Conquer Club

[GO] Unrated, Unranked, or No Points Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GO] Unrated, Unranked, or No Points Games

Postby HT-Johnao on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:48 pm

Mod Edit: The option to create games for no points has been suggested dozens of times under numerous monikers including: Unrated games, Unranked games, No Points games, Sparring games, Friendly games and Recreational games. Each time it has been REJECTED. The simple reason for this is that it undermines the scoring system. If people were allowed to play all the games that they weren't very good at "for fun" or "for practice" and only play games that they could likely win points on "for realsies" or "for keeps" then all of a sudden everybody would be a farmer of sorts. Perhaps you think this would be a good thing. However, as it stands now, there appears to be almost zero chance that Conquer Club will engage in this experiment anytime in the foreseeable future.

This thread is related to the separate suggestion of allowing players to "stake" or set the amount of points that a game is worth. That idea, too, has been rejected countless times as you can see here: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 471&t=9694. Other related topics that I found, but felt they were distinct enough not to warrant a merge were for Anonymous, no points games and not allowing (as in not a user option) points to be collected for certain game types, e.g. freestyle games. However, this thread does include discussion of allowing "pointless" games within the Society of Cooks.

If, however, you would like to lend your support to the idea of unrated games, please do so here rather than creating yet another thread, which the moderators will have to merge with this one. If you see another thread that should be merged here, please inform a moderator. Thank you.
--agentcom

Per agentcom's request- This suggestion is partially filled by the bots update, allowing for players to compete against a "computer" player with no loss of points. This is also partially filled by the "guide games" available through Game Requests and the Society of Guides -James K

I think it would be great if you had the option to select ranked or unranked when creating a game. That way you can play a friendly games against your friends without tempers running high. Some people take ranks and points way too seriously.
Last edited by JamesKer1 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Private 1st Class HT-Johnao

Re: Unranked option

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:52 pm

HT-Johnao wrote:I think it would be great if you had the option to select ranked or unranked when creating a game. That way you can play a friendly games against your friends without tempers running high. Some people take ranks and points way too seriously.

I agree but all the people near the bottom will only ply unranked games
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby moz976 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 pm

I don't really see the point. If you don't care about rank then don't worry about it.

The only reason I could see for this would be as a practice area for people who don't want to lose points.

If you don't care about rank why would it matter if your playing for points or not?
Private moz976

Postby HT-Johnao on Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:35 pm

It is common practice on most game sites that have rank to allow the option of not playing with rank. Unranked games are much more friendly and relaxed then the ranked ones. Some people just get to obsessed with it..
Private 1st Class HT-Johnao

Unranked games

Postby N0g on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:55 pm

How about the option to make a game unranked or just for fun?

I'm (obviously) not good enough at this game to worry about my ranking, but at the same time, it would be nice to be able to try new maps without having to worry about losing the rank I have.
Lieutenant N0g

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:15 pm

I've always liked the option of choosing "rated" or "unrated" games. Sometimes they do seem more fun when you don't have to worry as much.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby qeee1 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:52 pm

It does seem like a good idea, the only drawback I can see is that then only the really good players will play ranked games, and everyone else will start losing so they'll stop, and the ranked thing will only be for the top tier of players...

Just what came to mind when I read the suggestion. I know in my online gaming experience that ranked games are generally very high standard, but maybe that's just my experience.
Colonel qeee1

Postby areyouincahoots on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:55 pm

it would be interesting, but if you're playing in unranked games...people won't take those games as seriously, and you could get stuck in a lot more games with deadbeats....would be unfortunate...especially for those without premium
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Unranked Games Option *Rejected*

Postby Banana Stomper on Mon May 01, 2006 8:23 am

Perhaps an option to play games that are not ranked may be a nice addition. Sometimes its fun to just play with your friends without fretting over what their rank is and how many points you may lose, or how many you may gain. Just pure fun for the sake of fun. I want to play with my friends even if they have trouble keeping their rank above private :D
Corporal 1st Class Banana Stomper

Postby Hoff on Mon May 01, 2006 9:41 am

*cough cough coolestguy *cough lol
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Banana Stomper on Mon May 01, 2006 11:47 am

hahah, yep
Corporal 1st Class Banana Stomper

Postby Hoff on Mon May 01, 2006 12:23 pm

Hes just not as addicted as we are I think. I don't know why tho...
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Fieryo on Mon May 01, 2006 2:25 pm

i second that idea. a point free option might be nice, for those games where you want to play a friend but know you'll lose....not like thats ever happened to me of course 8)
Major Fieryo

Postby areyouincahoots on Mon May 01, 2006 2:28 pm

I think that could be an interesting option...especially for newbies...so they can get used to gameplay before losing a lot of points...that's what happened to me...lol...but I'm always sure to mention that Lack has a lot of his to do list and I only want it to happen when Lack is ready to spend the time...
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday

Postby johnnyrotten on Mon May 01, 2006 2:30 pm

And I could repeatedly beat cahoots without her losing what few points she still has :D :P

EDIT: Yes I realise you have more points than me but that's only because I got screwed over and lost faith.
Sergeant johnnyrotten

Postby areyouincahoots on Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 pm

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee

Postby johnnyrotten on Mon May 01, 2006 2:58 pm

Do you want to put that to the test then?
Sergeant johnnyrotten

Postby areyouincahoots on Mon May 01, 2006 3:00 pm

let's go

Postby johnnyrotten on Mon May 01, 2006 3:02 pm

Can't actually do it right now, 2 of my games are sequentials, so they'll take forever, and the other 2 i'm waiting for one person in each to take their turn... :roll:
Sergeant johnnyrotten

Postby areyouincahoots on Mon May 01, 2006 3:05 pm

that's lame...lol

Postby johnnyrotten on Mon May 01, 2006 3:07 pm

I know... amandahugandkiss, drummerpcr, DIXIE, if you're reading this; don't read this! Take your turn!
Sergeant johnnyrotten

"Friendly" Games

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:01 pm

Got one that hasn't been suggested yet. :D

Would it be possible to set up a friendly game here, where no points would be at risk?

I know many people are complaining about the scoreboard right now, and this would be a way to keep both sides happy. If you dont like the way the scores work, then play only "ranked" games with people you choose, and start public "friendly" games where no points would be at risk.

As always, this could be subjest to abuse, and might lead to even further inflation of points on the scoreboard.

Also, there tends to be a lot of fighting in the forums about who is the better player. But then someone always chickens out because he would lose more points than the other guy and it wouldn't be fair. So, why not start a "friendly" game with a neutral 3rd party and duke it out for the bragging rights?

I tried to argue both sides of this, but please give some feedback.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby P Gizzle on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:03 pm

i like it
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:04 pm

A while ago, an Unranked Games Option was discussed, but Lack filed it under Rejected. But perhaps you can get some sway and momentum here.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby P Gizzle on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:05 pm

srry bout the double post, when i reply to a topic, it takes forever. usually a double click fixes this, but now it's just double replying
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Next

Return to Suggestions