Conquer Club

[READ] Subtractions, Additions, and Policy Alterations

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[READ] Subtractions, Additions, and Policy Alterations

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Ahoy Ahoy Foundry Members,

The Foundry has been a bustling place...well at least behind the scenes the C.A.'s and I have been busy! (Whew, and I've been swamped in real life too...always getting in the way of CC...but that's another story!) We're happy to announce and introduce a few improvements to the Foundry.

First off, as some of you may know, our XML Interim Lanyards has become extra busy as of late and has resigned to prioritize real life over CC (I know, who does that kind of thing? ;)). We all wish him well and hope that he can still drop by the Foundry every once in a while and work on his maps and dish out feedback!

And on that note, the C.A.'s and I are happy to announce that we've a new XML Interim to fill Lanyards' place --- Forza AZ. He's been long helping out cartographer's with XML problems and fixes and he's happily accepted the official role of XML Interim. His job will be conducted nearly the same as Lanyards, though as to better facilitate his needs we will be creating an announcement topic in the Final Forge sub-forum called: "XML Check Request." Here cartographers will post a link to their map's topic and a link the map's XML so Forza can check it. He'll respond with an "all clear" or "needs some fixing" in the map's respective thread. Welcome aboard Forza AZ --- glad to have you helping out!

In other news...

If after reaching Final Forge, a map's development and/or feedback has stalled for a significant period of time, or if a map undergoes an overhaul of graphics and/or game play that may require the map to re-earn a stamp, said map will be returned to the Main Foundry to go through the development process once again. The mapmaker(s) will be notified prior to this move.

Maps Effected:
    South Africa
    Spaceness
    Conqueropoly

And in more news...

Once a map has received both the Game Play and Graphics stamp, the Foundry staff will determine if the map has the level of support expected of maps that reach the Final Forge stage. During this period the map will be stickied in the Main Foundry so that visitors can easily identify which maps are nearing Forge. Maps which are not deemed to be ready for the Forge, or which fail to generate adequate support as determined by the Foundry staff, will be un-stickied and given time for further work and further review in the Main Foundry.

And lastly...

Unit_2, a Foundry Helper maintaining the Developmental Atlas, has become busy with real life also. But we are happy to announce the our old friend Cairnswk will be taking over the job of maintaing the Developmental Atlas. It's glad to have you back at work again!
=======================================

We hope these improvements...well improve the Foundry! And keep your eyes out in the next few days for another exciting announcement as well! So lets get back to Map Making. And don't forget to smile and eat a banana.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: [READ] Subtractions, Additions, and Policy Alterations

Postby Kaplowitz on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:13 pm

lanyards was an XML Interim?

Well congratz and gl Forza, lets hope you stay a while! =D>
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:10 pm

I like the new changes so far.
Gives maps a bit more time to get up to high quality awesomeness.
Welcome Forza, good luck with the XML.
And Cairnswk, good luck with the dev. atlas.

So.... you say there's another anouncement Andy?
What will that one be about? I can't think of anything else that needs to be changed so far....
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby DiM on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:31 am

congrats forza and cairns.

PS: as for the soon to come announcement, can it be we're getting bigger size maps? or perhaps a 3d map interface? i'm starting to wet myself in excitement :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:50 am

Welcome aboard Forza... Good luck with the Checking... you know I'm here if you need any advice.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:35 am

DiM wrote:congrats forza and cairns.

PS: as for the soon to come announcement, can it be we're getting bigger size maps? or perhaps a 3d map interface? i'm starting to wet myself in excitement :lol:

Well go clean yourself up and take a nap. Nothing for you to be excited about :P
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby bryguy on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:08 am

glad that conqueropoly got moved back so that it could get its stamps, and hopefully improve in graphx/gameplay

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:congrats forza and cairns.

Well go clean yourself up and take a nap. Nothing for you to be excited about :P

drat no bigger map sizes? not even 3d?
maybe its even better, like them making me a mod, or quenching all my maps as soon as i post them :twisted:

course if it is, then i would have to ask what the world was coming to....

and congratz forza and cairns :mrgreen:
Corporal bryguy

Postby Unit_2 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:22 am

Hey guys, i'm sorry to leave being a helper but its really busy with my 2 maps and real life, maybe when it slows down abit I might help out again.

Best of luck to Cairswk & Forza AZ ;)
Corporal 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby t-o-m on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:34 am

great updates, will help with viewing statuses of maps :P
---
congratz cairns and Forza AZ :D
Major t-o-m

Return to Foundry Discussions