Conquer Club

[Rules] Kick Players Out for Missing Three Turns Total

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Rules] Kick Players Out for Missing Three Turns Total

Postby Ereandil on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:07 am

[MOD EDIT: Several users have suggested that the limit on amount of missed turns be applied even if the misses are nonsequential. Because this would create a problem for the games that can go dozens or even hundreds of rounds, this suggestion has been REJECTED.

For other missed turn suggestions, see here.

If you see any suggestions that should be merged here, please post here or inform a moderator. Thank you. --agentcom]

I am thinking that the policy is 3 missed in a row is what gets a player booted. It just needs to be three turns whether consecutive or not.

I am in a game where the player missed two turns played one got a bunch of armies dumped them on a country. He then missed his next round. He was still an active player with one fat country and no cards. Who wants to take a fat and useless country (at this point in the game) in asia.

What a long ass and hence dumbass game it has made it. Someone had to go out of there way to wipe him out. So we can get the game actually moving.

Three strikes and your out.

I say we start a deadbeat bracket. you mess up so many games and all you can do is play with other deadbeats. Conquer Club purgetory. Gotta to win games to get out. It is like your good deads back to the promised land of Conquer Club.

Or you get an * next to your name. You are marked. You become the scarlet letter so people know what they are expecting when they join a game with you.

The Conquer Club * colony. That is what it would be.

But who really gives a shit cause we are just taking over let screens on a computer. the * really are the healthy ones. But all the addicts bitch about them. That is the way it goes in real life too.
Last edited by JamesKer1 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: changed title and added introduction
Sergeant 1st Class Ereandil

THE BLACK SPOT!!!

Postby thegrimsleeper on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:38 pm

Instead of a ? or one stripe, once a player deadbeats 3 games, they receive The Black Spot, scourge of the Pirate Hoard.

Arrrrrr! :twisted:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Auto-Kick When Missed Turns Are Not Consecutive *Rejected*

Postby Scorba on Wed May 17, 2006 9:48 am

**There Are Other Ways To Solve This Problem That Are On The To-Do List**

I'd like to see the kick out rule changed so that if you miss 3 turns in a game you are kicked out, I couldn't give a toss whether they're in a row or not. People who only take one turn in two or three are hugely annoying and slow the game down to a crawl.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby jamie_hayes on Wed May 17, 2006 11:27 am

I agree and annoying dosent come close to how i feel when it happens
Private 1st Class jamie_hayes

Postby HighBorn on Wed May 17, 2006 11:28 am

its realy sad that u can use missing a turn as a tactical advantage....
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby Patroclus on Wed May 17, 2006 8:28 pm

Just cut out the double armies for missing a turn.

I know, Lack, you had a reason for it, and it was well stated. Maybe allow it ONE time for a newbie with a PM sent to them regarding the measure.

I'm sure the members that use the missed turn as a tactic would not be fouling others game with than move after it was denied them.
The ground was rushing up at me. It had been one heck of a ride. And suddenly I wondered………

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

Postby Hoff on Wed May 17, 2006 10:33 pm

Wait, i thought if you missed three turns in a game you got kicked out? It has to be three missed turns in a row to get kicked?
Sergeant Hoff

Postby fluffybunnykins on Thu May 18, 2006 10:22 am

good call patroclus
Superman wears 'Fluffybunnykins' pyjamas
Corporal 1st Class fluffybunnykins

Postby ekiss on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:04 am

Why not have a gameoption for how many turns to be allowed before being kicked out, for example i,2,3. Then nobody would suffer all the deadbeats!! and everybody would get happy!:)
Sergeant 1st Class ekiss

Postby Wisse on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:13 am

i hate it... all my 4 games have players in it that miss turns (and some does play sometime...)
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Megatron on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01 am

i'm in a game i joined on October 4th, still going because everyone keeps missing turns (everyone except me)
Lieutenant Megatron

Postby Megatron on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:04 am

and i think this has been said a hundred times now how people who miss turns should not get doubled or tripled armies and that there should be no more 3 total missed turns in a game. and they made a thread to try to combine these arguments. I just wish they would actually do something about it, it's obvious that this bothers most honorable players and causes quite an arguement in the forum every week.
Lieutenant Megatron

Postby moz976 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:39 pm

We are working on this but there are a lot of options that have to be weighed and different angles to look at. That's why discussing it is nice we can find out what will work and what won't. Don't think we aren't working on it. We know its frustrating and we are working on it. :)
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby Megatron on Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:42 pm

I just realized my last post came off a little abrasive, although, I do appreciate the nice response.

Thank you moz
Lieutenant Megatron

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:57 pm

i am fine with the double bonus armies for missed turns. I and many others here have very busy schedules when it comes to school and homework. many of us dont get our turns in because we:

1. were sick/asleep
2. had too much homework
3. too much school
4 too much after school activities
5. bad memory
6. internet being down for days at a time.
(all of those are my problems sometimes, and im sure it applies to many others here as well)

and besides, turn skipping is generally used as a strategy only in no card games. this is because skipping a turn wont cause you to not get a card. if you dont like turn skipping, dont play no card games. i have never had a problem with people skipping turns because i play flat rate and escalating only.

and also, in those really long games that go on for weeks at a time, missing 3 turns is not uncommon for people with busy schedules. people in long games would start beign kicked out left and right if it was 3 turns missed=kicked from the game.

i think that it should switch to 2 turns in a row=kicked out, but i dont like having a rule that 3 turns missed anytime would mean getting kicked out of a game you couldnt help missing a turn or two in. :wink:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby DAZMCFC on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:14 pm

:twisted: you can`t not allow the multiply rule because if someones server is down they can`t get on the site for at least a day this happened to me just the other day on the games i missed a turn i apologised.
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby strike wolf on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:39 pm

Patroclus wrote:Just cut out the double armies for missing a turn.

I know, Lack, you had a reason for it, and it was well stated. Maybe allow it ONE time for a newbie with a PM sent to them regarding the measure.

I'm sure the members that use the missed turn as a tactic would not be fouling others game with than move after it was denied them.

Yeah, I hate that. Luckily I've rarely had to play someone who was able to use it as a tactical advantage and in some cases it has left the person all but defenseless.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby LazarusLong on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:31 pm

What if the armies from the missed turns get spread out evenly over all teritories for that person. They only get to place the armies for their current turn.

Most of the problem is not knowing where to defend against a double or triple deployment.

I think this would eliminate most of the tactical advantage of missing a turn.
Brigadier LazarusLong

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:34 pm

Thats the best idea I have heard.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby tagno25 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:42 pm

DAZMCFC wrote::twisted: you can`t not allow the multiply rule because if someones server is down they can`t get on the site for at least a day this happened to me just the other day on the games i missed a turn i apologised.

What you said make litle to no sense you say to allow it("can`t not allow" dubble neg)
Also if YOUR server is down it has nothing to do with your gameplay.
Definition of server on the Web according to Google wrote:A process that runs on a host that relays information to a client upon the client sending it a request. Servers come in many forms: application servers, web servers, database servers, and so forth.

This was typed on a client!
Private tagno25

sr

Postby dugcarr1 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:55 am

if you cant handle taking a 2 minute turn in 24 yours for a game you signed up to play ( in wich u have a responsibilty to other players) then maybe obviously you cant handle a double or triple bonus, that will only f*ck one of the other other players because they asume your deadbeating, and u smash them with 15 men outa nowere insted of the 5 they could predict.

so the player that neglected his responsibility to take a turn holding up the game gets the triple reward and the honest quickplayer gets it in the ass?

this is like the imagration isues in the US.

(missing turns===illegal alains)

( honest players=== taxpayers getting screwed outa jobs and taxes)

please quit being stuborn staff, u do a good job for the most part,,, but for some reason u keep this double bonus crap. but in reality you should realize this is bigest problem on site. TAKE A VOTE IF U DONT BELEIVE ME!

or at least poll PAYING PLAYERS in wich keep this site running.

maybe pospone your 29th shitty map and not only respond but FIX the sites #1 problem.
Captain dugcarr1

Postby ekiss on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:10 am

totally agree with you regarding the gameplay!

about the rest I think you´re totally lost and it makes me sad to read people with such prejudices! and by the way, I don´t see where and how (rasist!?) politics belong in this thread...!?

also, I really do appreciate the staff for this site. they make hell of a good job!

/peace
Sergeant 1st Class ekiss

Postby MTA-M on Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:25 pm

LazarusLong wrote:What if the armies from the missed turns get spread out evenly over all teritories for that person. They only get to place the armies for their current turn.

Most of the problem is not knowing where to defend against a double or triple deployment.

Or just randomly placed on 1 of his territories. So you can at least see where the armies are and where you have to defend.
Corporal 1st Class MTA-M

Postby LazarusLong on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:01 pm

MTA-M wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:What if the armies from the missed turns get spread out evenly over all teritories for that person. They only get to place the armies for their current turn.

Or just randomly placed on 1 of his territories. So you can at least see where the armies are and where you have to defend.

I don't like the idea of all of them going in one place because they could get lucky and have them go in a good place. Then again you would be able to see this and react. I like the idea very much of them being placed when the turn is skipped. It also has the advantage for that player that they get credit for a continent if it is then later broken before they play.

I think this is a fair compromise between rewarding a person who misses by accident and taking away the tactical advantage of being able to place double or triple the armies in one turn.

I still would prefer spreading them out evenly over all in one place but it has different implications based on the type of fortification.
Brigadier LazarusLong

Three strikes and out! *Rejected*

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:19 am

Insead of allowing people to miss two turns on purpose then play, miss two turns on purpose then play, draging out games unneccassarily (which i was in game a while where both other players did this) why not 3 misses and you are out? It would stop this abuse of the system and prevent players from taking advantage of this.
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Next

Return to Suggestions