Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Feudal-ate *The sequal to Feudal War!*

Postby yeti_c on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:34 am

wcaclimbing wrote:Tri 12, neighboring two different 10 territories.
Hor 9, bordering two 7 territories.

Those are the only two that I see right now. I'd appreciate it if you would move one of the 10s and one of the 7s, so no territory borders ones that have matching numbers.

Yeah I pointed these out to gimil too - he's gonna change these - you'll notice that he did try to ensure this didn't happen on this map this time - but missed those 2.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby gdeangel on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:34 am

t-o-m wrote::D

One thing that ive already told you, i dont like the way that there's only one entrance to each castle :(

I agree with Tom. This is going to have one very clear set of strategies with only one entrance. If you move the castles up near the wall, you can then make a 1-way passage through the wall out of the kingdom into the adjacent plains. That would create a more "attack" friendly environment, and also eliminate some of the significance of catching a bad dice streak early in the game.

Alternatively, you can leave the castles where they are, and create a one way attack in through the wall (i.e., breached wall), which will create a more defensive challenge, but at the same time increase lead time to successful attacks because the would be assailant will need to have enough troops to plug two gaps rather than one to avoid being overrun by another player (could be less relevant for 1v1 but would be very interesting for >4 player games.
Sergeant gdeangel

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Androidz on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:54 am

Here i will ask you set briges and such to make it no One way to citys:

Great Kingdom 4 to Hor 21.

Rebel 5 to Hor 20 or Tri 12.

Move Barbarian castle to Barbarian 3/6. Then Create a brige to the old Barbarian castle to Cen 14.

Consider moveing Hor Village to 13/16 if you do the one above.

Ga'h 9/10 to Tri 2/1.

If you to this there will only be 3 citites with with one way city but they aint so close to the willage so it isint a big problem. I hope you consider this gimil=)

Hmm maybe i should drop out that a name change would be good. What about Feudal Emperies, Fuedal Kingdoms or something? Fuedal War Kingdom of **** / Fuedal War Chapter 2. ???
Private Androidz

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby MrBenn on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:40 pm

I'm going to ask for the legend to be at the top of the map rather than the bottom...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:34 am

MrBenn wrote:I'm going to ask for the legend to be at the top of the map rather than the bottom...

Why?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby hulmey on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:33 am

It looks so much like the original..Cant you add some new features to make it slightly different, like the AoR series for example...
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 am

hulmey wrote:It looks so much like the original..Cant you add some new features to make it slightly different, like the AoR series for example...

The point of this was to give an 8 player option to the Feudal gameplay, while Realm was intended to be a series of maps that differ in gameplay from each other. my plan is to not add any new gimmicks to this map :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Incandenza on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:47 am

yeti_c wrote:
MrBenn wrote:I'm going to ask for the legend to be at the top of the map rather than the bottom...

Why?

C.

Benn has a point. It's easier to scroll down past the legend once you know the map rather than have it clutter the bottom... I made the same request for drug war.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:19 am

Incandenza wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

Why?

C.

Benn has a point. It's easier to scroll down past the legend once you know the map rather than have it clutter the bottom... I made the same request for drug war.

It really ruins the aesthetics of the map though?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Ethitts on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:42 am

yeti_c wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

Why?

C.

C.

Sorry to be a pain, but I'd have to agree on the legend being better up the top. Along with the points stated above, I personally think it would be more aesthetically pleasing to.

Edit: it would also keep consistency with Feudal War
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 am

Ethitts wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

Why?

C.

C.

Sorry to be a pain, but I'd have to agree on the legend being better up the top. Along with the points stated above, I personally think it would be more aesthetically pleasing to.

Edit: it would also keep consistency with Feudal War

Completely disagree...

The legend is now above the title - this is shit.

C.

PS - you'll also have to ignore the faded landscape below the legend as that's from below.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby hulmey on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:39 am

better the legend at the bottom!!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Androidz on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:28 am

yeti_c wrote:

Completely disagree...

The legend is now above the title - this is shit.

C.

PS - you'll also have to ignore the faded landscape below the legend as that's from below.

Its better now on the top as long as you put the Title in the same "Legend Box" And on the top. And then the minimap below the legend as now. But the terretorie lines in legendbox is wrong now.

Again i had another suggestion above which you missed obliveously:(
Private Androidz

Postby yeti_c on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:30 am

Androidz wrote:Again i had another suggestion above which you missed obliveously:(

That's upto Gimil to respond to.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Androidz on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:33 am

yeti_c wrote:
Androidz wrote:Again i had another suggestion above which you missed obliveously:(

That's upto Gimil to respond to.

C.

kk:D thx for answearing:)
Private Androidz

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas