Conquer Club

[09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Postby bayou on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:27 am

suggs wrote:I'm just thinking aloud here, so apologies if this a bit confused.
But are the Mods monitoring the new system, how much it is used etc
I am dishing out ratings pretty much for the hell of it.
But I just hope the MOds don;t come back in a few weeks time, and say "wow, look how many ratings have been left for people, its a success" when in reality its just the only form of "feedback" available.

Should we boycott leaving ratings?

There is a medal for leaving ratings so I suppose that is supposed to be an "incentive".
Private bayou

Postby jiminski on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:36 pm

suggs wrote:I'm just thinking aloud here, so apologies if this a bit confused.
But are the Mods monitoring the new system, how much it is used etc
I am dishing out ratings pretty much for the hell of it.
But I just hope the MOds don;t come back in a few weeks time, and say "wow, look how many ratings have been left for people, its a success" when in reality its just the only form of "feedback" available.

Should we boycott leaving ratings?

Boycotted it long ago brother Sugg.
Captain jiminski

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:41 pm

Stop the boycotts! Stop the ranting! Stop accusing us of not listening!

Instead rate fairly and according to the instructions and participate in the Ratings Reloaded - Community Consultation!

Thank you :P
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Frop on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:36 pm

lackattack wrote:rate fairly and according to the instructions

Jim, RTFM! :D
Captain Frop

Postby jiminski on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Frop wrote:
lackattack wrote:rate fairly and according to the instructions

......RTFM! :D
:?:
Captain jiminski

Postby hanamog on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:26 pm

This new rating system sucks!!! One or two jack offs give you a low rating and you are screwed. Never missed a turn, allways check games twice a day and two jerks give me 3 stars, that's BS. Go back to the written feedback at least you had a chance to reply and others could see if the negative feedback was from an asshole.
Private hanamog

Postby lackattack on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 am

Actually, 3 stars is considered average, not low.

rating screen instructions wrote:The number of stars given should be based on this scale:

1 = Bad, 2 = Below Average, 3 = Average, 4 = Above Average, 5 = Excellent
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Hrvat on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:15 am

lackattack wrote:Actually, 3 stars is considered average, not low.

rating screen instructions wrote:The number of stars given should be based on this scale:

1 = Bad, 2 = Below Average, 3 = Average, 4 = Above Average, 5 = Excellent

Lack, Most of us do not want average.
Unless you intend to moderate, it is pointless to try and enforce your idea on what is proper.
Most people will rate as they fill fit. eg.:

I enjoyed the game = 5 stars
I did not enjoyed playing that player = 1 star

Giving 3 serves NO purpose.

OBTW.
I rated my last player today.
As current system serves NO purpose, I will not be rating any players, good, bad or average.
As far as I am concerned there is NO rating system.

--------------------------------
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby Astoria on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:53 am

KidWhisky wrote:Man I am really starting to dislike this new rating system. I get a rating of 3 for fair play in a game that as far as I can tell I played fair. Only with this system I don't know why this guy feels I only deserved 3 fair play stars. I liked it far better when we got to write and explain why we left the feedback we did. At least that way I knew why I was getting the negative and Had the chance to explain why I did what I did.

Exactly the same thing in my head. Some players just get upset with their loss and just gave low ratings as a revenge for no reason. With Feedback system there were also weak players who would put some dirty words on you just because they lost, but with FeedBack that was so much more rarer.

As for FeedBack, can you at least put back the number of Positive and Negative f-backs because it is so way more pleasant to play with nice players and do not deal with rude dudes at all? It is just like in real life when you know what social group is appropriate for you and with what kind of people you should never mix.
Last edited by Astoria on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Astoria

Postby Beefcake Jones on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:53 pm

STUPID. Horrible decision. The old feedback system was fine. Perhaps the owners of this site would be better served spending their time FIXING THE SERVERS than dinking with bullshit like this.
Captain Beefcake Jones

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:22 pm

We hear you all, we do! Please check out our Ratings Reloaded topic for feedback on some changes, alterations, and fixes.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby hulmey on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We hear you all, we do! Please check out our Ratings Reloaded topic for feedback on some changes, alterations, and fixes.

--Andy

no point in going there. You guys dont seem to be listening to what the vast majority of your customer's want. WE DONT WANT RATINGS!!! Well apart from KLOBBER.

The only way forward that i can see would be the Community Feedback idea. The ratings system just aint gonna work. And as for the WALL, its initial use looked good but its just borrrring.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Hrvat on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:56 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We hear you all, we do! Please check out our Ratings Reloaded topic for feedback on some changes, alterations, and fixes.

--Andy

Hello...
We do NOT WANT 3's :!:

Hello....
3 average is NOT an option. :!:

Hello... ???

Sigh... just a lot of noise from Lack and Co....:
'it will all average out' ... 'you must give 3' as standard'... ''if you give 5's we'll downgrade it to 3'... 'if you give 1's we'll upgrade it to 3's'.....

Lack has learned nothing from Classic map Fiasco?
-------------
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Contribute to the discussion and something worthwile will come from it. :) There are quite a few topics in that thread to discuss. :D

Regarding Classic Map, there was an actual need to alter it. But that's off topic and for one of the many old threads. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Hrvat on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:36 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Contribute to the discussion and something worthwile will come from it. :) There are quite a few topics in that thread to discuss. :D

Regarding Classic Map, there was an actual need to alter it. But that's off topic and for one of the many old threads. ;)

--Andy

It is not off topic!
Lack is again pushing through with his idea, that most people disagree with.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby Lilianna on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:35 am

Once again, I would like to ask, is one of your multiple solutions going to deal with people not knowing what each attribute is? As I already said, I got a 1/5 in ATTENDANCE because I didn't chat a lot in the game.
Cook Lilianna

Postby nekroman on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 pm

I have an issue with the ratings system, what's the point of having a possible of 5 stars for attendance? I was on time for all of my turns but since people ASSUMED it was supposed to be an RT game, they gave me low ratings. How is that supposed to be fair? Attendance should be a plus or minus, rated by the CPU, if you miss a turn, you get a bad rating. If you make it for your turns, good rating. End of story. Just my 2 cents.
Sergeant nekroman

Postby Astoria on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:44 am

nekroman wrote: Attendance should be a plus or minus, rated by the CPU, if you miss a turn, you get a bad rating. If you make it for your turns, good rating.

Very Good Point
Lieutenant Astoria

Postby CryWolf on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Astoria wrote:
nekroman wrote: Attendance should be a plus or minus, rated by the CPU, if you miss a turn, you get a bad rating. If you make it for your turns, good rating.

Very Good Point

2nd'd == and you should only be able to leave a teamwork rating for someone if you played a team game with them on the same team as that person am I right?
Proud member of Team Bewbiez
Lieutenant CryWolf

Postby nekroman on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Right, to the team game thing
Sergeant nekroman

Postby davidmcc on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:25 pm

hell yes. That one really annoys me. I've had a couple of games where the guys gets beaten precisely BECAUSE my team worked well together, and I get a low rating cos he's pissed about it!
A minor issue really, but still annoying
Sergeant 1st Class davidmcc

Postby azezzo on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 pm

I feel that some players are behaving worse now that there is no written feedback to worry about.
Lack has stated that there was alot of unjustified neg. feedbacks left and that the mods had to deal with it.

I am sorry i dont feel sorry for someone doing there job.

I wouldnt want to clean the porta johns but someone has to do it, and if they take the job then they should do the job the best they can without complaining about it.

what about all the truely justifiable negative feedbacks that were left, verified by the game logs and game chat? Besides acting as a written warning to others it was also a form of therapy, a release of sorts for having to deal with these morons.

Conquer Club gets 1 star for its handling of this fiasco.
Captain azezzo

Postby jiminski on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 am

azezzo wrote:I feel that some players are behaving worse now that there is no written feedback to worry about.
Lack has stated that there was alot of unjustified neg. feedbacks left and that the mods had to deal with it.

I wouldnt want to clean the porta johns but someone has to do it, and if they take the job then they should do the job the best they can without complaining about it.

what about all the truely justifiable negative feedbacks that were left, verified by the game logs and game chat? Besides acting as a written warning to others it was also a form of therapy, a release of sorts for having to deal with these morons.

i have to say i think it enables people to behave worse too..

heheh i threatened to suicide into a player (joking i must add) if they once more corrected my gamechat speeling (it's a spelling joke .. that kills em in Missouri!)

And i thought to myself.. hmm really what is to stop people who get really peed-off from doing just that? a rating of a 1?.. which will be swallowed in another 30, average behaviour, 5 star rating games!?

hmm well I realise that human nature 'should' be better but sometimes, without the fear of a meaningful punishment, it lapses!
I am only realising now that negs, accompanied by a relevant comment to justify it, did actually offer a meaningful and lasting punishment.
Captain jiminski

Postby Frop on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 am

azezzo wrote:I feel that some players are behaving worse now that there is no written feedback to worry about.

Agreed, I've said things to the same extent. If CC would've just got a new bunch of motivated feedback moderators we wouldn't need to bother with a ratings system (nor all its flaws). In fact Jimbo here would've saved at least half the time spent on his proposals if they would've made him a feedback mod. :D
Captain Frop

Postby jiminski on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:44 am

Frop wrote:

Agreed, I've said things to the same extent. If CC would've just got a new bunch of motivated feedback moderators we wouldn't need to bother with a ratings system (nor all its flaws). In fact Jimbo here would've saved at least half the time spent on his proposals if they would've made him a feedback mod. :D

bugger that.. i am too rebelious in the face of perceived injustice ;)

but i would certainly vote avidly in a Community Moderated Feedback system.
Captain jiminski

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives