Conquer Club

Anime Tourney Season 1 [Winner: killmanic]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Anime Tourney Season 1 Bracket Added

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:03 pm

sanosuke wrote:
kratos644 wrote:If 16 players join then there will be one bracket of 16 players and you will face everyone twice once on your home settings and once on theirs. The home player must join their home game before you do.

Anyone joining multiple home games against one person will be given a loss against that person for that game whether they win or not because it slows down my tournament so punishment is necessary.

Quoted from 1st page, Post #1 by Kratos... everyone will face eachother TWICE, once at home and once away...what you are supposed to do is join all of the games that are listed under your name in the first PM Kratos sent out (ie. I'm Sanosuke, so in that post all the games under Sanosuke Home are my home games...I join ALL of those first, then join ONE game for each other person).

Any questions? 8-)

Very well put Sanosuke thank you for clearing this up for everyone who does not understand. For anyone who still doesn't understand send me a pm and I'll clear things up for you.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby SkywardShadow on Sun May 18, 2008 1:08 pm

Kratos, I highly discourage you from penalizing players that joined the wrong games, as the organization was confusing, and you gave us all the games and passwords, with no good instructions in the pm, instead of putting a bit of time into sending us the games we should join.
Lieutenant SkywardShadow

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:09 pm

SkywardShadow wrote:
sanosuke wrote:Quoted from 1st page, Post #1 by Kratos... everyone will face eachother TWICE, once at home and once away...what you are supposed to do is join all of the games that are listed under your name in the first PM Kratos sent out (ie. I'm Sanosuke, so in that post all the games under Sanosuke Home are my home games...I join ALL of those first, then join ONE game for each other person).

Any questions? 8-)

That's what I needed, it was a bit confusing. kratos is putting a bit more of the organizing work on the players.

Sorry if this tournament is a little rough still around the edges I'm still learning. This is one of my first tournaments I've organized so things will be running smoother in the next tournaments because I'm learning from these first ones so bear with me through this one; it's not easy for me either. :)

Regards

Kratos644
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:16 pm

SkywardShadow wrote:Kratos, I highly discourage you from penalizing players that joined the wrong games, as the organization was confusing, and you gave us all the games and passwords, with no good instructions in the pm, instead of putting a bit of time into sending us the games we should join.

Do you realize the time it takes to make a game link for 240 games? If I took no time at all I would have just said search for the games and have fun. The reason for listing every game was so players could see which games they could join. I'm sorry but I stand by my original punishment. It's the only way to really make it stick in your head. I hope you can understand.

Regards

Kratos
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:18 pm

Also for anyone who needs extra home games created because someone joined extras just pm me and let me know. :)
Major kratos644

Postby SkywardShadow on Sun May 18, 2008 1:19 pm

Then I won't be joining your tournaments in the future. YOU made the choice to start a bunch of tournaments at the same time. If you aren't willing to put the work into them that they require, then you shouldn't be making tournaments, let alone a bunch at once.

YOU gave VERY bad instructions. You are then punishing the players. Shame on you.
Lieutenant SkywardShadow

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:40 pm

SkywardShadow wrote:Then I won't be joining your tournaments in the future. YOU made the choice to start a bunch of tournaments at the same time. If you aren't willing to put the work into them that they require, then you shouldn't be making tournaments, let alone a bunch at once.

YOU gave VERY bad instructions. You are then punishing the players. Shame on you.

The instructions were very bad because I sent out the game numbers with passwords? Look I will take some responsibility for this problem, but at the same time people need to learn how to pay attention and use common sense I will list a few reasons as to why.

1. I realize I didn't mention the punishment in the pm to everyone, but I did mention to people about letting the home player join first. Well I still had people joining before the home player. That falls into lack of attention.

2. The main post clearly says not once but twice to join your home games and one home game of all the other players. "If 16 players join then there will be one bracket of 16 players and you will face everyone twice. Once on your home settings and once on theirs. The home player must join their home game before you do." That was the first time here is the second. "Anyone joining multiple home games against one person will be given a loss against that person for that game whether they win or not because it slows down my tournament so punishment is necessary." Again lack of attention.

3. I sent out a list of 240games. Now think to yourself for a minute why would Kratos have me join 240 games? That sounds a bit ridiculous doesn't it. So instead of sending a pm to ask me about it if they don't understand, they join random games. This was a lack of common sense.

If everyone in the tournament had made this mistake then I would call my bad and just overlook it, but seeing as only two people made the mistake I feel that I should reward the players who payed attention and used common sense, but because this aggravates you so much and it is partly my fault as well I will revise the punishment to where if you win all of the extra home games you joined against the person you will still be awarded the win. Sounds fair right? I will also be sending a detailed pm to everyone in the tournament to make sure that they understand the rules thoroughly and for any players still violating the rules afterwards the original punishment stands. Fair enough right? I hope you agree.

Regards

Kratos
Major kratos644

Postby White Moose on Sun May 18, 2008 2:20 pm

I accually got to say a litle bit to this.

You complain about it taking time to do 240 games and send them out to each and every player. Welcome to tournament organizing.

But since this tournament is for freemiums aswell, then you don't have to do all games at the same time. You only have to make 8 games at the time, and then send out new games when those are completed.

I think the main reason many missed some essential information is becuase when people read a wall of text in a language which isn't their own then people miss some lines. I know i did, i accually missed 2 lines :P

Anyway, this is only your first tournament. So you will learn a lot after this experience.
Every tournament organizer has a messy tournament once i belive (I haven't yet though, but ive only done 3 so far :P), so perhaps it will work out great in your next tournament :D
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby White Moose on Sun May 18, 2008 2:25 pm

kratos644 (HOME) vs White Moose (Away)

Winner: White Moose

By mistake i joined 2 games, and i won both.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 2:35 pm

White Moose wrote:I accually got to say a litle bit to this.

You complain about it taking time to do 240 games and send them out to each and every player. Welcome to tournament organizing.

But since this tournament is for freemiums aswell, then you don't have to do all games at the same time. You only have to make 8 games at the time, and then send out new games when those are completed.

I think the main reason many missed some essential information is becuase when people read a wall of text in a language which isn't their own then people miss some lines. I know i did, i accually missed 2 lines :P

Anyway, this is only your first tournament. So you will learn a lot after this experience.
Every tournament organizer has a messy tournament once i belive (I haven't yet though, but ive only done 3 so far :P), so perhaps it will work out great in your next tournament :D

Yes I see what you mean considering I wrote it and I can get a little overwhelmed when I look at it even so in the future I will be dividing things up and making full use of the different colors and boldings and everything of the sort. Thanks for the input.

Regards

Kratos
Major kratos644

Postby SkywardShadow on Sun May 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Kratos, the ruling is good, and I'm sorry for being so harsh in my comments. We are here to have fun, and I let my annoyance get the better of me.

Were I in your shoes, in the PM I would have put the players name next to the opposing map they were supposed to play on. (or something similar) As it is right now, we all have to keep checking the players against their character name, to see if we've played them in a game yet. Having to continually do the "organizing" work that could have been handled simply by the organizer is what really annoyed me, and I have too many games going on at once to want to spend a lot of time following up on what player is which character that's joined this particular home game.

If you've played in any of Natewolfman's or Amazzony's tournaments, they do a superb job of PMing out games and details, and they're the reason I've decided to try organizing a single tournament of my own to test it out. If you aren't willing to put work into a tournament, there is a forum for posting ideas, and someone that is willing to put the time and effort in may pick up on it, as I did my Dojo Yarubi.

White Moose wrote:Welcome to tournament organizing.
Lieutenant SkywardShadow

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 pm

SkywardShadow wrote:Kratos, the ruling is good, and I'm sorry for being so harsh in my comments. We are here to have fun, and I let my annoyance get the better of me.

Were I in your shoes, in the PM I would have put the players name next to the opposing map they were supposed to play on. (or something similar) As it is right now, we all have to keep checking the players against their character name, to see if we've played them in a game yet. Having to continually do the "organizing" work that could have been handled simply by the organizer is what really annoyed me, and I have too many games going on at once to want to spend a lot of time following up on what player is which character that's joined this particular home game.

If you've played in any of Natewolfman's or Amazzony's tournaments, they do a superb job of PMing out games and details, and they're the reason I've decided to try organizing a single tournament of my own to test it out. If you aren't willing to put work into a tournament, there is a forum for posting ideas, and someone that is willing to put the time and effort in may pick up on it, as I did my Dojo Yarubi.

White Moose wrote:Welcome to tournament organizing.

No I don't blame you, my organization wasn't the greatest, but I've been gradually getting better every tournament which is the important part. In my last tournament I didn't even put links on the games and there were only 64 of them. Luckily that is a multiple round tournament so I will be able to redeem myself.

I will take all of this into consideration when I run my next tournaments. I hope you won't think not to join any of my future ones because of this little mishap because I have learned a lot from it and I know feel more confident about my tournament hosting abilities. Also I am more than willing to put in the time and work for the tournaments I just didn't realize exactly what that called for at first, but now thanks to all of this I believe I do. I think the reminder pm speaks for itself in saying I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Thanks for all the corrective criticism guys it's welcome and appreciated.

Regards

Kratos
Major kratos644

Postby killmanic on Sun May 18, 2008 7:32 pm

i win kratos twice (H+A) and fireedud (A), and havent lost any yet.
Colonel killmanic

Postby sanosuke on Sun May 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Sanosuke [away] beats SkywardShadow (5-4)
Sergeant sanosuke

Postby killmanic on Sun May 18, 2008 7:44 pm

i beat sanosuke (away) now 4-0
Colonel killmanic

Postby killmanic on Sun May 18, 2008 8:01 pm

beat juls (away) 5-0
Colonel killmanic

Postby sanosuke on Sun May 18, 2008 8:21 pm

Sanosuke [home] beats SkywardShadow (6-5)
Sergeant sanosuke

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 8:46 pm

killmanic wrote:beat juls (away) 5-0

Is your avatar of Lavitz from LoD
Major kratos644

Postby killmanic on Sun May 18, 2008 8:49 pm

No its prince albert his replacement. i figured it fit with my clan.
Colonel killmanic

Postby killmanic on Sun May 18, 2008 9:22 pm

beat sanosuke (home) 6-0
Colonel killmanic

Postby Juls on Sun May 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Juls beat Kwanton in both the home and away games
Major Juls

Postby killmanic on Sun May 18, 2008 10:07 pm

i beat kwanton (away) 7-0
Colonel killmanic

Postby sanosuke on Sun May 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Sanosuke [home] beats kwanton (7-7)
Sergeant sanosuke

Postby kratos644 on Sun May 18, 2008 10:09 pm

killmanic wrote:No its prince albert his replacement. i figured it fit with my clan.

Yeah I figured it was one of the two. I prefer Dart over Albert cause Albert's combos are a lot harder to pull off compared to Dart.
Major kratos644

Postby killmanic on Sun May 18, 2008 10:34 pm

i win against kwanton (home)

yeah well a fellow clan member already has dart as the red dragoon and his divine dragoon form doesnt look cool, but alberts does.
Colonel killmanic

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2008