Conquer Club

[GO] Unlimited Adjacent Fortification

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GO] Unlimited Adjacent Fortification

Postby FightingMuffin on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:29 pm

I would like to propose a new fortification mode that is a cross between unlimited and adjacent, wherein a player can make an unlimited number of fortifications, but can only move any given army one space per turn. While I realize that this may be somewhat difficult to code, because you'd have to "tag" which armies had already moved this turn, it's more "realistic" in the sense that any given body of troops can only move so far in a given amount of time, but the mobilization of one body of troops doesn't really prevent another army in a different theater from moving around....

Forgive me if this has already been suggested. I looked around a little and couldn't find it...
Corporal 1st Class FightingMuffin

Postby wcaclimbing on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 pm

no thats dumb.
it seems too confusing, and it would jsut probably end up as a mess of fortifications scrambled everywhere
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby lackattack on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:32 pm

I'm not too keen on your suggestion, but I do like your avatar. Is that a piece of shredded wheat wearing a samurai helmet?
Sergeant lackattack

Postby sfhbballnut on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:33 pm

Unlimited is unlimited adjacent fortifacation, its just streamlined, why would you want it to be the way you've suggested?
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby Dlakavi on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:01 pm

I don't think you understand.

He meant something like this. You have western austrlia, Indonesia and Siam.

You have 7 on W.A:, 4 on indonesia, and 5 on siam.

You can move 6 from W.A. to indonesia, but you cant move them any more(because they got tired).
You then, although you have 10 on indonesia, you can move only 4 to another teritorry.

I give the idea 4/10, like it but i like the current game types just fine.
Last edited by Dlakavi on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant Dlakavi

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:35 pm

It is an interesting idea but probably real confusing during game play.

I always like it when someone disagrees witha an idea it is "dumb." Why can't people give other people the same respect that they receive? Maybe that would be to much to expect.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby tals on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:20 pm

sfhbballnut wrote:Unlimited is unlimited adjacent fortifacation, its just streamlined, why would you want it to be the way you've suggested?

No unlimited is unlimited chained fortify. Adjacent is as he described it only fortifying armies that are adjacent to each other. Whilst I kind of like the idea I think adjacent and chained work better strategically and another unlimited is 1 to many more :)

Tals
Sergeant tals

Postby AndrewO on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:02 pm

This is the way I used to play with my mates when I used to play risk on a proper, hasbro-endorsed board.

I'd love to see it as another fortification type, but I can see that it would be a lot harder to code than the current fortification types.
Lieutenant AndrewO

Postby gavin_sidhu on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:10 pm

Dlakavi wrote:I dont think you understand.

He meant something like this. You have western austrlia, Indonesia and Siam.

You have 7 on W.A:, 4 on indonesia, and 5 on siam.

You can move 6 from W.A. to indonesia, but you cant move them any more(because they got tired).
You then, ylthough you have 10 on indonesia, you can move olnly 4 to another teritorry.

I give the idea 4/10, like it but i like the current game types just fine
You summed it up much more nicely, when i read the first post i was like, wtf this is dumb, but the idea is really good actually.

I like it alot, would probably play mostly these kinds of games if it came online.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 am

Yeah, he likes the way the armies can only fort to adjacent territories, but he wants to be able to do it more than once per turn.

I think its interesting, but we already have 3 different types of fortifications.
I'm against this right now, but its a new idea and I give you credit for thinking of it. :D
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby gavin_sidhu on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 am

AK_iceman wrote:Yeah, he likes the way the armies can only fort to adjacent territories, but he wants to be able to do it more than once per turn.

I think its interesting, but we already have 3 different types of fortifications.
I'm against this right now, but its a new idea and I give you credit for thinking of it. :D
We can get rid of adjacent forts then, they r the worst.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby dafranca on Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:25 am

I would like to play in this mode... much more realistic
Sergeant 1st Class dafranca

Postby tals on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:03 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:Yeah, he likes the way the armies can only fort to adjacent territories, but he wants to be able to do it more than once per turn.

We can get rid of adjacent forts then, they r the worst.

To some - not all.
Sergeant tals

Postby Heimdall on Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:20 pm

I think this is a very good idea. Don't know if it would be hard to program however.
Lieutenant Heimdall

Postby RobinJ on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Heimdall wrote:I think this is a very good idea. Don't know if it would be hard to program however.

I agree
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby lackattack on Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:01 pm

Too hard to program.
Sergeant lackattack

Adjacent + Unlimited Fortifications

Postby mibi on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:37 pm

It seems like the most realistic fortification method would be to combine adjacent and unlimited. So each turn each country with more than one army can make ONE adjacent fortification. It seams silly to have only one army to make one move. It also seems silly to have armies fly across the map in unlimited fortification.

Unlimited + Adjacent would provide the best mix of realism and strategy I think.
Captain mibi

Re: Adjacent + Unlimited Fortifications

Postby sashab on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:46 pm

mibi wrote:It seems like the most realistic fortification method would be to combine adjacent and unlimited. So each turn each country with more than one army can make ONE adjacent fortification. It seams silly to have only one army to make one move. It also seems silly to have armies fly across the map in unlimited fortification.

Unlimited + Adjacent would provide the best mix of realism and strategy I think.

grand strategy (http://www.denizengames.com) has this option. why can't conquer club?
Private sashab

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:33 pm

So what would stop you from making adjacent moves all the way across the board? This just seems like a step-by-step unlimited fortifications.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby CreepyUncleAndy on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:51 pm

As soon as armies have been moved into an adjacent territory, they can be tagged to allow no further fortifications for those moved armies.
Private CreepyUncleAndy

Postby Geographical on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:56 pm

sashab wrote:
mibi wrote:It seems like the most realistic fortification method would be to combine adjacent and unlimited. So each turn each country with more than one army can make ONE adjacent fortification. It seams silly to have only one army to make one move. It also seems silly to have armies fly across the map in unlimited fortification.

grand strategy (http://www.denizengames.com) has this option. why can't conquer club?

Grandstrategy is CRAP!!! I hate it, and i deadbeated in it. lol
[url=www.conquerclub.com]Image
Image[/url] Clicky Either One

Geography Rules!
Corporal 1st Class Geographical

Postby AAFitz on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 pm

Geographical wrote:
sashab wrote:

it wasnt hard for me to leave...not to say it didnt have any cool options...but the thing bumped me every ten minutes and secret alliances are totally permissable......

i did love the two player games though...you could play 10 rt games at once...the team games were ranked seperately than singles too

oh yeah...and i liked clicking the armies on the board....but once lacky gets movin on the updates....this place will be the only one....

conquerclub...there is no substitute...
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Xayath on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 pm

Geographical wrote:
sashab wrote:grand strategy (http://www.denizengames.com) has this option. why can't conquer club?

hmmm odd thing to post . if u dead beat and admit it how can someone trust u not to deadbeat here???
-The Whispered of Spamalot
Private Xayath

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Coz that sucked. CC doesn't suck.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Samus on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:54 pm

Already been suggested, already been rejected:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9330
Major Samus

Next

Return to Suggestions