Conquer Club

Gender [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Gender

Postby Hrvat on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 am

hulmey wrote:i think all the women should have a pic of themselves in their avatar in their bikini's

Naked
:lol:
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby KLOBBER on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 am

Ditocoaf wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:Thank you, Twill. I do appreciate your help.
Your 1 gold medal....

Thank you for your opinion, private.

Your math is off, though; I have three medals.

How many do you have? I can't seem to find an exact number on your post.
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
Private 1st Class KLOBBER

Postby jiminski on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 am

Back to thread (As Twill is having a sense of humour failure ;) ) ...... is this really a serious suggestion?

What most ladies tend to do (subconsciously or not .. i am not sure) is put a picture of a lady; themselves or cartoon in their Avi.

This can be misleading and you need to get the picture right .. I did refer to Amazzony as 'mate' some weeks ago, partly because she was organising a tourney (sorry stereotypes die hard!) and partly because her avatar, though patently of a female, is subtly feminine and quite dark.. (too subtle for this old misogynist!)

And i also thought Zimmah was a girl due to the picture of his girlfriend.. not an idiot-proof system i admit!

but i think the depiction of Gender has to be down to choice and implied rather than stated!
Captain jiminski

Postby bassl on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:53 am

wcaclimbing wrote:Girls on the internet? Impossible.

j/k...
It wouldn't help to have that info on your profile page, cause people don't ususally look at that page.
What would work the best is if you wore a pic of a girl (maybe you) as your avatar. Then people can figure it out more easily.

Lol...I have recently put up a female avatar so we'll see if that helps at all. You're right though, I have never really looked at other players profiles so it would be kinda pointless.
Cook bassl

Postby bassl on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:59 am

KLOBBER wrote:Why would you want anyone to know you're not a guy? That's the kind of information that's best kept to yourself.

Because the male gender isn't the only one that knows how to play the game and we'd like a little credit too.
Cook bassl

Postby kletka on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:00 am

yeti_c wrote:
kletka wrote:self-aware computers that will eventually be joining this site in large numbers ;)

You think we're not already here?

C.

Banzai, I always knew that!!

Hence, instead of gender there should be a place for a title like Mrs., Ms, Dr, Herr Doktor Professor, or like me
Sir Andrew Aguecheek of Middlesex :ugeek:
Learning the force to control the dice (highest ever score: 3128, highest ever rank: 40)
Major kletka

Postby kletka on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:03 am

Hrvat wrote:Naked
:lol:

Are your reall that desperate to see Klobber naked, pervert :?:
Learning the force to control the dice (highest ever score: 3128, highest ever rank: 40)
Major kletka

Postby bassl on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:16 am

I suppose it doesn't really matter. Like I said in the first post now that feedback is gone I don't think it will be as big of a deal.

Just thought the female gender should get a little credit where credit is due. Don't want all those gender confused people to be more confused now do we? Just a thought.
Cook bassl

Postby tzor on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:24 am

KLOBBER wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:Thank you, Twill. I do appreciate your help.
Your 1 gold medal....

He is correct. You have one gold medal. The other two medals are silver and bronze.
Cadet tzor

Postby jiminski on Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:24 pm

tzor wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:Your 1 gold medal....

He is correct. You have one gold medal. The other two medals are silver and bronze.

well he does have you there Klobby!

now back onto thread.. either this was a sign of insufficient Mathematical acumen, or it is a sign of an inherent lack of linguistic comprehension.

Take your pick... traditionally it has been perceived that there is a gender based biological predisposition: with greater spatial skills favouring boys mathematically and girls having more skill in language and writing.

However, though this general dichotomy of gender aptitude may be provable empirically, it may simply be due to social exposure and have no basis in biological limitation.

To cut a long story short: because Klobber was not allowed to experiment with Lego as a little girl, she can not add up.

