Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - World of Ogygia

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Abandoned] - World of Ogygia

Postby Androidz on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 am

Map Name:

World of Ogygia

Maps:

July 3th Version 2.0
Click image to enlarge.

June 27th, Version 1.0
Click image to enlarge.

Early draft (June 23rd)
Click image to enlarge.

Gameplay:

Well this is a map to conquer monsters & godz from the Mythologi. There is is 8 Coliseums scattered around in 8 Kontinents all with their own monster. The more you own gives a Supperior Bonus.
There is alot of strategy around this map, since their is alot of things which can give bonuses and also there is a bombard field. Can you conquer all the Coliseums Heroes and boost them into your army?

This is a fantasy based map, there is alot of structures from other lands and such.

Number of Terriories:

Number of Continents:

Important Noteices:

All Coliseums is linked togheter with tunnels.

Heavens Gate can only be attacked from 1 of the 4 AirDocks around the Map. Or Ares.

The 2 towers in the Empire & and the 2 Catapults in the wastelands can bombard The Red Line.

All Coliseums, Briges and Heroes dont belong to any continents.

Impassible borders:

Wall (Grey)

Mountions (Brown)

Bonuses:

Continental Bonus:

The Empire: 7.
The Underworld: 4
The Wastelands 6.
Frostinia: 3
Olympus: 2.
The Sandsea: 4
The Searing Caves: 5
The Rebelion: 3

Monster Bonus:

1: +3
2. +5
3: +7
4: +10
5: +15
6: +20
7: +25
All Monsters: : +50

Other Bonuses:

Holding Titan's Prison: +3
Holding Cerberus: +1
Holding ******* +1
all 3: + 6

Notes (to which must be added to legend

All Arenas is connected via tunnels.

All Flying Creatures is connected with echother + Heavens gate.

Heavens gate can bombard Titans prison.

All Captials connected to the sea can attack Titans prison. One way attack.

Continent Names And Enveiorments:

The Empire: (StoneCastle)
The Rebelion: (Jungle/Rebels Main Village)
The Waste Lands: (Plains/Arrtopia: Pirates Headquarters)
The Sandsea: (Dessert)
The Searing Caves: (Greenblueish colours/Atlantiqa)
The Underworld (Mudlands)
Frostinia: (Snow)
Olympus (Located in the skies)

HIgh Neatruals:

Coleseums is a "High Neatrual" It starts with 5 Netrual armies.

Monsters Is a "High Neutrual" it starts with 5 Netrual Armies.

Titan Prison is a "High Neutrual" it starts with 5 Netrual Armies.

Cerberus is "Normal Nettrual" it starts with 3 Neatrual Armies

To Do List:

(Version 3.0)

- Change some writeing errors.

- replaceing /renameing / added more terriories.

- Change what poll says.

- Add Titans Prision (Bonused one way attack)

- The Red Line (

- Legend.

- Place armies, and army circles.

- Remakeing some of the Arena names.

- Sillutete error in the Chimera Arena.:P + Zues will be more maskulin later=)

- Adding Shrine graphic. And adding Cerberus Silluetes + a Portal graphic.

- Improveing Textures on Hydracave and The Empire

- Yellow arrow to Heavens gate ---> Mt olympus. (Mt olympus will be treid to make kinda higher)

- Change some of the pegasuses to other mythologisk creatures.

- Change name of the SMithy to Ikarus Workshop (or something)

- Fix Briges.

- Add this Quote:

The arenas once used to fight dreadfull battles to impress the gods is now your battlefield!
Centuries has gone since the land of Ogygia vanished from the world as we know it.
The strongest of each breed started occupieing the 7 arena ruins around their world.
The underworld god Hades was mad cause he was`nt seen as the strongest of gods so he made his own arena deep in the depths of the underworld. Seeing the both Hades and Zues got their own arenas poseidon disided it was in time that he did the same after all the land was splitted for them tree. So he went to the seacaves and kicked hydra out of the arena.
houndreds of of armies and heroes was terminated all in the glory to protect their lands and the little adrelinrush gained by bloodsplattering deaths.
Are you hero matrial? Are you the one to rule whis world? Callenge the masters of the arenas for duels, conquer them and they join your army to the bitter end.

(Version 4.0 or later Versions.)

- Small Size.

- XML

- Probably a name change if commented.

Authers:

Gameplay: Androidz

Graphics: Seamusk
Last edited by Androidz on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 am, edited 28 times in total.
Private Androidz

Re: Coliseum Wars

Postby seamusk on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 am

Reserved for graphical updates...

I need to check in with Androidz. My computer died a sad death and I just got a new one and for now have the trial of photoshop installed. Here is the current map as I have it. I may have lost some changes but I don't think that I did. The to do list at the end of this message is old but I'm not ready to delete it yet.
Click image to enlarge.

Graphics To Dos:
(Gonna keep this here so androidz and I can cross reference)
Add fire to hell coliseum
Add snow to coliseum of
Add circle to Heavan's gate
Fix the tower/red line again
Add red line text to red line as background
Draw silhouettes of Gods/Monsters/Heroes
Finish naming territories
Add trees to jungle
Build Oasis in Sandsea oasis
Build graveyard in underworld
Remake AirDocks and hopefully better castles/Towns..
Add a lot of houses in The Empire
Last edited by seamusk on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 am

You cannot have airports on this themed map
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby oaktown on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:25 am

Point of order: the "coliseum" is a Roman structure, not Greek. The gods you represent are Greek, not Roman. The Greeks may have built amphitheaters, but I'm not aware of any.

I don't think it's a terrible idea, and the graphics could be fun, but it would be more historically accurate to make them "temples."
Captain oaktown

Postby Androidz on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:26 am

Not aiports. AirDocks...we updateing the graphics soon. xD
Private Androidz

Postby t-o-m on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:27 am

max is gr8 wrote:You cannot have airports on this themed map

do you mean airdocks?
Major t-o-m

Postby Androidz on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:28 am

oaktown wrote:Point of order: the "coliseum" is a Roman structure, not Greek. The gods you represent are Greek, not Roman. The Greeks may have built amphitheaters, but I'm not aware of any.

I don't think it's a terrible idea, and the graphics could be fun, but it would be more historically accurate to make them "temples."

Hmm im sure i seen Hercules was in the Greek coliseum. And this is a fantasy based map. But i will disscuss the matter:)
Private Androidz

Postby Ruben Cassar on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Colosseum is a better word.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Androidz on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Post by Ruben Cassar on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:00 pm

ok changed:P
Private Androidz

Re: Colosseum Wars

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Wow this looks pretty, and nice. Pun intended.

I'll keep tabs on this one.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Re: Colosseum Wars Version 1.0

Postby Ethitts on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:52 pm

This looks like it could be a really good map, but I'd have to agree with oaktown on the fact that they should be temples not coliseum's. Also, I find the airdocks seem out of place, perhaps there is something else that could be used to attack heaven's gate?

A few other things to point out:
Cerberus guarded the gates to hell, so shouldn't it be in Hades area? I don't understand why Cerberus has it's own coliseum. You do have it beside the stairway to hell, but the two aren't linked and it wasn't the stairway he guarded.

I find the coliseum of the God's weird because you have "Titan" inside it. All the gods are around the coliseum of heaven. The titans were locked away in different places, like under mountains and stuff.

I'm not understanding the heroes/monsters concept. Currently there is only 1 hero and 3 monster's inside the coliseums. The rest are 2 God's, 1 titan and and the last is empty.

You say the monster's are killer neutrals? I'm not entirely sure how killer neutrals work, but don't they revert to neutral after your turn? In which case, how can you hold a certain amount of them to get the bonuses?

I think this is a great idea for a map, great layout so far. But I think you should either BASE it on mythology and do some research on it, or have it as something different. I'll keep checking in on this map because it could be something great.
Major Ethitts

Postby seamusk on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Androidz is concept guy on this project, but when I can I'll chime in.

Ethitts wrote:Also, I find the airdocks seem out of place, perhaps there is something else that could be used to attack heaven's gate?

The airdocks look awful. I'll try to do something different that fits depending on what Androidz wants to do with it.

Thanks for commenting!
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Androidz on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:32 am

Ethitts wrote:This looks like it could be a really good map, but I'd have to agree with oaktown on the fact that they should be temples not coliseum's. Also, I find the airdocks seem out of place, perhaps there is something else that could be used to attack heaven's gate?

About the temples..there will be hard placeing monsters inside them. And after some resarch it was Arenas they had in Greek and the romans stole the idea and made colloseums. (So you think i should call it Arenas instead?)

Yeah you have right i will try to find something. But i think ill will make it a fantasy way or something.

A few other things to point out:
Cerberus guarded the gates to hell, so shouldn't it be in Hades area? I don't understand why Cerberus has it's own coliseum. You do have it beside the stairway to hell, but the two aren't linked and it wasn't the stairway he guarded.

I find the coliseum of the God's weird because you have "Titan" inside it. All the gods are around the coliseum of heaven. The titans were locked away in different places, like under mountains and stuff.

Again you may have right=) i got alot of other monsters to use:) will be changed in one of the following updates.

Yeah i dont some research about this and Titans was actully the old gods of greek long time before Zues and the gods took over. So that why i calld it what i calld it.

I'm not understanding the heroes/monsters concept. Currently there is only 1 hero and 3 monster's inside the coliseums. The rest are 2 God's, 1 titan and and the last is empty.

Well gods can be heroes to? But i can change it to Guardions of the Colloseum or osmething like that.

You say the monster's are killer neutrals? I'm not entirely sure how killer neutrals work, but don't they revert to neutral after your turn? In which case, how can you hold a certain amount of them to get the bonuses?

I tought killer neatruals is when there is higher number of armies than 3.

I think this is a great idea for a map, great layout so far. But I think you should either BASE it on mythology and do some research on it, or have it as something different. I'll keep checking in on this map because it could be something great.

Thx=) I would be happy if you respound to theese things. What are you toughts now?
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:35 am

Yup, your Gods, Monsters, and heros concept is all out of wack. I would just stick with heros and monsters. There are about a gillion of them. But each of the Titans was more powerful than even the gods. Their bonus would be a million.

And instead of using 'airdocks', you could use Mount Olympus, or temples.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Androidz on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:26 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Yup, your Gods, Monsters, and heros concept is all out of wack. I would just stick with heros and monsters. There are about a gillion of them. But each of the Titans was more powerful than even the gods. Their bonus would be a million.

And instead of using 'airdocks', you could use Mount Olympus, or temples.

I got an idea for the Airdocks changes.

It might be a million for those but they fitt to consept whatsoever.
Private Androidz

Postby TITANESS on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:04 pm

all i have to say is that you're setting stories of real places into a fantasy land
maybe you should using a map of Greece
perhaps then it would be easier to understand
Cadet TITANESS

Postby Ethitts on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:34 pm

I think if your going to use mythological names (Hercules, Zeus etc), then you need to do it "historically" correct. There are so many game play options you could go with on this. Perhaps you could "release" the titans from their imprisonment and it would grant a huge bonus per titan. I would suggest having either 1 temple per god, or temples with heroes/monsters that can attack the heavens. Or go with Juan_Bottom's idea of Mount Olympus, that would be cool. Take out airdocks completely.

These are just my suggestions, go with what the community thinks is best.
Major Ethitts

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:55 pm

Interesting map, but the graphics aren't flowing too well right now.

There is too much going on in the textures, I think. You have all nice land textures and colors, except for the purple area. It clashes a lot with the softer colors over the rest of the map.

For the yellow areas around Zeus, could you put a thin black border around all the yellow, including the arrow? Right now the light yellow is too similar to the light blue of the clouds in some places.

The way you have the areas set up is kinda confusing, too. You use regular territories everywhere, but you switched to a city-based set up (each point is a territory, connected by attack lines) around Cyclop. That would make sense if it was in a cave or something, but I'm guessing from the bright colors that it is not. Could you re-do that area (with a different terrain texture) and use normal territories, so its more similar to the rest of the map?

Airdocks don't work well for your theme, either. They didn't have anything that could fly, so they would never have an airdock/airport. maybe if you changed them into altars or whatever they prayed to the gods with, that would be better. Then it would make sense that you could go from those up to Heaven's Gate.

Oh, and replacing the letter "C" with the letter "K" isn't "kool", it's annoying. don't do that :roll:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby seamusk on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:13 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:Interesting map, but the graphics aren't flowing too well right now.

There is too much going on in the textures, I think. You have all nice land textures and colors, except for the purple area. It clashes a lot with the softer colors over the rest of the map.

The purple can be changed. Lets see what Androidz says about that. This is a tough map in that it goes through all kinds of terrains intentionally so there ought to be some contrast. Is there anything else that stands out here?

For the yellow areas around Zeus, could you put a thin black border around all the yellow, including the arrow? Right now the light yellow is too similar to the light blue of the clouds in some places.

I could do that. Thanks.

The way you have the areas set up is kinda confusing, too. You use regular territories everywhere, but you switched to a city-based set up (each point is a territory, connected by attack lines) around Cyclop. That would make sense if it was in a cave or something, but I'm guessing from the bright colors that it is not. Could you re-do that area (with a different terrain texture) and use normal territories, so its more similar to the rest of the map?

The area around the cyclops is supposed to be under water. Now I realize that the coloring doesn't jive well with the water we have. If I got them to sort of transition better do you think that would help? At some point I obviously stopped thinking of transition there.

Airdocks don't work well for your theme, either. They didn't have anything that could fly, so they would never have an airdock/airport. maybe if you changed them into altars or whatever they prayed to the gods with, that would be better. Then it would make sense that you could go from those up to Heaven's Gate.

We're working on a solution to this. I need to see what Androidz says about the continued comments on mythology. We talked about it some today, but I have a feeling we'll change more than what we discussed today.

Oh, and replacing the letter "C" with the letter "K" isn't "kool", it's annoying. don't do that :roll:

I don't think he does that on purpose. English is not his primary language and so he tends to swap letters around sometimes.
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Joodoo on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 pm

very good start, looking forward to playing it if it does become quenched
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:18 pm

seamusk wrote:

I don't think he does that on purpose. English is not his primary language and so he tends to swap letters around sometimes.

never mind then, sorry.
My brother went through a time when he would always write that way, cause it was "kool". no problem if English isn't his first.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Androidz on Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:30 am

wcaclimbing wrote:The way you have the areas set up is kinda confusing, too. You use regular territories everywhere, but you switched to a city-based set up (each point is a territory, connected by attack lines) around Cyclop. That would make sense if it was in a cave or something, but I'm guessing from the bright colors that it is not. Could you re-do that area (with a different terrain texture) and use normal territories, so its more similar to the rest of the map?

It actully actully a cave which has raised from the waters. Or something like that:P

All other comments i will keep that in mind, were going to put out a update soon if still dont like it pliss tell us what to change. This got a bit messy for me and my english:P
Private Androidz

Postby angelicagese on Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:19 am

nice wrk i likd it... :)
Sergeant angelicagese

Postby Qwert on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:43 pm

I look some posts,and i must say that you must decide,do you want to create MAp based on greek mytology,or Roman mytology.I must say that Greek is much more explore then Roman.
Coliseum is build by romans,and i think that Arena wars is much suitabile name for these map. Greek mytology is also fantasy world,but also is very good documented,so you not need to mix roman and greek mytology.

They have,things who fly ;) ,but airdocks,and airdrops is definitly wrong names for these theme. In greek mytology you have humans who fly-Dedalys and ikarus.,also you have animals who fly,and of course gods who fly. Also you have monster who fly.

Now i will say something what people know what will i say-
RESEARCH_RESEARCH_RESEARCH,before continue work on these map ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Androidz on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 pm

qwert wrote:I look some posts,and i must say that you must decide,do you want to create MAp based on greek mytology,or Roman mytology.I must say that Greek is much more explore then Roman.
Coliseum is build by romans,and i think that Arena wars is much suitabile name for these map. Greek mytology is also fantasy world,but also is very good documented,so you not need to mix roman and greek mytology.

They have,things who fly ;) ,but airdocks,and airdrops is definitly wrong names for these theme. In greek mytology you have humans who fly-Dedalys and ikarus.,also you have animals who fly,and of course gods who fly. Also you have monster who fly.

Now i will say something what people know what will i say-
RESEARCH_RESEARCH_RESEARCH,before continue work on these map ;)

Dont worry we are working on Pegasuses:P Their the new transport=) and yeah were changeing everything into arenas. as i said earlyer is the first "coleseums" in the world which roman stole.
Private Androidz

Next

Return to Recycling Box