Conquer Club

Allow Unlimited Games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Allow Unlimited Games

Postby Itrade on Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:31 am

Why do we only have a max of 10 games at a time? I think we should have as many as we can be active in. I figure that the more games I'm in the bigger the chance of me having a turn when I check up on the site.

So yeah,
Itrade.
Sergeant Itrade

Postby Charbroil on Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:57 pm

Agreed.
Private Charbroil

Postby Evil Pope on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:02 pm

makes sense..
Sergeant Evil Pope

Postby Spartacus on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:55 pm

I thiink you should have a limit of 7 or even 5 !!!
Whatcha lookin' at sonny, ain't you ever seen an ol' biatch before!!! :shock:
Cadet Spartacus

Postby Charbroil on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:23 am

Another idea would be to take armies off your list once you lose or surrender, since it really doesn't make any sense to keep them. On games w/ 5 or 6 players, that game could linger for a very long time before disappearing.

Just a thought.
Private Charbroil

Postby lackattack on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm sorry to dissapoint you guys (except for Spartacus who will love it) but I just lowered the maximum to 5 games.

Bandwith and diskspace use is growing exponentially, and I need to buy time to figure out a better webhosting solution without closing the door to new players.

Don't worry, I'll find a way to have unlimited games, but for now I have to focus on other improvements.

Besides, if you play too many games, you'll get sick of Conquer Club :cry:
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Itrade on Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:39 am

lackattack wrote:I'm sorry to dissapoint you guys (except for Spartacus who will love it) but I just lowered the maximum to 5 games.

Bandwith and diskspace use is growing exponentially, and I need to buy time to figure out a better webhosting solution without closing the door to new players.

Don't worry, I'll find a way to have unlimited games, but for now I have to focus on other improvements.

There's no such thing as too much of a good thing. I mean who doesn't want to take over the world several times a day?
Sergeant Itrade

Postby molestar on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:02 pm

we are all like that fat kid in willy wonka... give us more conquer club
Sergeant 1st Class molestar

Postby Charbroil on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Would taking the games you've lost off of your active list help?
Private Charbroil

Postby lackattack on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:18 pm

Charbroil wrote:Would taking the games you've lost off of your active list help?

Not really. It's the game log that hogs disk space and the game screen that hogs bandwith.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Itrade on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:59 am

lackattack wrote:I'm sorry to dissapoint you guys (except for Spartacus who will love it) but I just lowered the maximum to 5 games.

Perhaps you should find a better way of showing where troops are instead of having a new picture imposed over the map each time, or is that impossible?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Lack, how are you paying for the site ATM? I can't find any ads or premium sections on the site. It's the best risk site out there (The rest have army limits in a country or require you to play your turn in a minute or something) and I think it's gonna get much more popular very fast.
Sergeant Itrade

Postby Charbroil on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:44 am

Well, there is that one thing for slashdot.org on the first page, but I'm not sure if it's an ad.
Private Charbroil

Postby spaCeKraft on Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:17 pm

who the hell needs to play more than 10 games at once? has conquerclub become a full time job for you?
Cadet spaCeKraft

Postby Itrade on Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:33 pm

spaCeKraft wrote:who the hell needs to play more than 10 games at once? has conquerclub become a full time job for you?

The more games I have the shorter the wait between turns will be and the more conquer club I can have. I love Risk. Plus at the moment I'm only mildly flooded with schoolwork so I can put my mind on other things.
Image My set is a bone coat-of-arms and chandelier! How cool is that?
Sergeant Itrade

Postby Risk_06 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:49 pm

*strolls in*

Hear, hear! :D
Corporal 1st Class Risk_06

hmmm....limitless may be doom

Postby tomtorresson on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:51 pm

Not even sure how Risk came up...let alone the concept of non-bong / non-3am online Risk.

You folks are brilliant.

I look forward to conquering all....but I am already checking in to see if it's my turn on five games WAY more than I should be.
Sergeant tomtorresson

Postby BabyBudda on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:29 pm

It's not a problem... it's a healthy obsetion.... :roll: ..... :lol: :?:
Private 1st Class BabyBudda

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:56 am

It's spelled obsession... Sorry, grammar police gotta reprazent.

And smilies sure are fun, aren't they? :shock:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

how long are we looking at ?

Postby joetalk on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:53 pm

being new to online risk playing I dont have any other experiences to compare to, but this site is by far the best way to kill time I've seen in a long time.
I can understand the problem with bandwidth and scuzzy space, but there has got to be a better way, the first thing I noticed was that when removed from a game or surrendering from a game that was sitting for days with no motion i found myself still limited to 5 (including these games) and with some player not moving for 24hrs its taking two or three days between turns.
I would not want to limit new player but this is defintley lowering the quality of my experience!
I trust that what can be done is and wish addmin all the best in there pursuit to make our experiences better.
Joetalk OUT[/quote]
Cook joetalk

Postby lackattack on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi joetalk,

Conquer Club games are generally slow paced and 1 turn a day is normal. But there is a problem with new players not taking their turns and making everybody wait. If you get stuck with deadbeats, don't surrender. Just be patient and they will be automatically eliminated (currently after missing 4 turns).

P.S. I was once driving towards Whitehorse. Passed Carcross and emerald lake, but I didn't have enough time and had to head back :(
Sergeant lackattack

now thats more reasonable

Postby joetalk on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 pm

thanks for the reply, its nice to see admin so involved, i really apreaciat the heads up.
I'm used to slow games but when 2 out of 4 players arent playing it sure makes thing a drag.
I'll be tuffin it out as of now, now that i know there is hope for some type of game
thanks again
Joetalk OUT
Cook joetalk

Return to Archived Suggestions