I pick superwang
Corporal 1st Class harigeharry

Re: The Apprentice 1 – CC Style FULL

Postby Marky74 on Mon May 19, 2008 5:09 am

I pick blakebowling
Cook Marky74

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon May 19, 2008 11:43 am

Now that team picking is all finished, you need a name for the teams. You must all agree with the team name, and the discussing must be done by PM, or any other way except this thread. It'll be hard enough with two teams using one thread anyway. If that doesn't work, I'll think of another way ;).

Everyone must confirm the name of the team via PM by me so you send something along the lines of "I confirm the name "Place your Team Name Here"". I also don't care how lame the name may be, as long as everybody confirms it.

You all have 1 week so all PMs must be sent in by Monday, May 26, 2008.
Sergeant 1st Class dittoeevee8888

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon May 19, 2008 9:00 pm

We will also be picking team capitans (Project Managers) soon. If you want to be a PM, please PM me saying "I want to be a PM for my team". All people who want to be one, send me by a deadline, then if there is one, that is the PM, or we random.org it.

I will be sending a PM tomorrow or today, though likely tomorrow to inform you all who don't bother to read threads about this.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Only one player has sent back the PM at all. I'm taking note of this :shock:...

If nobody sends from the other team, I will choose via random.org.

I will give to the end of this day until I choose PMs.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Thu May 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Okay, Glenghis will be PM for Team 1, and since nobody sent in from Team 2, Luvr will be our other PM (courtesy of random.org).

So, here's Task 1:

How well can you beat the other team on the basic map? In the dark? With cards? No cards? How about the movements? Chained? Unlimited? What about your play order? Well we'll put your skills to the test with a partner!

Your job: To win your game for your team. Most wins per team will be spared from the boardroom.

PM's job: To match you with a partner and send correct game numbers and do this UNDER a deadline. I will think of you as irresponsible should you not do this. Everybody must only play ONE game. Putting more than one person per game, will get you in deep trouble, ESPECIALLY if the game starts. You also must make sure that you are playing against people of the opposite team, rather than people on the same team. Don't worry, I'll send how much people you need per game.

Should there be a tie, one more doubles games will be played out, with Classic, Doubles, Sequential, Escalating, Chained, Sunny.

There will be 4 games. Each game will be Doubles, and Classic, but others settings are subject to change.

Game 1: Classic, Doubles, Sequential, Escalating, Chained, Sunny
Game 2: Classic, Doubles, Freestyle, No Cards, Sunny
Game 3: Classic, Doubles, Freestyle, Escalating, Chained, Foggy
Game 4: Classic, Doubles, Sequential, No Cards, Foggy

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Thu May 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Luvr has dropped out of tourney. I am waiting on a reply from a reserve.

Postby Glenghis on Fri May 23, 2008 6:51 pm

I can't believe a player has dropped out because he has been picked as PM. Surely another player should be picked as PM so they can at least try and sort out their first task and then make any adjustments when reserve has been appointed. If not then I suggest they forfeit the first task :lol: . No but seriously. I am going on holiday in 7 days and will have to manage this game from an internet cafe but I will do it, as is my commitment to my team.
Private 1st Class Glenghis

Postby lagger-no-1 on Sat May 24, 2008 3:32 am

:lol: . No but seriously. I am going on holiday in 7 days and will have to manage this game from an internet cafe but I will do it, as is my commitment to my team.[/quote]

wtg Glenghis, thats what i call commitment, so glad I'm on your side! =D> =D>
Corporal 1st Class lagger-no-1

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon May 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Glenghis wrote:I can't believe a player has dropped out because he has been picked as PM. Surely another player should be picked as PM so they can at least try and sort out their first task and then make any adjustments when reserve has been appointed. If not then I suggest they forfeit the first task :lol: . No but seriously. I am going on holiday in 7 days and will have to manage this game from an internet cafe but I will do it, as is my commitment to my team.

Actually, Luvr did not drop out because of that. Supposedly, Luvr was job hunting and wanted to lower number of casual games. I think it is also because of that, but I am just assuming and don't know the real facts.

lagger-no-1 wrote:
Glenghis wrote::lol: . No but seriously. I am going on holiday in 7 days and will have to manage this game from an internet cafe but I will do it, as is my commitment to my team.

wtg Glenghis, thats what i call commitment, so glad I'm on your side! =D> =D>

And I'm glad for you commiting to this tourney. Now I don't have to find a replacement. Thanks!

And 3 games have started, the first game hasn't. Normally, I would be sending out a reminder, but I'm not responsibe for your team ;) Though I might remind the PM if I'm not too lazy to do so ;) or remember for that matter

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed May 28, 2008 7:28 pm

augie1234 has been kicked out of The Apprentice. Game 3 goes to Team 2.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Sat May 31, 2008 9:03 pm

Game 2 goes to Team 1. So far it is a tie 1-1 for amount of games won by each team.

EDIT: Game 2 actually goes to Team 2, because I forgot that I had Team one as first team on games 1 & 3, and 2nd team on Games 2 & 4, and mistakened it. So, it's 0-2 for Team 2. One more win will make Team 1 go to the boardroom.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Game 1 goes to team 1. So far, the score is 2-1 Team 2.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Game 4 went to Team 2. Team 2 wins this task, and is not going to face me in the boardroom.

Boardroom meeting will be after I send out a few PMs. Should be soon...probably starting in a week or so.

I will be sending out PMs, asking you among various questions, like how well did your teammate go along, any problems, etc. PMs will be having more difficult questions to answer...deadline will be given, not sending it in by the deadline will have serious concequences, especially if you are meeting me in the board room :evil:

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:15 pm

I have received answers from the following people:
risk-yall100-0
Glenghis
Kilazul
vampir2124
tabsnake
coded
killerkern
harigeharry
blakebowling
SuperWang
killmanic

Those of who haven't sent them in...better plan on doing so ASAP...deadline coming soon, Saturday I believe...PMs here have no responsiblity on whether or not you send it in, it is to your disadvantage if you don't, but your PMs will not be penalized...

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Okay...time for boardroom to begin...

Note that this would have started yesterday if I remembered and if the server didn't crash...

These are the people who didn't send the questions in:
Team 1:
brandoncfi
Drunk_Idiot

Team 2:
N/A

Also, PM of losing team should choose 2 other people to come and face my wrath.
HINT: Since you are interested in winning, you should choose people who you think were at fault for losing or you think would get fired over you for various reasons. You should argue that point.

Giving PM a day to pick (in post) before I bug him/her.

Postby Glenghis on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 am

I nominate:
blakebowling & marky74.

brandoncfi actually missed a turn as well as not answering the questions. I went as far as re-sending the questions to Drunk_Idiot as he told me they were accidentally deleted, then he didn't bother to answer them. blakebowling and marky74 only picked as I was required to pick 2 other players :? (and on paper they appear to be the weaker players).

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:50 pm

My bad i got the Pm with the questions on Saturday and in it it said next saturday so i was going to send them in this coming saturday...MY BAD...
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Glenghis wrote:I nominate:
blakebowling & marky74.

brandoncfi actually missed a turn as well as not answering the questions. I went as far as re-sending the questions to Drunk_Idiot as he told me they were accidentally deleted, then he didn't bother to answer them. blakebowling and marky74 only picked as I was required to pick 2 other players :? (and on paper they appear to be the weaker players).

You're free to pick the same players that haven't sent in the questions, I'm not stopping you. It's whoever you feel was the "weakest link" on your team, or who caused you to lose. You may change if you want to, but I'm not forcing you either.

Drunk_Idiot wrote:My bad i got the Pm with the questions on Saturday and in it it said next saturday so i was going to send them in this coming saturday...MY BAD...

Sorry if there was any confusions, will put proper date next time. Though next time, do it ASAP ;)

Postby Glenghis on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:31 am

dittoeevee8888 wrote:These are the people who didn't send the questions in:
Team 1:
brandoncfi
Drunk_Idiot

Oh, sorry, I misread the instruction. I read it as I had to nominate 2 extra players (as well as brandoncfi & Drunk_Idiot).

In keeping with the game rules & the fact that 2 players didn't actually complete a task I will change my nomination to these players. Therefore the players to join me will be:

brandoncfi
Drunk_Idiot

I apologise for any distress I may have caused to blakebowling & marky74.

Glenghis

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Glenghis wrote:
dittoeevee8888 wrote:These are the people who didn't send the questions in:
Team 1:
brandoncfi
Drunk_Idiot

Oh, sorry, I misread the instruction. I read it as I had to nominate 2 extra players (as well as brandoncfi & Drunk_Idiot).

In keeping with the game rules & the fact that 2 players didn't actually complete a task I will change my nomination to these players. Therefore the players to join me will be:

brandoncfi
Drunk_Idiot

I apologise for any distress I may have caused to blakebowling & marky74.

Glenghis

No problem. I can see my miswording, definately should have just said "two people" rather than two other people. Pming them...

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:12 pm

Ok here I am in the bored room...Fighting to save my life to advance to the next round..

Why should i stay? Well I have already proved to be an asset to my team. Other than turning in my questions on time. looks like i reverted back to my high school days by not turning in my home work on time. The game i was in went ok till round 1 where they were able to snag a bonus in the first round and we could not just break them.. My partner and I communicated through the game and I would not mind playing again with him in the next round. I tried to take a bonus just when we were getting ready to swing the game into our favor but i ran into some bad dice which sealed our fate...Our PM did a great job in talking to the team making sure everyone was in a position to win (except for putting me in the board room)....
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Drunk_Idiot wrote:Ok here I am in the bored room...Fighting to save my life to advance to the next round..

Why should i stay? Well I have already proved to be an asset to my team. Other than turning in my questions on time. looks like i reverted back to my high school days by not turning in my home work on time. The game i was in went ok till round 1 where they were able to snag a bonus in the first round and we could not just break them.. My partner and I communicated through the game and I would not mind playing again with him in the next round. I tried to take a bonus just when we were getting ready to swing the game into our favor but i ran into some bad dice which sealed our fate...Our PM did a great job in talking to the team making sure everyone was in a position to win (except for putting me in the board room)....

Okay, but who, if in my position, would you choose to leave, Glenghis or brandoncfi and why?

Also, this line just doesn't sound good to me "The game I was in went okay til round 1" though I can understand that annoying dice can screw you over.

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2009