Conquer Club

Godless Heathen's [Social] [Recruitment] Thread

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Godless Heathen's [Social] [Recruitment] Thread

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri May 23, 2008 6:04 pm

I am brand new here; so I do not know exactly how this works, but can I get a new clan? I saw the Jesus Freaks, but nothing for any other religion. Is there even any interest in clans for any other religions? I believe that it would make for some fun map wars too. Provided rivalries don't get out of hand.

I am an Atheist, and would like to see a clan of the same name. But! I would be happy to see any change. An army of Islam or anything. Is there any support for something like this?

If you have any interest in joining an Atheist's clan, please let me know.

-Juan Bottom

EDIT: MeDeFe is the new leader of The Godless Heathens. All inqueries should be direct to him! :P
Last edited by Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Re: Athiests!?!

Postby SlayerQC on Fri May 23, 2008 11:21 pm

<<<--- Atheist with some agnostic.

But knowing believers, such a clan would be picked on and on and on and on and it would only turn into arguments after arguments after arguments.
And I sure dont want to argue with one sided people.Im here to play.
Sergeant 1st Class SlayerQC

Re: Atheists!?!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat May 24, 2008 3:21 am

SlayerQC,

You're such a defeatist. I'm sorry that people pick on you. And that your fear of the mob makes you want to isolate yourself. But don't you come here and fire the first shot.

Though I don't agree with anyones deity-riffic veiws per say, neither do I hold it against them. And so far, they have shown respect in kind.

However, thank you for your post.
And whats with the agnostics? Pick a side already. : )

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat May 24, 2008 6:48 am

I honestly don't see the point of an atheist-usergroup. Are we gonna talk all day about how to interpret our holy books? Or post a verse of scripture each week were people can get inspiration from?

Bitch about believers all day?

For discussion you can always go into the Off-topic forum.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Mon May 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Atheists can speak of their belief in nothing. Therefore there could be some good discussions within the group. As far as the formation of other religious groups and forming clan wars, the JFC is very unlikely to participate in any of those for the fear of greater hatred & conflict.
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon May 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Thank-you Caleb the Cruel.

Honestly though I don't believe we would have to talk about anything really. And for the most part, I am really suprised that there is no support for ANY other religion to band together. Congrats to my Christian brothers. Also Mr. Caleb, are you aware that your clan name is Caleb the Cruel Jesus Freak? That's just funny to me.

Postby Timminz on Mon May 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:I honestly don't see the point of an atheist-usergroup. Are we gonna talk all day about how to interpret our holy books? Or post a verse of scripture each week were people can get inspiration from?

Bitch about believers all day?

For discussion you can always go into the Off-topic forum.

Generation One doesn't spend all our time discussing the Transformers. Why would an Atheist clan need to discuss atheism constantly? Also, the off-topic forum doesn't have much decent discussion (at least not for me). It seems to be nothing (well, almost nothing) other than atheists and evangelicals arguing over things that they will never resolve. My point is that if this guy wants to start a clan, or a usergroup, more power to him.
Captain Timminz

Postby Smokingdude420 on Mon May 26, 2008 9:02 pm

I agree with you other religions beside christians should make clans but i also agree that these one way minded christians would do nothing but talk crap and talk down to everyone just because there not sheep and get sucked into a religion without even understanding there religion but join just because everyone else is :lol: but to bad i honestly doubt that theres enough pagans here so we can make a clan but good luck trying to get an atheists clan
Cadet Smokingdude420

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon May 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Timminz wrote: Also, the off-topic forum doesn't have much decent discussion (at least not for me). It seems to be nothing (well, almost nothing) other than atheists and evangelicals arguing over things that they will never resolve.

You forget liberals and conservatives arguing over things they will never resolve.
My point is that if this guy wants to start a clan, or a usergroup, more power to him.

Word. I'm willing to join.

Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Timminz on Tue May 27, 2008 2:03 am

Snorri1234 wrote:
Timminz wrote: Also, the off-topic forum doesn't have much decent discussion (at least not for me). It seems to be nothing (well, almost nothing) other than atheists and evangelicals arguing over things that they will never resolve.

You forget liberals and conservatives arguing over things they will never resolve.

True, but I don't spend much time there, and it seems like the same people are on the same sides no matter whether it's religious or otherwise.
Captain Timminz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue May 27, 2008 2:42 am

Thank-you Timminz,

And thank-you to those who would be supporters. There are 4 confirmed Atheists who have posted here. Only two in full support (Smokingdude420?, are you #3?). You know that there are more, only they are mostly just harrassing the Christians for fun. Thirty percent of Americans are Atheist or Agnostic. But no agnostics please, because they are Atheists without balls.

Postby nesterdude on Tue May 27, 2008 8:46 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Thank-you Timminz,

And thank-you to those who would be supporters. There are 4 confirmed Atheists who have posted here. Only two in full support (Smokingdude420?, are you #3?). You know that there are more, only they are mostly just harrassing the Christians for fun. Thirty percent of Americans are Atheist or Agnostic. But no agnostics please, because they are Atheists without balls.

/misinformed
High: 08 Dec. 08; Pts: 3141 Ranking: 57 Rank: Brig
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue May 27, 2008 9:54 am

Timminz wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:

True, but I don't spend much time there, and it seems like the same people are on the same sides no matter whether it's religious or otherwise.

Except for bradley and player, you're right.

Private Snorri1234

Postby Timminz on Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Thank-you Timminz,
...are you #3?...

No, sorry. I'm just supporting you verbally.
Captain Timminz

Postby Natewolfman on Tue May 27, 2008 2:42 pm

i support your clan *shrugs* why not aye? i wouldnt join do to my current clan is enough for me :lol: but still, if you wana make an atheist clan go for it =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby SlayerQC on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:SlayerQC,

You're such a defeatist. I'm sorry that people pick on you. And that your fear of the mob makes you want to isolate yourself. But don't you come here and fire the first shot.

First post after mine proved me right.

Btw, where did I say I WAS picked on?
I said the clan would...

Defeatist? I dont think so, but I do know that, "this board game" and conquer club sure isnt a place where I would want to team up about religious beliefs.The site was made to play a game.
Also, perhaps you should check what agnostism means as it is pretty much the same as atheism unless you are like the believers and are close/single-minded as well.
Atheists and believers both think THEY know if there IS or ISN'T an existing god.
Humans are so smart that they comprehend the whole universe and everything that it is, right?

Check that link for a overall definition of an agnostic:
http://arts.cuhk.edu.hk/humftp/E-text/R ... nostic.htm
If this link isnt enough for you, there is plenty to read other places.
Sergeant 1st Class SlayerQC

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:46 pm

I made that Agnostic comment to call them out. Then I thought I could get them to join :P . I don't have any real beef with Agnostics. And they really didn't seem to care. So it didn't work :x .

But at the same time, when you consider where the CONCEPT of a god came from........
It is very easy to be single-minded.

Also, SLAYERQC, I did not want to attack you. But I felt that I had to protect my post before a Christian or two or twenty came in here and fired back. Atheist policing Atheist seemed the safest route.

Postby Snorri1234 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:14 pm

SlayerQC wrote:Also, perhaps you should check what agnostism means as it is pretty much the same as atheism unless you are like the believers and are close/single-minded as well.
Atheists and believers both think THEY know if there IS or ISN'T an existing god.
Humans are so smart that they comprehend the whole universe and everything that it is, right?

Check that link for a overall definition of an agnostic:
http://arts.cuhk.edu.hk/humftp/E-text/R ... nostic.htm
If this link isnt enough for you, there is plenty to read other places.

Maybe you should check Casual chat and see how wrong you are. =)

Private Snorri1234

Postby Visaoni on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Eh, I would not say that Agnostics are Atheists without balls. Any Atheist should be able to admit they could be wrong. I am. I'm 99.9% sure there is no God or any such thing, but I don't know for sure. An Atheist who is unwilling to admit there could (however unlikely) be a God of some sort or another is just as bad as the hardliner Christian who debates between homicide and conversion when they hear somebody is an Atheist. And yes, that last part was a joke - you all know what I mean. Anyway, back to Agnostics. Not being one, I can't really claim to be an expert. But at any rate I think of it as a transitional period between Religion and Atheism. They aren't ready to think any religion is right, but neither are they willing to say that there is no sort of god.

Oh, and about the 30% of Americans are Atheists or Agnostics. I personally doubt that is a fact. However I do know that all the studies done on comparing IQ and education to believe in religion have found it be to negatively correlated.

To prevent thread hijacking... I would support such a clan. I probably wouldn't join just because I'm honestly not very active anymore. Although if that didn't matter, well, I probably would just because we have the Jesus Freaks. If they have a clan, why not us too? :D And I would love to see some clan vs clan games between the two. All in good fun of course, without bringing religion (or the lack of) into it. Think of it as a good natured rivalry. At first things might need to be policed a bit, but as time went on I'm sure it would turn into a not really competitive competition full of good natured bantering. I think it could be a lot of fun.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Fair enough.

I am seeing a pattern though, every supports this noble idea, but no one will join. Am I doomed to fail?

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:Word. I'm willing to join.

Private Snorri1234

Postby ephisia on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:03 pm

I fully support an athiest clan (but cannot join it, for I am a Christian)... although I am not a member of the Jesus-freak clan, or any other, I think that a clan linking the beliefs and views of like-minded people should always be welcome ... Although I disagree with athiesm, I respect anyone who is an athiest... but, this is the big but, they have to know why they believe it, and it has to make them a better person for it. (PS, I hold this same view for Christians, I cannot easily respect people who believe something without any thought involved...)

So, Juan_Bottom.... you have my support in this clan :)
Corporal 1st Class ephisia

Location: If lifes a one way road, I still sometimes get lost...

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Thanks Eph,......

You are like a close(not just as in my neighbor, but also as in I talk to you every day, and often we hang out) cousin to me.

I support you doing stuff too. :D

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:56 am

ephisia wrote:I fully support an athiest clan (but cannot join it, for I am a Christian)... although I am not a member of the Jesus-freak clan, or any other, I think that a clan linking the beliefs and views of like-minded people should always be welcome ... Although I disagree with athiesm, I respect anyone who is an athiest... but, this is the big but, they have to know why they believe it, and it has to make them a better person for it. (PS, I hold this same view for Christians, I cannot easily respect people who believe something without any thought involved...)

So, Juan_Bottom.... you have my support in this clan :)

It's "atheist".

Private Snorri1234

Postby Ditocoaf on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Fair enough.

I am seeing a pattern though, every supports this noble idea, but no one will join. Am I doomed to fail?

well, I'll break the pattern by (half-heartedly) not supporting the idea.

Things like "Atheist Clubs" kind of irk me... simply because they tend to compartmentalize atheists as just another belief system. I would like it to be more the absence of "faith", but unfortunately most Atheists like to see science as an alternative to religion, as opposed to just the absence of it. This is one reason I tend to refer to myself as an "agnostic"... not because I half-believe in a god, but because I feel it separates me even further from religion than atheism does.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Next

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup