Conquer Club

Democrat representative pushes for draft

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Democrat representative pushes for draft

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:13 pm

Time to build a fallout shelter. You know the end is near when a Democrat proposes to strengthen the military.

Full story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061119/ap_on_go_co/military_draft

"There's no question in my mind that this president and this administration would never have invaded Iraq, especially on the flimsy evidence that was presented to the Congress, if indeed we had a draft and members of Congress and the administration thought that their kids from their communities would be placed in harm's way," Rangel said.

Rangel, a veteran of the Korean War who has unsuccessfully sponsored legislation on conscription in the past, said he will propose a measure early next year.

In 2003, he proposed a measure covering people age 18 to 26. This year, he offered a plan to mandate military service for men and women between age 18 and 42; it went nowhere in the Republican-led Congress.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:02 pm

Serves 'em right! Republican voters who think the war was a good idea should get a "special treatment" though. They should be drafted first of all.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:58 pm

His reasoning is ok I guess.. but will never work.. its about now I ask myself what have we done?>

This is why even though I voted all democrat I dont represent myself with the party.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Re: Democrat representative pushes for draft

Postby vtmarik on Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:50 pm

OnlyAmbrose wrote:Time to build a fallout shelter. You know the end is near when a Democrat proposes to strengthen the military.

Full story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061119/ap_on_go_co/military_draft

"There's no question in my mind that this president and this administration would never have invaded Iraq, especially on the flimsy evidence that was presented to the Congress, if indeed we had a draft and members of Congress and the administration thought that their kids from their communities would be placed in harm's way," Rangel said.

Rangel, a veteran of the Korean War who has unsuccessfully sponsored legislation on conscription in the past, said he will propose a measure early next year.

In 2003, he proposed a measure covering people age 18 to 26. This year, he offered a plan to mandate military service for men and women between age 18 and 42; it went nowhere in the Republican-led Congress.

No. Fucking. Way.

I'm a Discordian, a conscientious objector, and as a pope of discordia I hereby declare War evil in the eyes of She Wot Done It All.

Now you see why I'm not a registered democrat. :wink:
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:44 pm

I don't think it will make it.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby vtmarik on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:46 pm

strike wolf wrote:I don't think it will make it.

Well, in a Republican led congress maybe not.

But what about the Democrat congress we've got to look forward to in the near future?

I'm gonna start assuming more of my religious duties as a Minister, a Discordian holyman, and a Satanist.

And maybe i'll do a little voodoo, if I can catch this stupid chicken.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby sfhbballnut on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:14 pm

It's like I said, the parties are going to kill us, they fight back and forth, with no care about the issues as long as they're going against the other party. Neither one can blame the other for anything ut they still will. The problem is going to be when the public gets so sick of one representative from one party that they blindly vote for someone in the other rather than picking the better candidate just because of the stupid parties, something has to be done or we're all screwed
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:18 pm

wow. um... i think... im going to go to sams club. buy out their entire stock of cheez its, ramen noodles, TP, batteries, and dr. pepper, then go hide in the basement till this allblows over...
Vita sine honore vivere not est.
Corporal 1st Class Skittlesandmnms

Postby sfhbballnut on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:21 pm

coward, anyway the draft is unconstitutional and btw to all those people supposedly looking out for our troops and trying to bring them home, there isn't a draft any more, they volunteered for it.
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 pm

yeah... drafting sucks... and ppl didnt volunteer... joining the airforce as a techie to live on base isnt the same as saying "I WANT TO GET DEPLOYED"

and yes. i would rather be an alive coward eating cheezits and ramen noodles in the basement then dead.

Postby sfhbballnut on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:30 pm

so you're saying that joining the armed forces means death?
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby DogDoc on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:32 pm

As my old ROTC instructor used to say, "It's the old farts who start 'em [wars] and the young farts that fight 'em."
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:33 pm

sfhbballnut wrote:so you're saying that joining the armed forces means death?

no... but joining the army means your a hell of alot more likely to get deployed than if you join the airforce as a techie

Postby sfhbballnut on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:33 pm

heh, I like it
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:23 pm

vtmarik wrote:

Now you see why I'm not a registered democrat. :wink:

reverend_kyle wrote:

This is why even though I voted all democrat I dont represent myself with the party.

Fastposted!~
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby vtmarik on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:32 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:This is why even though I voted all democrat I dont represent myself with the party.

Dude, that's a terrible defense. "Yeah, I voted for the party behind the man who put this forward, but I'm not really a democrat."

You see, I didn't vote for any of those idiots. I wrote in my candidates.

Damnit if Grimace, Cobra Commander, and the few transformers I voted for didn't even make the news.
Cadet vtmarik

Postby jay_a2j on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:46 pm

This is too easy. If it passes the House and Senate all Bush has to do is VETO it. If they overturn the veto....the dems will pay next election.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby vtmarik on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:49 pm

jay_a2j wrote:This is too easy. If it passes the House and Senate all Bush has to do is VETO it. If they overturn the veto....the dems will pay next election.

You think Bush is going to veto something that will get the Generals off his back, get his hardline base back, and give him the means to complete the war his way?
Cadet vtmarik

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:52 pm

vtmarik wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:This is why even though I voted all democrat I dont represent myself with the party.

Dude, that's a terrible defense. "Yeah, I voted for the party behind the man who put this forward, but I'm not really a democrat."

You see, I didn't vote for any of those idiots. I wrote in my candidates.

Damnit if Grimace, Cobra Commander, and the few transformers I voted for didn't even make the news.

I didnt even throw out support for the candidates across the country.

and I didnt even vote, however, I did throw alot of support for local democrats none of which won. Besides Jerry Shively who beat barraclough for state senate.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby vtmarik on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:56 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:I didnt even throw out support for the candidates across the country.

and I didnt even vote, however, I did throw alot of support for local democrats none of which won. Besides Jerry Shively who beat barraclough for state senate.

Ok, never mind.

And I lied, I didn't vote either. I spent that day with my girl, hanging out, snacking, and watching the Midterm Midtacular on Comedy Central
Cadet vtmarik

Postby jay_a2j on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:57 pm

vtmarik wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:This is too easy. If it passes the House and Senate all Bush has to do is VETO it. If they overturn the veto....the dems will pay next election.

You think Bush is going to veto something that will get the Generals off his back, get his hardline base back, and give him the means to complete the war his way?

A draft with an age range of 18 - 42??? Yes Bush better veto it! I'm 34 and I ain't going... I just ain't going.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby vtmarik on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:59 pm

jay_a2j wrote:A draft with an age range of 18 - 42??? Yes Bush better veto it! I'm 34 and I ain't going... I just ain't going.

Well, considering that that range is the new recruitment range why not?

And you don't have to worry, your medical history's got you covered. Even if it is gone, any disease, cancer, or other chronic affliction takes you out of the pool.
Cadet vtmarik

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:00 am

vtmarik wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:I didnt even throw out support for the candidates across the country.

Ok, never mind.

And I lied, I didn't vote either. I spent that day with my girl, hanging out, snacking, and watching the Midterm Midtacular on Comedy Central

Well, I would have voted because I wanted to get the douchebags running our country out of office... if just to vote yes on prop one and vote for jana jones

but I'm 16.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby vtmarik on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:03 am

reverend_kyle wrote:Well, I would have voted because I wanted to get the douchebags running our country out of office... if just to vote yes on prop one and vote for jana jones

but I'm 16.

That sucks. You can't even smoke or get drunk to escape where the country is at the moment.

At least there's still video games, and Marijuana.

DISCLAIMER: Marijuana's illegal, and this post in no way is meant to condone illegal activity. Big brother is watching, and we all love him.

^_^
Cadet vtmarik

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:05 am

I'm 16 and plan to go to college. I do not plan to join the military. But were a draft instated, I would put my future plans on hold, NOT run to Canada, and join as an enlisted man. Draft dodging is a concept which just irks the heck out of me.

And relax people. There is no way it's going to pass, popular opinion to the contrary is overwhelming (7/10 say drafts suck). The politicians wouldn't dare go against THOSE odds.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,