Conquer Club

Coleman, Map Medals, Map Inspect

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Coleman, Map Medals, Map Inspect

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Ahoy Ahoy Everyone,

As I'm sure most of you may know, our beloved Coleman has made his way back to CC and the Foundry off and on over the last while, and we are most glad to have him back. Coleman has decided to focus most of his efforts on recovery and recooperation so he has decided to resign from his official C.A. position. He does plan on sticking around in the Foundry, so it looks like we're not getting rid of him completely. ;)

We all wish you well, Coleman, and a continued recovery. It was a pleasure working with you in the Foundry and I know many others share my sentiment. Bananas (cheers) to good health!

============================

As you can see, the Map Medals have finally come out! They have been a long time coming (evidently awarding them wasn't as easy and clear cut as I first thought it would be, but at least a lot of good discussion went on regarding them!). We hope we have arrived at the most fair way to award Medals. The procedure for Map Medals is as follows:

There is a maximum of two medal recipients per map (similar to the tournament maximum of 2 also, we are stuck with 2 max). Map Medals will be awarded upon Quenching. To receive a medal you must be noted the Map's first post as the "Primary Developer(s)"--up to 2 people. Primary Developers don't necessarily have to be the Graphics and XML developers (I.E. someone who is running the map topic and has all the ideas and game play could be a Primary Developer), but usually are. Most collaborative maps only have had 2 users working on it, but in cases where there are 3 or more, you must note who will be receiving the Medals. In cases of old long Quenched Maps, I tried to follow up on discussion on who should receive the medals.

So check the Map Medals that you have received, and let me know if there are any errors, or anything missing, and we'll try our best to fix and accomodate it all.

==============================

Lastly, our resident XML guru, Yeti_C, has completed a working beta of his Map Inspect feature for Conquer Club. An explanation in his very own words:
Map Inspector will allow users to verify the Connections, Continents, Neutral territories, Starting Positions, Autodeploy bonuses, Bombardments & Reinforcements in their XML by running it through the Mapmaker page.

Hopefully this will help improve our Pre-Quench quality checking! Currently it is only compatible with Firefox, though this will change, in addition to a few alterations to be added. :)

And as always, remember to smile, be happy, and eat a banana.

--Andy
Last edited by AndyDufresne on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Andy had a typo!
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Coleman, Map Medals, Map Inspect

Postby lanyards on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Yay! Good work all. Get better soon Coleman. :)

--lanyards
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Great works guys. and yes, Coleman, all the best for good health/recovery moving forward. =D>
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Congratulations on the medals people ;-)

Good job on getting the 'map inspect' sorted too.

Coleman - thank you for all you've given to the foundry, and you need to get better to help sort out the Map Categories ;-) (seriously though, you're in our thoughts and prayers...)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Androidz on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Get well coleman, and thx for the information andy. And thx Yeti for this great map inspect tool which will speed things up. And Thx cc for the Map Medals finnaly arrived:D. And a last thx to the community which all cheered them forth. And a big thx for God which gave us life.
Private Androidz

Postby yeti_c on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:06 pm

Yay to the medals!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lanyards on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:44 pm

yeti_c wrote:Yay to the medals!!

C.
Lol @ Yeti's avvy.

--lanyards
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby pepperonibread on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:19 pm

lanyards wrote:

C.
Lol @ Yeti's avvy.

--lanyards

You make that yourself yeti? You'll do your own graphics yet!
:D
Corporal pepperonibread

Postby yeti_c on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:00 am

pepperonibread wrote:
lanyards wrote:

C.
Lol @ Yeti's avvy.

--lanyards

You make that yourself yeti? You'll do your own graphics yet!
:D

He he he - mapiulating 2 images into 1 is fairly easy... it's the creating of raw images that I can't do!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Return to Foundry Discussions