Conquer Club

Playoff system in NCAA Football

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should there be a playoff system?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:30 pm

Total votes : 0

Playoff system in NCAA Football

Postby mizery24 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:30 pm

It is time for a playoff system in college football. I'm tired of some team getting screwed out of a chance at National Title Game. I don't want to see Michigan get beat again. Let another team have a shot at it. The SEC beats up on each other all year long. Who has Michigan and Ohio State played? Each other. Who has USC played? We need to settle it on the field not by some sports writers who have never played football.
Corporal 1st Class mizery24

Postby P Gizzle on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:37 pm

i completely agree. the BCS is a load of bull used to get teams with a larger market a guarantee at the Championship game. notice how ALWAYS USC makes it to this......they aren't that good....and yet Florida won't, Arkansas won't, not even Notre Dame will get a shot....because a computer decides that Michigan is better.....whatever!!!!

why is March Madness so great?!? because we don't know who will win everygame!!!!
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby Machiavelli on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:41 pm

Michigan is better and that was a great game of football.

We lost by three, it's not like we got blown out.

And we blew out Notre Dame so why should they get a shot?
Sergeant Machiavelli

Postby mizery24 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:43 pm

How is Michigan better than Florida, Arkansas, or LSU? We won't know because we have no playoff system.
Corporal 1st Class mizery24

Postby DogDoc on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:29 pm

P Gizzle wrote:i completely agree. the BCS is a load of bull used to get teams with a larger market a guarantee at the Championship game. notice how ALWAYS USC makes it to this......they aren't that good....and yet Florida won't, Arkansas won't, not even Notre Dame will get a shot....because a computer decides that Michigan is better.....whatever!!!!

USC is there every year because somehow they've convinced ESPN and other sports news writers that they have a dynasty in progress. Now excuse me, but shouldn't a dynasty win more than just one national championship? USC, like Notre Dame, is consistently overrated every friggin' year and it pisses me off. Hell, ND has to lose 5 games before being booted out of the Top 25 for cryin' out loud.

We can sit and argue the point who has the better team ("X beat Y which beat Z therefore X would beat Z" -- uh, NO) but it will never be resolved until Division IA adopts a playoff system like there is for every other collegiate sport, INCLUDING Division IAA FOOTBALL (go App State!!).

And if Michigan gets another shot at Ohio State for the NC, well, that's just plain wrong. They had their shot. They blew it. Let another 1-loss team have a shot. Just as long as it's not USC or Notre Dame. :evil:
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby Red Nek Hoe on Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:25 am

i agree there should be playoffs in college football. they should set it up like highschool football with division playoffs then championship playoffs not who the coaches think should play. the way it is now it doesnt matter how good the team is its how much the coaches and the media like the schools. notre dame is a good example. they are always rated high but dont play as good as they are ranked. the last 2 games i watched notre dame play i was not impressed at all with them. i am from texas and i think that the longhorns are overrated as well. now they have had some good teams but not always. i think they got lucky when they won the championship last year. if it wasnt for thier quarterback and some bad calls by the ref's they would have lost that game.
Private 1st Class Red Nek Hoe

Postby DogDoc on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:18 am

I see that somebody voted "No" in this poll. Care to explain your reasoning?

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:38 am

think about it guys.....

in last years March Madness, a computer didnt decide that George Mason would go to the Final Four, they did!!! what's better than watching upset after upset every day for weeks??? it's awesome, not to mention every game counts, unlike how they screwed up the bowls.

for all of you who forgot.....THE ROSE BOWL IS THE BEST OF THE PAC-10 VS. THE BEST OF THE BIG 10!!!!!!!!!!! keep it that way, and have a playoff system that actually counts for the winner, and after, we can have our classic bowl games!!!!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby DogDoc on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:44 pm

P Gizzle wrote:think about it guys.....
for all of you who forgot.....THE ROSE BOWL IS THE BEST OF THE PAC-10 VS. THE BEST OF THE BIG 10!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure about that? LINK

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:07 pm

you didnt completely read it

the link wrote:LSU has never played in the Rose (Jan. 1, 7 p.m., ABC), which traditionally invites the Pac-10 and Big Ten champions.

im talkinga bout the good ol days, not the computer run ones!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:19 pm

P Gizzle wrote:you didnt completely read it

the link wrote:LSU has never played in the Rose (Jan. 1, 7 p.m., ABC), which traditionally invites the Pac-10 and Big Ten champions.

he's not smart.. carry on
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby UCAbears on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:26 pm

ARKANSAS BEAT LSU!!!!!.............................carry on
Cook UCAbears

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:30 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:

im saying pretty much that the bowl games in the 40s were better than the ones now and we need a playoff system like in NCAA basketball

oh wait, ur calling me stupid, right?
Cook P Gizzle

Postby DogDoc on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:22 pm

P Gizzle wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:

im saying pretty much that the bowl games in the 40s were better than the ones now and we need a playoff system like in NCAA basketball

No, I believe the mental midget was directing that to me. Isn't it admirable how he attempts to string together a coherent thought?

I realize the Rose traditionally pairs Big 10 vs. Pac 10. My point was that this year that might *not* be the case as the article expained. Should LSU beat Ar-Kansas tomorrow, LSU might get an invite to play in the Rose. Personally, I'd love to see my Tigers against the Condoms in the Rose. And yes, a tournament is long-overdue but probably won't happen because there's too much money to be made with the bowl games in their present form.

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:24 pm

DogDoc wrote:
P Gizzle wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:

No, I believe the mental midget was directing that to me. Isn't it admirable how he attempts to string together a coherent thought?

I realize the Rose traditionally pairs Big 10 vs. Pac 10. My point was that this year that might *not* be the case as the article expained. Should LSU beat Ar-Kansas tomorrow, LSU might get an invite to play in the Rose. Personally, I'd love to see my Tigers against the Condoms in the Rose. And yes, a tournament is long-overdue but probably won't happen because there's too much money to be made with the bowl games in their present form.

oh, so that's what you meant...what i meant was that i hate how they ruin bowl games with history, by destroying their meaning. the Rose Bowl hasn't served its original duty in YEARS!!!!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby sfhbballnut on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:06 pm

I want to see college overtime in the NFL and playoffs in the NCAA, just a tourny of the top eight to be simple, or top sixteen if you want to get complex and unreallistic
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:20 pm

i say 64 teams and i wanna see one foot ins int the NFL
Cook P Gizzle

Postby sfhbballnut on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Possibly, the exact rule would have to be adjusted for it to work. I think the reason the have that is to even out offense and defense so the offenses doesn't have some advantage
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:50 pm

i just like that rule because it's more exciting. ooohh, two feet, i mean that's a lot harder and less exciting than someone barely letting his foot hit the ground, and TD!!!!!!!!!!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby vtmarik on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:58 pm

P Gizzle wrote:i just like that rule because it's more exciting. ooohh, two feet, i mean that's a lot harder and less exciting than someone barely letting his foot hit the ground, and TD!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the player? It's Football. It should only matter if the ball is in the end zone.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:01 pm

well, it's not just the endzone. the rule is that in order for a catch to be called, in nfl, you have to have two feet in bounds. i like it better in NCAA where it's only one foot.

do you watch football, or not? i just want to know so i can explain things better.
Cook P Gizzle

Postby vtmarik on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:10 pm

P Gizzle wrote:well, it's not just the endzone. the rule is that in order for a catch to be called, in nfl, you have to have two feet in bounds. i like it better in NCAA where it's only one foot.

do you watch football, or not? i just want to know so i can explain things better.

I'm familiar with the in-bounds rules, I'm just saying if the catch is made and the player gets the ball over the line into the end zone, it should be a TD.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:12 pm

i agree. and that's how it is in NFL. you get the ball to "break the plane" then ur alright. see this is where controversy comes in though. it's impossible to tell sometimes. stuff like this happened in the Super Bowl and that's where Seahawks fans like me get mad
Cook P Gizzle

Postby vtmarik on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:20 pm

P Gizzle wrote:i agree. and that's how it is in NFL. you get the ball to "break the plane" then ur alright. see this is where controversy comes in though. it's impossible to tell sometimes. stuff like this happened in the Super Bowl and that's where Seahawks fans like me get mad

As long as you have officials on the field, you're going to have bad officiating.

Why don't they have a ref up in the booth with the broadcasters so they can get a birds-eye view of the play? Then there might be less confusion.

And on the subject of the BCS, I don't see why it exists. I honestly don't see why it ever existed. You take the champions from each division, but them into a tournament, winner is national champion.

Why is this supposedly so difficult?
Cadet vtmarik

Postby sfhbballnut on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:22 pm

The reciever still has to make a catch before its a touchdown, and that means stayng in bounds so that one needs to stay
Corporal sfhbballnut

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,