Conquer Club

[GO] Fog of Rank

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: anonymous games, or "Fog-of-Player" games ( © owenshooter)

Postby gp24176281 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:21 pm

Regarding the idea,

I think it's a great option and I don't c any extra opening for abuse.

Moreover, I was playing with the same idea in my head regarding another subject - games with no politic. This option together with chat disabled will enable to create an enforceable "no politics" games. It will be a very grim game option - but than, sometimes u just feel like plying a pure game.

my 2 cents
gp
High: 22(rank) @ 3186(score)
---------------
Co-Winner (with Prini, thinktank): Triples Battle of the World
Colonel gp24176281

Postby Marfski on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:20 pm

What a great idea!!! I put my vote in for it. I can see where it might be a temptation for a group of players who are colluding to play together but if everybody's identity was revealed at the end of the game I think the cheaters would be weeded out pretty quickly. CC has some pretty good hunters out there. If I lost a 6 or 8 player assassin, terminator, or standard game to a lower rank and we all started out even (blind) I would feel much less upset than losing to a lower rank because I felt like I was targeted because of rank. =D> =D>
Sergeant Marfski

Postby Timminz on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:28 pm

gp24176281 wrote:Regarding the idea,

Moreover, I was playing with the same idea in my head regarding another subject - games with no politic. This option together with chat disabled will enable to create an enforceable "no politics" games. It will be a very grim game option - but than, sometimes u just feel like plying a pure game.

my 2 cents
gp
That's awesome! Even without disabling the chat, you could avoid SOME secret alliances, because no one would know who the others were, and couldn't try to PM an alliance.
Captain Timminz

Re: Fog-of-Player games ( © owenshooter)

Postby insomniacdude on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:53 pm

bbqpenguin wrote:ok, so it's been brough up that there was potential for abuse and more cheating if this was implemented. i tried to think of some way this new method could be exploited any more than any other game, and i couldn't think of any. so, can anyone think of anyway this could bring more opportunities to cheat? that way, we can go ahead and try and think of ways to exploit this game type. go ahead and be devious, use that cheater's midn that i know you all have and have to struggle not to use ;) as things come up, i'll list them near the beginning of the thread along with possible solutions. also, if you can think of any other way to improve the idea, let me know and i'll tack that on too

It is just as easy to abuse in the game itself, but it would take longer to get caught. People wouldn't be able to look up common games between any two players until at least after the game ended...and if they are a really "good" multi, it will take even longer than that to determine in what games they've been cheating.

I think people will think it's easier to cheat (which it really isn't) with the idea, so more people will probably do it. As long as the staff and the observant members of the site stay on the ball, things shouldn't be a problem. I'd be in support of the option being available for all game types.

Another possibility is to list the names of those playing the game, but not to reveal which color as which they are playing. Multis and cheaters would be a bit easier to bust. There would still be a problem of some ranks avoiding the game due to other ranks, but the targeting that occurs in Terminator games still won't happen. :-k
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby imperialord on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 pm

:twisted:
Cook imperialord

Postby bbqpenguin on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 am

my 2 cents
gp

this is a very interesting idea and if you were willing to start your own idea thread i would be more than willing to offer my input and support
Sergeant 1st Class bbqpenguin

Postby Ditocoaf on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:53 am

I say a poll should be made in this idea's honor, so everyone can see the overwhelming support behind it.
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby bbqpenguin on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:09 am

Ditocoaf wrote:I say a poll should be made in this idea's honor, so everyone can see the overwhelming support behind it.

done my friend, it's a 3 day long poll

Re: anonymous, or "Fog-of-Player" games (©owenshooter) [POLL!]

Postby Ditocoaf on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:27 am

awesome. A simple yes/no/idc poll would be more visually impressive when everyone votes yes, but this works.

EDIT: as long as we're doing this, is there something between "regularly" and "not very many"?

Postby bbqpenguin on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:54 am

Ditocoaf wrote:awesome. A simple yes/no/idc poll would be more visually impressive when everyone votes yes, but this works.

EDIT: as long as we're doing this, is there something between "regularly" and "not very many"?

lol dito you either want it too simple or too complicated.... let's just leave the poll how it is for now and if someone has a very specific and unique answer to the poll they can just post it.

Postby Ditocoaf on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:20 am

Well, I think that you can either divide the range of feelings like this:
Code: Select all
yes/idc/no
++++++++++----------

or like this:
yesyesyes/yes/idc/no/nonono
****++++====----xxxx

or even like this:
love it long time/do it/why not/idc/not rly/don't/no wai
***+++~~~==...---xxx

but all you're offering is this:
best thing ever/meh,sure/idc/meh,no/NO WAI N HELL
**     ~~==..     xx

Where there is no option representing a vast majority of the continuum. There's a large gap between "I'd play it regularly (read, almost all games)" and "I'd play it a few times (read, one or two)"

Postby gp24176281 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:18 pm

bbqpenguin wrote:

my 2 cents
gp

this is a very interesting idea and if you were willing to start your own idea thread i would be more than willing to offer my input and support

:), The fact is, I started a thread quite a long time ago - named "Deals / Truces / Aliances - "Politics" in the game" - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47506.
The subject seems to be quite contraversial and draw out alot of emotions. The main complain about "no politics" option seems to be enforceability. Maybe, combined with your idea, will negate the main objection.

gp
---------------
Colonel gp24176281

Postby Ditocoaf on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:24 am

gp24176281 wrote:
bbqpenguin wrote:

my 2 cents
gp

:), The fact is, I started a thread quite a long time ago - named "Deals / Truces / Aliances - "Politics" in the game" - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47506.
The subject seems to be quite contraversial and draw out alot of emotions. The main complain about "no politics" option seems to be enforceability. Maybe, combined with your idea, will negate the main objection.

gp

The thing is, "no politics" isn't a game suggestion, because it's not something that you change the programming for. It'd be like having 24 hour games where everyone agrees to play realtime; there's no need for a "realtime" option. Why not just ask for "no politics" games in callouts, like people do with realtime games?

Please people, stop trying to hijack this idea by tying it to your own personal cause. If your idea has sunk, attempting to tie it to "fog of player" is more likely to sink this one, than buoy yours. This idea has a bright future by itself; add on more questionable options later.

Postby gp24176281 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:22 am

Ditocoaf wrote:The thing is, "no politics" isn't a game suggestion, because it's not something that you change the programming for. It'd be like having 24 hour games where everyone agrees to play realtime; there's no need for a "realtime" option. Why not just ask for "no politics" games in callouts, like people do with realtime games?

Please people, stop trying to hijack this idea by tying it to your own personal cause. If your idea has sunk, attempting to tie it to "fog of player" is more likely to sink this one, than buoy yours. This idea has a bright future by itself; add on more questionable options later.

Wtf???
Can u read English? Obviously not to a very high level.
The guy asked if I'll start a thread and point him to it and I did just that. Where is your problem?

gp
---------------
Colonel gp24176281

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:54 pm

would make some interesting tourney games
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 pm

gp24176281 wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:The thing is, "no politics" isn't a game suggestion, because it's not something that you change the programming for. It'd be like having 24 hour games where everyone agrees to play realtime; there's no need for a "realtime" option. Why not just ask for "no politics" games in callouts, like people do with realtime games?

Wtf???
Can u read English? Obviously not to a very high level.
The guy asked if I'll start a thread and point him to it and I did just that. Where is your problem?

gp

Sorry, I know you were trying to just point people to your thread, and I do think your idea would be fine. But I was afraid that too much off-topic discussion here will make this suggestion less likely. Also your suggestion, while a good one, is probably unlikely to be implemented, so I was afraid that saying it should be implemented "with" this one would cause this to be rejected by someone saying that "no politics" isn't worthwhile. If you try to tie the two suggestions together, then they will either both pass, or both fail, which I don't think is fair.

Re: Fog-of-Player games ( © owenshooter)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:00 am

insomniacdude wrote:Another possibility is to list the names of those playing the game, but not to reveal which color as which they are playing. Multis and cheaters would be a bit easier to bust. There would still be a problem of some ranks avoiding the game due to other ranks, but the targeting that occurs in Terminator games still won't happen. :-k

This could work as well...

However - I think that might lead to more abuse... as you could then PM someone and enter into an alliance and find out what colour that person was - thus getting you some extra info.

Just revealing at the end of the game could work...

Multis will be spotted by people just as much - because you don't usually spot multi's until the end of the game anyways!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 am

I don't like the idea. But if it is implemented, I think it would almost have to be without chat ... or folks will soon figure out who is who.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 pm

bump

Postby Herakilla on Sun May 04, 2008 10:51 am

cmon moddies!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby greenoaks on Sun May 04, 2008 1:39 pm

it would be easy to tell if you were playing owenshooter, he ends everything with an -o
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby bbqpenguin on Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 am

greenoaks wrote:it would be easy to tell if you were playing owenshooter, he ends everything with an -o

well that could be part of the game.... he could choose to omit the -o.... or someone else could use it to make people "think" they're owens... though i dunno why you would ever wanna do that. you could even have multiple people claiming to be the same person, which would bring up one of those cartoon-like situations where you have to shoot someone and you don't know which one is the imposter. this is already done in regular fow games, where a player can call out another's position to others... of course, he might be lying... or he might not, you never know.

Postby vampir2124 on Thu May 08, 2008 5:16 am

i do like this suggestion.

very interesting.
Highest Score: Lieutenant - 1727 : 03/05/08

My First Tourney : now started. :) viewtopic.php?t=45863
Cook vampir2124

Postby yeti_c on Thu May 08, 2008 5:47 am

bbqpenguin wrote:
greenoaks wrote:it would be easy to tell if you were playing owenshooter, he ends everything with an -o

well that could be part of the game.... he could choose to omit the -o.... or someone else could use it to make people "think" they're owens... though i dunno why you would ever wanna do that. you could even have multiple people claiming to be the same person, which would bring up one of those cartoon-like situations where you have to shoot someone and you don't know which one is the imposter. this is already done in regular fow games, where a player can call out another's position to others... of course, he might be lying... or he might not, you never know.

I AM SPARTACUS!!!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Herakilla on Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 am

yeti_c wrote:
bbqpenguin wrote:

I AM SPARTACUS!!!!!

C.

no... i am spartacus!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions