Conquer Club

Atlanta Falcons: Vick worth keeping ?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Vick worth 138 million if he cant even pass ?

Total votes : 0

Atlanta Falcons: Vick worth keeping ?

Postby Ham on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:09 pm

Vick cant pass and I dare anyone to tell me he can effectively and consistently. He runs. He can throw it extremely fast and extremely long but he cant connect to the receivers. Atlanta loses most of its games because Vick can't get 1st downs. Some will say what about dunn? Well Dunn does pretty good in my opinion but the o-line isnt helping the situation.

Your thoughts ?
Last edited by Ham on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
Spreading the word

*XI games member: Where friends kill friends
Sergeant Ham

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm

Well, the Falcons aren't gonna trade him. Our best shot is for someone 2 take out his knees with a carreer-ending injury and show the world our second string guy who in my opinion is better than Vick anyways.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ham on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:16 pm

I cant remember which game it was but awhile back they took Vick out for 3 downs and the fans cheered when I think schwabb is his name got put it. They put vick in right after that and the crowd booed.

2nd stringer actually gets us first downs.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
Spreading the word

*XI games member: Where friends kill friends
Sergeant Ham

Postby DogDoc on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:18 pm

I say "hell yes" keep him and keep a substantial portion of Atlanta's salary cap tied up. As long as Vick is the quarterback, Atlanta will be doomed to being just a mediocre team. And this is good news for the teams that I do like -- New Orleans and Carolina. I love it when a quarterback leads a team in rushing. It means he can't pass worth a crap and will duck and run at the first sign of pressure. Vick has played hell with Carolina's defense in the past but New Orleans sure has his number pegged.
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:25 pm

DogDoc wrote:I say "hell yes" keep him and keep a substantial portion of Atlanta's salary cap tied up. As long as Vick is the quarterback, Atlanta will be doomed to being just a mediocre team. And this is good news for the teams that I do like -- New Orleans and Carolina. I love it when a quarterback leads a team in rushing. It means he can't pass worth a crap and will duck and run at the first sign of pressure. Vick has played hell with Carolina's defense in the past but New Orleans sure has his number pegged.

Except that tampa bay is the only team in the league who can stop vick running.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby DogDoc on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:30 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:
DogDoc wrote:I say "hell yes" keep him and keep a substantial portion of Atlanta's salary cap tied up. As long as Vick is the quarterback, Atlanta will be doomed to being just a mediocre team. And this is good news for the teams that I do like -- New Orleans and Carolina. I love it when a quarterback leads a team in rushing. It means he can't pass worth a crap and will duck and run at the first sign of pressure. Vick has played hell with Carolina's defense in the past but New Orleans sure has his number pegged.

Except that tampa bay is the only team in the league who can stop vick running.

Obviously teams can stop him enough to keep them from winning. Otherwise Atlanta would be undefeated. I hope Vick stays with the Falcons for a long time to come.

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 pm

I agree ham. I've heard people say that our second stringer (can never remember his name either) is the next great passer. I think that with Favre gettin old and eventualy going to throw out his shoulder, the NFL needs one to replace him.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:25 pm

ok, keep the Vickster and get a line. then, get some WRs who will actually catch the ball. if you guys suck enough this year, u can get Samardija from Notre Dame.

Keep Vick, stop bein haters.
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:32 am

Doesn't matter about the line. I live in ATL and Vick has done nothing but screw us over with his inconsistency.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby P Gizzle on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:26 am

it does though. last year the Hawks had a line and Matt hasselbeck got us to the SB. hasselbeck's as inconsistent as they get. this year our line's hurt. where r we now?
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby DogDoc on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:43 pm

strike wolf wrote:Doesn't matter about the line. I live in ATL and Vick has done nothing but screw us over with his inconsistency.

I know. Please, keep him. Give him a raise. Designate him the franchise player. As long as Vick stays with Atlanta, they'll be no better than 3rd in the division.

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,