Conquer Club

Do you get caffine withdrawal?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you get caffine withdrawal?

Postby edmundomcpot on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:21 pm

i drunk so much tea tonight and now im cold and shivering
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cook edmundomcpot

Postby happysadfun on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:24 pm

I drank a lot of coffee on thanksgiving, and then drank a lot of tea (green is better!), and then the next day I was twitching and cold.
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Rope. Tree. Hillary. Some assembly required.
Cadet happysadfun

Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Postby edmundomcpot on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:42 pm

so im not going crazy then
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cook edmundomcpot

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:50 pm

edmundomcpot wrote:so im not going crazy then

I'm not saying you are sane, but I have also experienced this after large doses of Dr. Pepper or Mountain Dew.
Vita sine honore vivere not est.
Corporal 1st Class Skittlesandmnms

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:51 pm

It's worse when you try getting off heroine.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Do you get caffine withdrawal?

Postby DogDoc on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:18 pm

edmundomcpot wrote:i drunk so much tea tonight and now im cold and shivering

LOL!! If I don't drink coffee in the morning, I'll get a massive headache. But there's a fine line on the amount I should drink. If I drink too much, I'll get these fine tremors - not a good thing to happen when I'm in the middle of a surgery!
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:34 pm

strike wolf wrote:It's worse when you try getting off heroine.

i've never tried that.
Vita sine honore vivere not est.
Corporal 1st Class Skittlesandmnms

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:44 am

I drank 1.5 litres of coffe in less than one hour the other day and didn't notice a thing. :-/
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:50 am

No, actually.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby vtmarik on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:01 am

In these cases I always go with the hair of the dog.

A good, strong 2 cups of tea, coffee, or your favorite energy drink (one of those monstrosites should work), to get the headache and the tremors to go away. Then go out and get yourselves a bag of Yerba Mate. Make it like you would any tea, except don't throw out the leaves. Unlike tea you can make 9-10 servings of this stuff with the same leaves, and make it strong too. It'll be bitter, so add honey or sugar. No milk though, it just doesn't taste right.

It's got caffeine, but it's a chemically different blend of caffeine, all the strengths and none of the shakes.

It'll help you get past the withdrawls.

------

If you haven't access to any yerba mate, spike your last strong cup of tea/coffee/canned drink with about 5500mg [1 vial] of Ginseng extract (You can get it in vials at your local health food store most likely).

That should get you past the hump and reduce or eliminate any future tremors.

Hope this helps.

Talk to me about my hangover cure if ya need it.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Jewel Blaze on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:28 am

i better put the kettle on then...
Corporal Jewel Blaze

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:13 am

Or just take it like a man.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby heavycola on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:31 am

happysadfun wrote:I drank a lot of coffee on thanksgiving, and then drank a lot of tea (green is better!), and then the next day I was twitching and cold.

drug addict
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:15 am

not with COCAINE!!!
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby salvadevinemasse on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:14 am

I use to be so bad about this!!!! I use to drink 6 glasses of soda a day.. But then i decided if I was going to be addicted to something it should be healthy, so I got myself off of the caffine. I started trying to get it in my mind that I was addicted to water and for the most part its worked.. I still drink soda sometimes, But I have to have water everyday at least 3 bottles worth of it. I go up to 6 bottles of water sometimes.

my point is that you can get yourself addicted to anything, if you put it in your mind that is. Try to watch that movie "what the bleep" you'll see partly what I mean..

Salva-
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby WhereDiddyGogh on Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:22 pm

happysadfun wrote:I drank a lot of coffee on thanksgiving, and then drank a lot of tea (green is better!), and then the next day I was twitching and cold.

HAHA...you have to drink that much coffee and tee just to stay awake after dinner!
Diddy...out :)
Cook WhereDiddyGogh

Postby DogDoc on Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:31 pm

vtmarik wrote:In these cases I always go with the hair of the dog.

A good, strong 2 cups of tea, coffee, or your favorite energy drink (one of those monstrosites should work), to get the headache and the tremors to go away. Then go out and get yourselves a bag of Yerba Mate. Make it like you would any tea, except don't throw out the leaves. Unlike tea you can make 9-10 servings of this stuff with the same leaves, and make it strong too. It'll be bitter, so add honey or sugar. No milk though, it just doesn't taste right.

It's got caffeine, but it's a chemically different blend of caffeine, all the strengths and none of the shakes.

It'll help you get past the withdrawls.

------

If you haven't access to any yerba mate, spike your last strong cup of tea/coffee/canned drink with about 5500mg [1 vial] of Ginseng extract (You can get it in vials at your local health food store most likely).

That should get you past the hump and reduce or eliminate any future tremors.

Hope this helps.

Talk to me about my hangover cure if ya need it.

Is this if you want to quit drinking caffeine all together? I don't think that's going to happen. I like the taste of coffee too much. And something happens when they decaffeinate it. It tastes . . . funky.
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby WhereDiddyGogh on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:08 pm

DogDoc wrote:

LOL!! If I don't drink coffee in the morning, I'll get a massive headache. But there's a fine line on the amount I should drink. If I drink too much, I'll get these fine tremors - not a good thing to happen when I'm in the middle of a surgery!

lol I shouldn't even make a comment on this.....
Cook WhereDiddyGogh

Postby ksslemp on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:10 pm

DogDoc wrote:

Same for me, I don't get cold though. I think that symptom must be associated with the Tea only. But yeah if i don't have coffee or caffeine by 11am i'll get a headache thats very hard to get rid of and drinking coffee after the headache comes doesn't help to rid the pain.
Major ksslemp

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:19 pm

One day last week I only got a few hours of sleep and skipped my morning coffee. It didn't take long and I developed a headach. Thinking it was from lack of sleep I went to bed early. I woke about 5 hours later but the headach remained. I made a pot of coffee and minutes after I took a few sips of coffee my headach was gone. I can only imagine what it bould be like to stop drinking coffee altogether. I drink it everyday 2-3 cups on average, along with iced tea I drink amost on a daily basis. :P
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby shultz on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:42 pm

I have to drink about a pot a day or i'll get massive head pounding.
Corporal 1st Class shultz

Postby happysadfun on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:45 pm

WhereDiddyGogh wrote:

HAHA...you have to drink that much coffee and tee just to stay awake after dinner!
Actually I rolled down a huge hill and threw my neck out. That's how I stayed up.
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Rope. Tree. Hillary. Some assembly required.
Cadet happysadfun

Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Postby WhereDiddyGogh on Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:07 pm

LOL no comment :)
Cook WhereDiddyGogh

Postby vtmarik on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:33 pm

DogDoc wrote:Is this if you want to quit drinking caffeine all together? I don't think that's going to happen. I like the taste of coffee too much. And something happens when they decaffeinate it. It tastes . . . funky.

No, it's more for people who are shaking and aching from having a ton of caffeine before hand.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,