Conquer Club

Divisions for the Scoreboard

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Divisions for the Scoreboard

Postby THE ARMY on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:55 pm

I know i have talked about this before, but i really want to see if it can happen.

I am proposing a split in the scoreboard. In other words have 2 divisions or more (even though 2 would be easiest and be good enough). Splitting the Scoreboard would:

A. Provide more Competition to reach the top of a Division - Having two Conquerers would lift heads and have people fighting for those spots.

B. Provide some relief - some people must feel helpless when looking at the scoreboard. A lot of our goals are to reach the top, or close to it, and splitting the scoreboard would make that goal seem more realistic.

C. Increase loyalty and patriotism towards CC - representing a division would give people something to be proud about when fighting and killing millions of troops to win a game.

You could have for an example an Axis division and an Allies division or good Empire vs. Bad Empire, those are just examples.

It will be tough to configure something like this but in the end it will win support and loyalty towards CC, which will then provide more economic insentives.
Major THE ARMY

Re: Divisions for the Scoreboard

Postby hecter on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:20 pm

So, like, how different online games have different worlds? You'd just pick which scoreboard you wanna be on? I don't like it...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Elucidate. I am not sure what this would solve, just based on your explanation.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby THE ARMY on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:33 pm

the players are randomly separated equally. this would put everyone closer to the top, making it seem like you are more important and be an incentive for more competition.
Major THE ARMY

Postby blakebowling on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 pm

What if there was a scoreboard within each clan, a scoreboard listing the clans (by average rank and points), and a scoreboard containing only the top user of each clan.
Private blakebowling

Postby Twill on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:30 am

I think the best idea so far was taking more of a ladder approach...

There's the one main scoreboard, but in addition there are ladders (separately for individuals and for clans) that are say "The Doubles Freestyle Unlimited" ladder or the "Singles No Card Terminator" ladder and you can just have matches count towards the ladder (they would all count towards your main scoreboard as well). That way you can get really good at one type of play and get to the top of that, even if you're stuck with a crap rank in the main scoreboard...

This was an outgrowth of the scoring ad-hoc we held a while ago, it's flexible, extensible and (hopefully) useful.

Twill
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:05 am

How many ladders was it suggested there could be?

Would there ever be a place for "Waterloo, 1v1, no cards, fog" for example?

Maps: 101 and counting
Turn order: 2
Cards: 3
Forts: 3
Fog: 2
Speed: 2
Gametypes / # players: (7 standard, 6 assassin, 6 terminator, 3 doubles, 1 triples, 1 quads)

Giving a current 58,176 options (and many many intermediary sets)

I'm guessing that if there is a minimum number of active players for a given ladder, then it remains active?
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby THE ARMY on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:11 am

you are right that is a lot of options. But you guys do like the idea of a split in the scoreboard somehow? It would be beneficial in many ways.
Major THE ARMY

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:05 pm

well if you ask me,i will only split in two scoreboard,like in tennis.
You have regular scoreboard,and month scoreboard,where everybody start with 0 points and colecting points for month winner,so we can in every month have winner,and he can get Month Winner MEdal. next month start all over again from 0.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:28 pm

qwert wrote:well if you ask me,i will only split in two scoreboard,like in tennis.
You have regular scoreboard,and month scoreboard,where everybody start with 0 points and colecting points for month winner,so we can in every month have winner,and he can get Month Winner MEdal. next month start all over again from 0.

you mean 1000, if everyone has 0, you can't loose or gain points
Private blakebowling

Postby spiesr on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:36 pm

No, he means you would gain and lose the same number of points you get from the regular board. It would just only show how many you got that month.
Captain spiesr

Postby hecter on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:36 pm

blakebowling wrote:
qwert wrote:well if you ask me,i will only split in two scoreboard,like in tennis.

you mean 1000, if everyone has 0, you can't loose or gain points

Just take it from the all time scoreboard...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:39 pm

by spiesr on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:36 pm

No, he means you would gain and lose the same number of points you get from the regular board. It would just only show how many you got that month.

right that ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:42 pm

my bad, I thought he meant scores would be calculated twice, but the gain/loss thing seems much better
Private blakebowling

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:53 pm

the current scoreboard is fine.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Twill wrote:I think the best idea so far was taking more of a ladder approach...

There's the one main scoreboard, but in addition there are ladders (separately for individuals and for clans) that are say "The Doubles Freestyle Unlimited" ladder or the "Singles No Card Terminator" ladder and you can just have matches count towards the ladder (they would all count towards your main scoreboard as well). That way you can get really good at one type of play and get to the top of that, even if you're stuck with a crap rank in the main scoreboard...

This was an outgrowth of the scoring ad-hoc we held a while ago, it's flexible, extensible and (hopefully) useful.

Twill

I like this idea, though it differs significantly from the original posted idea.

At a minimum, to have one for freestyle, one board for sequential and one for teams would be ideal. A singles might also be appropriate and perhaps one dedicated JUST to the classic game (since a lot of people specialize in just that map). I know folks would like to see all kinds of divisions, but it does not take long before there are just too too many scoreboards.

AND, I definitely would want it in addition to, not instead of the "regular" board.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Return to Archived Suggestions