But again i reiterate, in my opinion, it is not necessary to be made totally aware of peoples gender, half the fun is not really knowing and trying to guess using similar stereotypes to those illustrated above ;)
Captain jiminski

Postby xeno on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:38 am

If you're good at risk then you're a guy. If you're a cook then you're a woman cuz they're used to bein in the kitchen. No need for gender.
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:06 pm

jiminski wrote:To cut a long story short: because Klobber was not allowed to experiment with Lego as a little girl, she can not add up.

Yes, let's all buy our girls (and boys) Legos !!! and blocks!!!

oh, and let's not forget music...
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby cicero on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm

I think we're far enough off topic now guys ...

If you'd like to continue the Gender related discussion can I ask that you start a new thread in Chatter Box.

Any further posts here, in Suggestions & Bug Reports, should relate directly and constructively to the suggestion at hand.

Thanks

Cicero
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby White Moose on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:03 pm

This idea is quite neat.

As already stated it should be a CHOICE to show/hide your gender.

You could have the choice of adding your gender in a tiny box:

Male / Female

and then then another box:

Show / Hide

You could also add a "Not specified" in the first box i mentioned.

There is one thing though..
What diffrens would it make to know the gender of the players?
Personally i wouldn't really mind it that much, though it would be quite nice to have it.

There is a problem with this aswell.
It's probably not that common.. but there has always been sexuall harassments in the world, so if you add genders here. then there MIGHT be some problems with this.
I'm not saying it WILL come, just that i MIGHT come. Though personally i haven't seen anything of it on this site.

Anyway, just my thoughts about this.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby lancehoch on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:04 pm

You would actually only need one line with three boxes: hide, male, female
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Juls on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:18 pm

I prefer not to have it listed, it is something people find out during good game chat. If it is listed, some guys can't stop with the chick
pick up lines, when I prefer a slightly more adult conversation. Or at least to not be targetted in the chat by adolscent boys, or men with the same
maturity level. Anyone who reads my wall can find out I am female, but it requires a little bit more effort.
If you have the option, male, female, hide, then I think hide will also start comments. Not that I can't handle it, and sometimes it is
pretty funny, but sometimes it gets old.

But I won't lose any sleep over it either way.
Major Juls

Postby demon7896 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:04 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:I find it funny ... particularly since my job description is "mom". I can instantly tell who has and hasn't read my profile.

woah. ur a girl???

i seriously never knew that. if their avatar isn't a pic of a girl, i always think its a guy... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY ENEMIES...
CAUSE I SURE AS HELL WON'T!
Private demon7896

Postby Ditocoaf on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:11 am

The lesson here is clear: if you don't want to be referred to as "he", have one of the following three words in your username:

girl
princess
grl

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:53 am

Genders, as well as birthdays have been added this morning. :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84452
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby bbqpenguin on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 pm

since your gender shouldn't really matter (either you're a human being, or you're not) i don't see why this should be put in. gender is mostly is social creation anyway and isn't any more relevant than race, hair color, number of toes you have, etc.

but alas, is see my argument is too late...
Sergeant 1st Class bbqpenguin

Postby happy2seeyou on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:24 pm

I bet some people are going to lie on theirs. I'm going to go look at roncs to make sure she picked the correct box.
Captain happy2seeyou

Re: Gender [Done]

Postby richardgarr on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Since people are so concerned about gender, and whether or not some one is a boy or a girl, i suppose someone needs to point out that there is a third gender that should be represented as well.
Transgender is also a valid option, and I am surprised no one has mentioned this.

I personally have many friends who wouldn't classify themselves as male or female, and prefer to be identified as TG. So by limiting the options to M or F you are discriminating against the 3rd sex. Which by the way, is recognized by the government, and is more common then most people know.

I suggest that you recognize the TG community , and give people the option to choose a M, F or TG .

Sincerely; Richardgarr
:D :D 8-)
Sergeant richardgarr

Re: Gender [Done]

Postby spiesr on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 pm

There are 3 options. Male Female or Undisclosed. Transgenders may pick whichever they feel best describes them.
Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions