The Citadel [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Citadel V22 (Pg1+24) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:57 pm

The same font on the rest of the map is the font on the legend. I don't see a need to change the legend.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: The Citadel V22 (Pg1+24) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:14 pm

TaCktiX wrote:The same font on the rest of the map is the font on the legend. I don't see a need to change the legend.


I don't think yeti is talking about the font, rather the drop shadow and colours?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Citadel V22 (Pg1+24) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:31 pm

The colors are identical to the base colors of all the continents, before the gradient is applied to them. That certainly doesn't need to change, though lessening the effect of the drop shadow on the large (where it's offset more) is a good idea.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: The Citadel V22 (Pg1+24) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Version 23

Updates
- Reduced the drop shadow length on the Large's legend to make it in keeping with the Small

Small (600x461)
Image
Large (700x538)
Click image to enlarge.
image


XML: http://www.sendspace.com/file/674rmm
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby yeti_c on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:47 am

Could we see a version without the drop shadow at all?

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby TaCktiX on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Alrighty, two options I have here. Version 24a is without any drop shadow AND a slightly lightened red on Avenue of Remembrance. Version 24b keeps the drop shadow and has only the slightly lightened red. Both are easily readable, but I think 24b looks better.

Version 24a
Image
Click image to enlarge.
image


Version 24b
Image
Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby RjBeals on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:48 pm

howabout instead of the drop shadow, just a really slight black outer glow? But of the 2 options above, I prefer B.
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby yeti_c on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:22 am

RjBeals wrote:howabout instead of the drop shadow, just a really slight black outer glow? But of the 2 options above, I prefer B.


Yes- I think that could do it - I do prefer B - but I think it does look a bit off considering the other text on the map has no drop shadow at all. -> In fact the Parade Deck text is also Legend text and has no Drop either (for obvious reasons).

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby yeti_c on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:45 pm

yeti_c wrote:
RjBeals wrote:howabout instead of the drop shadow, just a really slight black outer glow? But of the 2 options above, I prefer B.


Yes- I think that could do it - I do prefer B - but I think it does look a bit off considering the other text on the map has no drop shadow at all. -> In fact the Parade Deck text is also Legend text and has no Drop either (for obvious reasons).

C.


Just to enquire as to any answers to my post?

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby TaCktiX on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:13 pm

I'm stalling this map intentionally, as I need to clear the license of The Citadel (a fact I had overlooked until I found out the mere name is copyrighted). I was hoping to do so by being strangely quiet on my map's development, but hand hast been forcéd. That, and my hard drive reformatted itself again. I still have a source PSD, but bringing it back up to date with the present version may be a little difficult. :D
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby yeti_c on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:16 pm

TaCktiX wrote:I'm stalling this map intentionally, as I need to clear the license of The Citadel (a fact I had overlooked until I found out the mere name is copyrighted). I was hoping to do so by being strangely quiet on my map's development, but hand hast been forcéd. That, and my hard drive reformatted itself again. I still have a source PSD, but bringing it back up to date with the present version may be a little difficult. :D


What are the three rules of Development on PC's?

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby gimil on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:38 pm

yeti_c wrote:
TaCktiX wrote:I'm stalling this map intentionally, as I need to clear the license of The Citadel (a fact I had overlooked until I found out the mere name is copyrighted). I was hoping to do so by being strangely quiet on my map's development, but hand hast been forcéd. That, and my hard drive reformatted itself again. I still have a source PSD, but bringing it back up to date with the present version may be a little difficult. :D


What are the three rules of Development on PC's?

C.


Oh Oh Oh. I know

1. Backup
2. Backup
3. Backup
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby TaCktiX on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:41 pm

I have two backups. One is older than the nice trees and I have immediate access to it, and the other is hopefully on Gimil's computer.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby gimil on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:43 pm

TaCktiX wrote:I have two backups. One is older than the nice trees and I have immediate access to it, and the other is hopefully on Gimil's computer.


yeti what happens to anything I back up?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Citadel V23 (Pg1+25) [I,Gp,Gr,X]

Postby yeti_c on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 am

gimil wrote:
TaCktiX wrote:I have two backups. One is older than the nice trees and I have immediate access to it, and the other is hopefully on Gimil's computer.


yeti what happens to anything I back up?


It gets ******!! <edit: Mr B was here>

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login