Neues Deutschen-Karte

German language forum

Moderators: Global Moderators, Moderators - Int'l

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

This forum is for a specific language group. Please respect and use the language for which the forum was intended.

Neues Deutschen-Karte

Postby multiplayertim on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:14 am

Hast do der Deutschen-Karte Revamp gesieht?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47140

Der Kartograph brauch ihre hilfe. In der neues Karte hat der Kartograph der Nord-Ost Lander "Preussen" genannt. Ist es richtig oder gibt es ein besser name? Seiner seinung nach bitte.
Winner: Tournament of the Minds
Private 1st Class multiplayertim

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Neues Deutschen-Karte

Postby Sameroh on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Ich hoffe ich bin nicht der einzige der ein wenig Probleme mit'm verstehen hat... Welche neue Karte? Willst du die Karte aktuell oder lieber auf alt machen? Wenn Du sie aktuell haben willst, gibt es neuerdings auch sogennante 'Bundesländer'... ;) Die könnte mann auch benutzen!

/JG
Sergeant Sameroh

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1)

Postby pepperonibread on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi guys, I'm the hopeless revamp artist :P
I posted something here a few months, the topic "Germany Revamp", but this works fine too. Any help from Germans I can get is great.
Anyway, while you guys comment, I'd just like you to keep the restrictions of a revamp in mind. Here's the explanation I posted on the 1st page of my thread in the map foundry:

pepperonibread wrote:Hey everybody. More than other maps, revamps like this have certain restrictions on how they are developed. One of the most important of these is that a revamp cannot change the "gameplay" of the map being revamped. Basically, which territories border which other territories and which continents they are contained in must remain the same as in the original map.

Take the light gray continent Preussen (the red continent Prussia in the old map). If you take a look at the two maps, you can see that each territory on the old map directly corresponds to one territory on the new map. For example, Potsdam on the old map, bordering three territories of other continents and two in its own, is equivalent to Magdeburg on the new map, which has the same border configuration. Dresden on the old map, which borders three territories in its own continent, corresponds to Potsdam on the new map, which also has these borders.

Here are a few more examples to clarify:
Old map's Donrath = New map's Koblenz
Old map's Erfurt = New map's Zwickau
Old map's Augsburg = New map's Bayreuth
Old map's Niedersachsen = New map's Bremen
etc.

In this way, while names have been changed and border shapes have been altered, the gameplay of the map remains identical. So if I want to make the map more accurate, I have to make sure that there are no gameplay changes while I edit it.

If everyone could try and make sure that their suggestions don't break any of these "rules", that would be great :)

Quick Summary: Basically, no changes to the original Germany map's gameplay can be made. Unfortunately, this somewhat limits how far the new map can be changed for the sake of accuracy. Things are certainly not set in stone how I have them now though.

So thanks in advance guys for any suggestions you might have. And sorry for the English. Maybe someone could translate the gist of this post?
Anyway, thanks again everyone :)
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Postby Silvanus on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:00 am

Hey pep!

good to see that you're still around. I see that you did a lot of fiddling around the restrictions of this revamp thing.
Unfortunately I had no time to follow the topic in the map foundry yet.

Go on!
Sergeant 1st Class Silvanus

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9)

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks Silvanus. Just a quick update here, I posted a new version in the foudry thread. Mostly just graphics changes though.
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Return to Eroberklub