[09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators, Media Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Postby KingConan on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:46 pm

In jangler's defense.... I am the one who took out ineluku from the game and he left me all 5's in my ratings. Why would someone give good ratings to the one who eliminated them and bad ratings to everyone else? A rhetorical question, for sure, but I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I think there are too many people playing on this site that do not take the proper considerations when leaving ratings. Call it abuse, whatever. The bottom line is it makes it real hard to actually put stock in someones ratings.

Invariably the larger number of games you play, the worse your ratings will become if more and more people just get mad and decide to F*ck up your ratings. Or, even worse just give you bad ratings cause they are a prick and do not care.
Lieutenant KingConan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby hulmey on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:24 pm

well just dont renew your premium and show 'em what YOU want =D> =D> =D>

Half my clan arent bothering to renew their premium coz of the BS here. I have heard a new risk site sponsored by "hasbro" will be opening soon =D> =D>
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:30 am

hulmey wrote:well just dont renew your premium and show 'em what YOU want =D> =D> =D>

Half my clan arent bothering to renew their premium coz of the BS here. I have heard a new risk site sponsored by "hasbro" will be opening soon =D> =D>

Enjoy that. Myself, I'm here for the game and never really bothered too much with ratings/feedback in the first place. And about the time my premium expires, I'll renew it, because I enjoy playing games here. Not to mention all the extra added bonuses (foundry, cheating and abuse, tourneys, etc).
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby cre8tiff on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 am

hulmey wrote:well just dont renew your premium and show 'em what YOU want =D> =D> =D>

Yup, sadly enough, the true impact of this decision won't be fully realized for several months. Not that we haven't tried to tell them, only to have our messages fall on deaf ears.

I hope Lack has another board game he can digitize, a new risk site will kill this one.
===============================================================
Join the Only Give Fives Group (OGFG) It's the next hottest thing! \:D/
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jaguars34 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 pm

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the current ratings don't round up. So if one person gives you a 4 in any category just once you can never have that 5.0 rating again. Is there any way around this, or will 4.9 eventually just be the best anyone can conceivably hold?
Corporal jaguars34

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Ffraid on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:48 am

jaguars34 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the current ratings don't round up. So if one person gives you a 4 in any category just once you can never have that 5.0 rating again. Is there any way around this, or will 4.9 eventually just be the best anyone can conceivably hold?

Not true: View jiminski's ratings
Captain Ffraid

Standard Achievement (1) General Achievement (7)

Postby vikprez on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:58 am

vikprez wrote:Question about Cross Map Medal...Can the unique defeats be standard, doubles, assassin...any combination to achieve 5 per map?

Wow Vikprez, that is a great question, I sure hope someone can answer that!

:D
Corporal 1st Class vikprez

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby jiminski on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:00 am

hehe just got 1's across the board from a player who was just busted for being a cheat and had his score reset!

i did not miss a single go and said little more other than 'good luck' and 'good game'... maybe i could have been a little more sociable.. but cheaters rather slow my wagging tongue ;)
Colonel jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

vikprez wrote:
vikprez wrote:Question about Cross Map Medal...Can the unique defeats be standard, doubles, assassin...any combination to achieve 5 per map?

Wow Vikprez, that is a great question, I sure hope someone can answer that!

:D

The answer is yes, and you could have found it in the Q&A Forum I do believe. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby jaguars34 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:20 am

Ffraid wrote:
jaguars34 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the current ratings don't round up. So if one person gives you a 4 in any category just once you can never have that 5.0 rating again. Is there any way around this, or will 4.9 eventually just be the best anyone can conceivably hold?

I don't understand what you were directing me to. He had all 4.9s which is what i'm saying doesn't round to 5. I saw somewhere else since that it can round back up to 5.0, so my concern is unfounded/resoved, but not in those ratings
Corporal jaguars34

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jiminski on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:33 am

jaguars34 wrote:
Ffraid wrote:

I don't understand what you were directing me to. He had all 4.9s which is what i'm saying doesn't round to 5. I saw somewhere else since that it can round back up to 5.0, so my concern is unfounded/resoved, but not in those ratings

yeah i think the point fFraid was making is that it was 5 (it moved to 4.9 after that post today.) although in some places i had scored less than 5 in individual ratings?
Colonel jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:19 pm

I was just given a 1 (along with everyone else in the game) in Fair Play by a player who felt "cheated by the system" in an escalating game.

I messaged him to ask about it and he said "not blaming you but the CC site it's self you got good points that game be happy with that. and i had had the upper half of the board and you just walked through everyone? should have been a little more of a fight in my mind."

Which was rather humorous especially considering I didn't win the game. Clearly this tool has no idea how escalating works.

Just wanted to post it here for more "proof" that the rating system is horribly flawed.

edit: After further conversations with this player, he seems to be of the opinion that if he lose, the game is rigged and thus the game (not the player) did not give him a Fair Play. So if he loses, he rates a 1. If he wins, he rates a 5. kind of pathetic, but just the thing to expect from this system.
Last edited by Bones2484 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby tomtorresson on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:50 pm

I keep getting emails from folks complaining about ratings I leave them. Is what I have been doing not correct?

. They way I understand it, 3 stars is "average". The way I have been rating folks is that when a game is super fast I give 5/5 stars for attendance. No missed turns is 4/5. 1 Missed turn is 3/5. Many is 2/5. Kicked out is 1/5.

For Fair Play I basically just give everyone 4 or 5....not even sure why they have this category as if you cheat it gets reported and corrected.

For Attitude - the most friendly people (in chat) get a 4 or 5. Just a normal "GL" or "GG" gets a 3 (Average). No chat at all gets a 2 and if someone is a jerk I give them a 1.
Corporal 1st Class tomtorresson

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Ffraid on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 pm

jiminski wrote:
jaguars34 wrote:I don't understand what you were directing me to. He had all 4.9s which is what i'm saying doesn't round to 5. I saw somewhere else since that it can round back up to 5.0, so my concern is unfounded/resoved, but not in those ratings

yeah i think the point fFraid was making is that it was 5 (it moved to 4.9 after that post today.) although in some places i had scored less than 5 in individual ratings?

Yes! Sorry about the confusion jaguars34. I was directing you to jiminski's ratings because, up until this morning, he had a 5.0 average even though he had received 7 4s and even a 3 (Damn you, jiminski, for getting all those 1s and totally screwing up my illustrating point. Very inconsiderate. Now I understand why the guy gave you all 1s. :lol: ). I've never met/played jiminski but he's very active in these forums about the new ratings system that I've been reading, so I had checked out his profile and had noticed the very thing about which you had posted. I don't know, offhand, about anyone else to use as an example, but you say that you have seen proof elsewhere since, so I guess it's irrelevant.
Captain Ffraid

Standard Achievement (1) General Achievement (7)

Postby cre8tiff on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:02 am

I find it difficult to believe the admins get less complaints about the new system and it's abuses/flaws, than they got for negative feedback. It seems an ego thing to me.
Join the Only Give Fives Group (OGFG) It's the next hottest thing! \:D/
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives