Conquer Club

More Game Types *To-Do*

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby CreepyUncleAndy on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:17 am

wolf_man wrote:Here's an idea I thought I'd throw out:

After one team is eliminated in a team game, the remaining team play standard style with the winner getting the lion's share of the points and the others splitting the remainder of the points.

What do you all think?

I like this idea so much, I suggested it myself. Call it:

"Collapsing Alliances"

Also, here's another idea for a new game type:

:idea:

This is inspired by Russia's non-aggression treaty with the Japanese, which went into effect shortly before WWII (but went out the window after the defeat of Germany).

Basically, the game decides that there will be truces between certain players at the beginning of the game. These truces will be largely random, but work both ways -- if player 1 has a truce with player 4, then player 4 also has a truce with player 1. In this example, say, player 2 has a truce with player 3, and player 5 has a truce with player 6.

A player cannot attack another player with whom that player has a truce.

There are two ways out of a truce. The first, obviously, is letting your opponents eliminate your truce partner. The other....

Each time a player is eliminated from the game, one of the active truces is randomly chosen and revoked; those two formerly-truced players are now able to attack each other normally.

This provides some interesting scenarios. Say you are truced with Red; Red cannot attack you and you cannot attack Red (although you're welcome to build up forces on your mutual borders just like Germany and Russia did in the thirties). Suddenly, Magenta is eliminated from the game, and your truce with Red is the one randomly selected to expire. Suddenly, you and Red can attack one-another! You'd better hope you get to take your next turn before Red!
Private CreepyUncleAndy

Postby Ishiro on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:33 pm

I'd love to see a real "World Domination" game, but it would be a pain to guarantee a fair start. What I mean is a game where each player starts with 1 country with 3 armies (country, not continent), and the rest of the world is neutral. Start from one, take them all.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby PassIsPaws on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:03 pm

how about each player starts with 2 areas with 10 armies each and then the rest are neutral 1's :P

im not serious
Captain PassIsPaws

Postby highlifeisdalife on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:13 pm

I love creepyuncleandys idea
Cook highlifeisdalife

Postby D-money on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:00 am

What if we had an option to take away the *divided by* bonus or to play any map without continent bonuses. I believe three choices would be needed to make this work. One where it's with divided by and continent bonuses, Another with no divided by bonuses, and the other option to be no continent bonuses. I believe the original old school risk games rules something like this. If not it would bring new dynamics to CC.
Lieutenant D-money

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:19 am

I think we should have 2 player where you have to persuade your enemies to become your allies like in the rule book
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Senrac on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:40 pm

How about capitals? all people pick a capital there first turn and in order to win they have to capture all capitals
Private Senrac

Postby Senrac on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:47 pm

btw i would like a warcraft map including all locations in azeroth and draenor lol :)
Private Senrac

one on one

Postby larry holland on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:20 pm

how about one on one then that way everybody can see who best without cheating i was in a game and they never attack each other after the first round they didnt protect their border so you know they was a team i like to see them fighting me by their self to see if they are that good with out help and it could be adjust it might take along time but you could play real time i like to know what all thinkabout it
Sergeant 1st Class larry holland

Postby Smurf Choker on Sun May 13, 2007 10:36 pm

A Castle Risk variant would be a good new game mode. In Castle Risk each player has a territory with a castle on it, if the castle is taken then the player is eliminated. You must attack and eliminate opponents, while at the same time defending your castle. Points could be given in either last man standing or elimination format. :P
Cadet Smurf Choker

Postby Soloman on Tue May 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Smurf Choker wrote:A Castle Risk variant would be a good new game mode. In Castle Risk each player has a territory with a castle on it, if the castle is taken then the player is eliminated. You must attack and eliminate opponents, while at the same time defending your castle. Points could be given in either last man standing or elimination format. :P

already been suggested show some suppport http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15761
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Re: More Game Types *To-Do*

Postby KLOBBER on Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:25 am

Haydena wrote:Such as "Domination" (Everyone is against each other and the last one standing gets points)...

I may be mistaken, but isn't this the way the game already works? The rest of your ideas are good, but this one seems to be just a definition of the current mode, not a new mode.
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
Private 1st Class KLOBBER

Postby lancehoch on Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:01 am

Eleven month necrobump. Nice work KLOBBER. It was not as if you had anything important to add either. What was the point? Also, if you actually had used some of your "intelligence" and read the post that you quoted and looked at the date of the post you would have realized that the original poster was asking about a game style that is exactly what terminator is right now.
Haydena on Fri May 19, 2006 1:56 pm wrote:Such as "Domination" (Everyone is against each other and the last one standing gets points)...

Urrm, need a name for this one, but basically you get points for the players you kill, not for being the last player standing...

So, lets stop being a complete imbecile and actually read the entire post before we quote and bash it next time.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Androidz on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:33 am

Wow i dont like bumping. But seeing on the Lacks To Do list post there was a note to post new gameplays in any of the caterogies here to so here i go:

Bounty & Tags: New Gameplay Suggestions.

