am

Ok I know there are many aspiring map developers out there so I thought I'd field this poll.
Private freakshow

Postby rocksolid on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:50 am

Hey freakshow, maybe break this down into four separate polls or something - it looks like each pair of options is the answer to a separate question.
Lieutenant rocksolid

Postby freakshow on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:55 am

I figured one big poll would be better that way we could see what mattered the most to people.
Private freakshow

Postby Hoff on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:24 pm

I said, "reward defensive players". I think a fun and unique map to play would say 5 territories with only 1 or two border countries. And then just kind of a massive country in the middle. Everyone builds up in their own fortress of doom until the armies are so large that an all out war to end all wars commence. It would definetly be a different type of game then we are used to and an interesting one at that.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby freakshow on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:28 pm

This is interesting, I had guessed that unique would get votes but I wouldn't have though people wanted long defensive games. I'll keep this in mind in the future.
"CAN YOU DIG IT?"
-thegrimsleeper
Private freakshow

Postby Black Jack on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:34 pm

I could have clicked more than one.

A combination of poll questions... represents my opinion.
Cadet Black Jack

Postby freakshow on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:49 pm

My little brother asked me to help him make a map for conquer club I think I'll add capitals and see if people accept them. I'm also going to put together a creating a map 101 tutorial for people who have no skills in graphics whatsoever.
"CAN YOU DIG IT?"
-thegrimsleeper
Private freakshow

Postby Black Jack on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:56 pm

I'm also going to put together a creating a map 101 tutorial for people who have no skills in graphics whatsoever.

Hey, I resemble that remark :P
Cadet Black Jack

Postby kingwaffles on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:52 pm

I think we should have new and original maps otherwise we just get a whole bunch of replications of the classic map with a new skin. A new map should actually have new ideas/ a new design to make it worthwhile...
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby qeee1 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:46 pm

The crossword map to some extent resembles the fortresses in the corners and a big battleground in the centre. Most of the games I've played there the players all rush to take a corner continent. I think originality is important... also just an interesting layout. Asia and Europe for example have interesting layouts in my opinion, while America doesn't.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Return to Foundry Discussions