- Anyone who has played and lost at a fog of war game will tell you that it truely sucks not being able to see what's going on in the game with the remaining players. You can read the logs to get a gist of what's happening but too much is left to the imagination. I think a great addition would be to include the option of 'spectate buttons' which will allow players to give spectators permission to view their game without fog of war.
- Each player has the option to allow members to spectate their game with the fog of war lifted. Somewhere on the page, there are a number of checkboxs under the title, 'Allowed Spectators'.
- As a player, you can give permission (if you trust that it will not be used against you) to allow members to view your game.
- For example, If you checked 'player 1' & 'friends'. then those in your friends list will be allowed to view your game and player 1, only when he has been eliminated, can view your game. If at any stage you suspect that someone is feeding info to an opponent, you simply un-check the appropriate box.
- Obviously, a spectator can only see the whole map if all players have checked the appropriate box.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- It gives the players who have been eliminated, a chance to still feel apart of the game (provided that the remaining players have given him permission to do so)