Conquer Club

Wal-Mart customer shot in line for a PS3

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wal-Mart customer shot in line for a PS3

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:53 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote:
Utafar wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote:
You know you like your video games too much when you're willing to get shot over money for a PS3 :roll:

you make it sound like what was going through the guy's head was-

OMG I NEED a PS3 your not getting my $600!

if you had $600 dollars cash in your pocket i doubt you would give it up with no fight what so ever

With some guy pointing a gun at me? Listen friend, I make only about $200 per month in my miserable part-time high school job, but if someone is pointing a gun at me, three months pay suddenly would become far less important.

I disagree....and I bet he still didnt get a ps3.

He probably could have bought about 15 PS3s for what the medical bill is costing him... "critical condition" is probably pretty expensive to treat. ;)
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby Sammy gags on Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:54 pm

doesnt cost that much if ur insured fully
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby articmonkeys on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:52 pm

i hope this kids family sues Sony.

Why sony??????

They should sue the guy that shot him!!!!!

The guy was probably just after the money for drink or drugs.....$500-$600 - just cause they were waiting on a ps3 does'nt mean you sue sony.
Cook articmonkeys

Postby articmonkeys on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:53 pm

:roll:
Cook articmonkeys

Postby Freetymes on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 pm

****OFF TOPIC RANT AHEAD****
This is just one more reason why it is legal in most US states for honest citizens to carry concealed weapons! To bad more people do not because if a crook (read: soleless mucus brained coward) thinks for a minute that several of the people in that line were armed.... It would have been a quiet day with many getting their overpriced game and that would have been the only story to tell.

**** RANT OFF****

To bad for the victim and I hope he gets well. The one the lawyers will go after is always the one with the deepest pockets which is rarely if ever the crook. WallMart will get sued for failing to provide a safe area in which to wait and you will all be paying more for your games et al. Since as we all know it is the general public that foots the bill in the end...
TheProwler wrote:I concede.
Just this once.
Lieutenant Freetymes

Postby cowshrptrn on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:38 pm

i think using this to justify concealed weapons as opposed to justify video game violence is even worse. If someone on the line had a concealed waepon, he still wouldn't ahve been able to prevent the robber from taking a hostage. Which is what the robber woudl most likely do in that situation.
Private cowshrptrn

Postby Freetymes on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:04 pm

cowshrptrn wrote:i think using this to justify concealed weapons as opposed to justify video game violence is even worse. If someone on the line had a concealed waepon, he still wouldn't ahve been able to prevent the robber from taking a hostage. Which is what the robber woudl most likely do in that situation.

IF the coward thought that someone in that line was armed or if several were armed he would not have left his hovel!
It is the deterrant factor more than the firepower! You watch way to many bad movies....

So tell me what you base your "Most likely" scenario on? I would love to know or was my flippant comment about bad movies close to the mark?
Just this once.
Lieutenant Freetymes

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:00 pm

Freetymes wrote:IF the coward thought that someone in that line was armed or if several were armed he would not have left his hovel!

amen. I think the legality of concealed weapons would reduce, not increase, the number of deaths-by-firearms in America, personally...
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby cowshrptrn on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:10 pm

This is in connecticut, mind you. People aren't pro-concealed weapons there. Even if there was a law, the average joe most liekly wouldn't have a gun, there aren't any rabid bears attacking cattle in connecticut, so theres no need to for people to own a gun in the first place, and very few people in the Northeast own them for self defense.

Plus, the people standing in line for a PS3 in connecticut are probably born and rasied in suburbia, very few rifle ranges, the closest thing they'd probably encoutered is paintball. The robber woudl be fairly safe in assuming that none of them would have had a concealed weapon even if they were legal.
Private cowshrptrn

Postby Freetymes on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:25 pm

cowshrptrn wrote:This is in connecticut, mind you. People aren't pro-concealed weapons there. Even if there was a law, the average joe most liekly wouldn't have a gun, there aren't any rabid bears attacking cattle in connecticut, so theres no need to for people to own a gun in the first place, and very few people in the Northeast own them for self defense.

Plus, the people standing in line for a PS3 in connecticut are probably born and rasied in suburbia, very few rifle ranges, the closest thing they'd probably encoutered is paintball. The robber woudl be fairly safe in assuming that none of them would have had a concealed weapon even if they were legal.

I would love to share statistics with you however it would be easier for you to look for yourself so you would not think me trying to inflate things.
Look and see just how far the violent crimes have fallen in the states where "Shall Issue" concealed permits are the law and you will see that there are huge drops in such crimes and simply NO cases of permit holders shooting people illegally. Further that it is in suburbia and in the cities where you most need self protection and it is from humans.

I am sorry but it seems that your knowledge of firearms, who uses them, and why is skewed by one side of the issue.
Just this once.
Lieutenant Freetymes

Postby salvadevinemasse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Okay... My opinion is if they hold up a line thats going to get PS3's then isn't a liability on wal-marts count? If any one got hurt other then the obvious 1 person being shot even if its therapy bills they are liable because it took place on their property.. Correct?

Also, why is it $600? even the second PS wasnt as expensive damnit! So explain to me in "dummied" down version why its so expensive!?

Salva-
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:14 pm

salvadevinemasse wrote:Okay... My opinion is if they hold up a line thats going to get PS3's then isn't a liability on wal-marts count? If any one got hurt other then the obvious 1 person being shot even if its therapy bills they are liable because it took place on their property.. Correct?

Also, why is it $600? even the second PS wasnt as expensive damnit! So explain to me in "dummied" down version why its so expensive!?

Salva-

Right now it costs $900 to make.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby salvadevinemasse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:23 pm

how much did it cost for the first one to be made at first?
and for the second one to be made at first?

I wanna know why it costs so much to have this one made compaired to the others.. Meaning whats so special about this one when compaired to the other 2?

Salva-
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby mr. incrediball on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:18 pm

^for a start, it's got the other two built into it, so it's already more than the other two put together...

besides, when you look at how overpriced property is these days, £425 doesn't seem that much...
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,