Tags:

This one will be aliveble to choose when you start the game (Standard, Terminator, Assasin, Tags, Bounty...)
Well one of the players start holding "The Bomb". After 5 rounds a bomb will be given to random player. He he need to conquer 3 Terriories of one of the enemies to deliver. If one player holds the bomb for more 1 round it explodes. And the player get elimnated. (Should only be allivable in 4p + Games) The Elimnated players points "Goes into the bomb" last player alive will recive the pot. This is not aliveable on Conquest map. The player which has lost 3 conteries in the same round will be the one next to hold the bomb.

Bounty:

a player holds the treasure for three rounds he wins. You could have it like assassin but with a twist ...where as the player with the bomb does not know what territory he has it on. He would only become aware of this territory when all the other players try to take that territory. When a player does eliminate the territory it would randomly go to any of his territories.
Private Androidz

Postby Visigoth on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:48 pm

i used to play with capital territories with my old buddies on the tabletop game, its something like assassin, quite fun if you ask me...
Major Visigoth

Postby edbeard on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:54 pm

instead of making a new thread, I'm bumping this one since it's linked from the official to-do list

I know people have suggested this before but I've never seen an official response to it (and I've actually looked for one somewhat extensively).

Single player games in doubles format.

Call it split-singles or something, but basically it'd be like a doubles game except one player controls a whole team.

Why? It'd allow players to enjoy the style of doubles games without needing a teammate. It'd add a new type of 1v1 game which players would probably find more enjoyable. 1/3 of the map wouldn't start as neutral. going first wouldn't be as big of an advantage.

Limitations? Probably should only be available in sequential
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Nephilim on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:44 am

that is a sweet idea! seriously, how many people out there actually consider a 1v1 battle to be indicative of ability? i know i don't.....too much is left up to chance with drop and first turn (there are many map-related factors, of course).....

i have actually seen people suggest facing off against each other in the way edbeard suggests, but each player would have to procure the use of a friend's account to make it work......and some folks think that's not exactly kosher. whatever you think about that, it is definitely more of a hassle than edbeard's simple, workable idea.

i love it! we could incorporate this style of 1v1 into clan battles, have faceoffs between the top 2 players on the board once every week or two, would make for a fabulous 1v1 tourney......the possibilities are endless!
Liberté, egalité, cash moné

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Captain Nephilim

Postby firstholliday on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:54 am

This sounds like the BOMB!!!

great idea!!!
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby David_Wain on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:08 am

Agreed, ive wanted this for a while... sure i love playing with my partners but this would ealot of fun also as its ur skills vs another whereas 1v1 atm can depend heavily on luck.

Please introduce this.
Captain David_Wain

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:13 am

sorry to bumb edbeards great idea. But i ive updated the Bounty and tags.

Tags:

This one will be aliveble to choose when you start the game (Standard, Terminator, Assasin, Tags And Bounty...)
Well one of the players start holding "The Bomb". After a player has lost 3 terretories on the same round the bomb will be "activated" and he will be given the bomb (This allow you some turns with bonus gatering). He need to conquer 3 Terriories of one of the enemies to deliver. If one player holds the bomb for more 1 round it explodes. And the player get elimnated. (Should only be allivable in 4p + Games) The Elimnated players points "Goes into the bomb" last player alive will recive the pot. This is not aliveable on Conquest map. The player which has lost 3 conteries in the same round will be the one next to hold the bomb. First round when the bomb is activated the player need only to conquer 1, Terretorie next player 2. And after that its 3 each time. Neatruals count as 1 Terretorie of any of the players. Conquering Neatruals only means bomb goes to a random player. You might be the one holding the bomb once again.

Team Tags:

Each team as one player starting with a bomb. Other than that it works as the general tags.

Bounty:

a player holds the "treasure" for three rounds he wins. You could have it like assassin but with a twist ...where as the player with the bomb does not know what territory he has it on. He would only become aware of this territory when all the other players try to take that territory. When a player does eliminate the territory it would randomly go to any of his territories.

Team Bounty:

One team start with one "treasure" each the enemy must cooperate and end both/All tree/four. The game wont end before both player of a team have hold their treasure long enough so when one of them did he will automaticly win even if he has been elimnated after that but wont gain points before his teammate has won aswell. If hes teamate has been elimnated the teamate must obtain the other lost treasure and hold that for 3 turns aswell. Other than that the same as "Bounty".
Last edited by Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Private Androidz

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:29 am

sounds interesting, but would need more specifics
General Blitzaholic

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:35 am

Blitzaholic wrote:sounds interesting, but would need more specifics

Updateded the Tags. Altough its pretty well specficed now? Could you tell me where the flaws is?
Private Androidz

Postby firstholliday on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:10 am

pretty sure blitz ment the 2/2=1/1idea.
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby jiminski on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:18 am

yeah nice idea!
- when will we be able to play it?
- do we have a time-frame yet?
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:19 am

firstholliday wrote:pretty sure blitz ment the 2/2=1/1idea.

ah kk:D my bad:(
Private Androidz

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions