[GP/UI] Unlimited Adjacent Fortification

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[GP/UI] Unlimited Adjacent Fortification

Postby FightingMuffin on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:29 pm

I would like to propose a new fortification mode that is a cross between unlimited and adjacent, wherein a player can make an unlimited number of fortifications, but can only move any given army one space per turn. While I realize that this may be somewhat difficult to code, because you'd have to "tag" which armies had already moved this turn, it's more "realistic" in the sense that any given body of troops can only move so far in a given amount of time, but the mobilization of one body of troops doesn't really prevent another army in a different theater from moving around....

Forgive me if this has already been suggested. I looked around a little and couldn't find it...
Corporal 1st Class FightingMuffin

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby wcaclimbing on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 pm

no thats dumb.
it seems too confusing, and it would jsut probably end up as a mess of fortifications scrambled everywhere
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby lackattack on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:32 pm

I'm not too keen on your suggestion, but I do like your avatar. Is that a piece of shredded wheat wearing a samurai helmet?
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby sfhbballnut on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:33 pm

Unlimited is unlimited adjacent fortifacation, its just streamlined, why would you want it to be the way you've suggested?
Corporal sfhbballnut

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Dlakavi on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:01 pm

I don't think you understand.

He meant something like this. You have western austrlia, Indonesia and Siam.

You have 7 on W.A:, 4 on indonesia, and 5 on siam.

You can move 6 from W.A. to indonesia, but you cant move them any more(because they got tired).
You then, although you have 10 on indonesia, you can move only 4 to another teritorry.

I give the idea 4/10, like it but i like the current game types just fine.
Last edited by Dlakavi on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant Dlakavi

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:35 pm

It is an interesting idea but probably real confusing during game play.

I always like it when someone disagrees witha an idea it is "dumb." Why can't people give other people the same respect that they receive? Maybe that would be to much to expect.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Postby tals on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:20 pm

sfhbballnut wrote:Unlimited is unlimited adjacent fortifacation, its just streamlined, why would you want it to be the way you've suggested?

No unlimited is unlimited chained fortify. Adjacent is as he described it only fortifying armies that are adjacent to each other. Whilst I kind of like the idea I think adjacent and chained work better strategically and another unlimited is 1 to many more :)

Tals
Sergeant tals

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby AndrewO on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:02 pm

This is the way I used to play with my mates when I used to play risk on a proper, hasbro-endorsed board.

I'd love to see it as another fortification type, but I can see that it would be a lot harder to code than the current fortification types.
Captain AndrewO

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby gavin_sidhu on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:10 pm

Dlakavi wrote:I dont think you understand.

He meant something like this. You have western austrlia, Indonesia and Siam.

You have 7 on W.A:, 4 on indonesia, and 5 on siam.

You can move 6 from W.A. to indonesia, but you cant move them any more(because they got tired).
You then, ylthough you have 10 on indonesia, you can move olnly 4 to another teritorry.

I give the idea 4/10, like it but i like the current game types just fine
You summed it up much more nicely, when i read the first post i was like, wtf this is dumb, but the idea is really good actually.

I like it alot, would probably play mostly these kinds of games if it came online.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 am

Yeah, he likes the way the armies can only fort to adjacent territories, but he wants to be able to do it more than once per turn.

I think its interesting, but we already have 3 different types of fortifications.
I'm against this right now, but its a new idea and I give you credit for thinking of it. :D
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby gavin_sidhu on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 am

AK_iceman wrote:Yeah, he likes the way the armies can only fort to adjacent territories, but he wants to be able to do it more than once per turn.

I think its interesting, but we already have 3 different types of fortifications.
I'm against this right now, but its a new idea and I give you credit for thinking of it. :D
We can get rid of adjacent forts then, they r the worst.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby dafranca on Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:25 am

I would like to play in this mode... much more realistic
Sergeant 1st Class dafranca

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby tals on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:03 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:Yeah, he likes the way the armies can only fort to adjacent territories, but he wants to be able to do it more than once per turn.

We can get rid of adjacent forts then, they r the worst.

To some - not all.
Sergeant tals

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby Heimdall on Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:20 pm

I think this is a very good idea. Don't know if it would be hard to program however.
Lieutenant Heimdall

Postby RobinJ on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Heimdall wrote:I think this is a very good idea. Don't know if it would be hard to program however.

I agree
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Submitted Suggestions