Conquer Club

Start of FREEDOM TOWER.... replaces WTC.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby areon on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:17 pm

stinkycheese wrote:I don't quite understand the ideology that the "terrorists" would care if you built another building on the same spot. And if they did care why isn't it a success for the terrorists...we wasted 2 billion dollars and we show that we were affected by the attack so much that we build a memorial.

Although this may sound fucked up to some people...wouldn't ignoring everything that happened on 9/11 and going on with your lives show the "terrorists" that they didn't win?

You're right it's a shame. The people in Spain know how to do it right, everytime the Basques blow up something every village will hold parades and mock the terrorists. That seems a better way to show how powerless they are :roll: Really, you have a greater chance of dying in a car accident than getting killed in a terrorist attack.
"We spend as much effort on indifference as our parents spent in the war."

Wiesel and others fear this...
Private areon

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:10 pm

Yeah, I've been in a car accident (I survived btw), but never in a terrorist attack.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Stopper on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:11 pm

vtmarik wrote:EDIT: Oh God, I'm only gonna say this once. Global Warming is real, we've had oceans that cover the earth before (hence aquatic fossils in arizona), however it is a natural phenomenon and humans aren't the cause of it. We certainly aren't helping, but we also aren't making it much worse than it would be naturally. Let's just get over ourselves, we aren't so amazing that we could heat up an entire planet.

I'm curious to know what you base this on. I'm not surprised by anything that Christian evangelicals come out with - but I must say I'm surprised by you...
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:13 pm

I really think the best thing they could of done to honor the people who died was to make it a memorial park. It gives the terrorists less of a target it doesn't cost as much to build and who the hell cares about a building going up in New York when it's as common as seeds in an apple.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby sfhbballnut on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:23 pm

I like it, what an awesome piece of architecture and a great testament to the loss
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby Backglass on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:52 pm

strike wolf wrote:I really think the best thing they could of done to honor the people who died was to make it a memorial park. It gives the terrorists less of a target it doesn't cost as much to build and who the hell cares about a building going up in New York when it's as common as seeds in an apple.

Smack in the middle of the most valuable area of manhattan real estate? Never happen...the port authority makes way too much money off the lease.
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:08 pm

Yeah but there's nothing noteworthy about the tower.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby sfhbballnut on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:09 pm

its shiny :D
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby vtmarik on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:16 pm

Stopper wrote:I'm curious to know what you base this on. I'm not surprised by anything that Christian evangelicals come out with - but I must say I'm surprised by you...

Which, finding aquatic fossils on land or the fact that Global warming is a natural occurence.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby areon on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am

Nuclear radiation is a natural occurance but humans have a knack for producing it where it shouldn't be. If you want to prove that humans aren't involved then you will have to start by showing how carbon dioxide does not cause global warming and just correlates with rising temperatures. That will be very hard to do because we don't have 600 years to test any hypothesis. Then there are other factors that have to be accounted for like increases in water vapor.

We do have the capability to alter this planet, Louisiana is going to sink into the ocean if serious efforts aren't done to remove the silt in the Mississippi and rebuild the barrier islands. Many other environmental events can be traced to humanity.

Private areon

Postby vtmarik on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:05 am

areon wrote:Nuclear radiation is a natural occurance but humans have a knack for producing it where it shouldn't be. If you want to prove that humans aren't involved then you will have to start by showing how carbon dioxide does not cause global warming and just correlates with rising temperatures. That will be very hard to do because we don't have 600 years to test any hypothesis. Then there are other factors that have to be accounted for like increases in water vapor.

We do have the capability to alter this planet, Louisiana is going to sink into the ocean if serious efforts aren't done to remove the silt in the Mississippi and rebuild the barrier islands. Many other environmental events can be traced to humanity.

I never said that we weren't having an effect, I merely said that we aren't the root cause of it all. I said "We certainly aren't helping matters." The amount of impact that humanity is having on global warming is minuscule compared to the big picture. Global warming is a natural phenomenon, it isn't all caused by big bad Mankind.

I have an idea to help out New Orleans and surrounding areas, jack up the elevation. It worked in Galveston and that was in the early 1900s, surely we could do the same for those poor shmucks.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:49 am

jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
stinkycheese wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:No, but did 3000 people die, plus the casualties of the irrational war path we took afterwards?

So if more people die then more money is spent?

In our capitalistic society, yes.

Not sayin its right, but thats how it is.

This is also sort of America trying to say "f*ck you" to the terrorists.. by saying you can take our building but we'll waste all our fucking money building it back up.

Yeah its a waste of money to build a tower but we can waste it on continuing the "war on terror" which is an absolute FABRICATION to begin with. :roll:

FYP
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:21 am

vtmarik wrote: Global Warming is real, we've had oceans that cover the earth before (hence aquatic fossils in arizona), .

Yeah

No kidding

See Genesis

The Flood

:wink:

The rest of your edit I agree with too. Man is not causing what ever "global warming " that is going on, to happen. (Wow! You sounded a little like Rush Limbaugh for a second!)
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:25 am

reverend_kyle wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
stinkycheese wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:No, but did 3000 people die, plus the casualties of the irrational war path we took afterwards?

This is also sort of America trying to say "f*ck you" to the terrorists.. by saying you can take our building but we'll waste all our fucking money building it back up.

Yeah its a waste of money to build a tower but we can waste it on continuing the "Democratic agenda" which is an absolute FABRICATION to begin with. :roll:

FYP

The only agenda they have are higher taxes and bigger govornment. :roll:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby areon on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:12 pm

vtmarik wrote:I never said that we weren't having an effect, I merely said that we aren't the root cause of it all. I said "We certainly aren't helping matters." The amount of impact that humanity is having on global warming is minuscule compared to the big picture. Global warming is a natural phenomenon, it isn't all caused by big bad Mankind.

Have you ever taken a math that delt with looking at models like growth curves, it gets taught in some calculas classes. The point is that living systems usually follow something called a logistics curve that resembles exponential growth until it peaks.

Once the maximum carrying capacity is met it might look like a straight line but the numbers alternate between going up and down. These living systems balance themselves out and can be looked at for the population of one species, the carbon cycle, or the water cycle. Until the industrial revolution, the natural world had spent millions of years accumulating carbon into the ground and soaking into the oceans. It doesn't matter whether volcanoes put out more greenhouse gases than the whole human world has since the industrial revolution began, the amount may look insignificant but that is illusion. The carbon we dig up was removed from the system and unused, whereas all of these examples that people try to bring up to deflect the human impact were already being balanced by the world.

It doesn't matter if we release .2% or lower into the atmosphere. The question is how much we can release before the model gets broken and a new one replaces it. Hey it might be a good thing, maybe changing weather patterns will allow us to grow more crops. The "doom and gloom" message that Al Gore had in his movie about civilization falling was about this condition, could humanity learn to repopulate the world if the weather patterns change before massive starvation kicks in? The problem isn't about the Earth becoming inhabitable, it's about how much our societies and the natural world could cope with global changes.

I hope that clears it up some, there are a lot of misconceptions being thrown about by people who have no idea what is going on.

Private areon

Postby slash1890 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:17 pm

You're more likely to be hit by lightning than attacked by terrorists.
Corporal slash1890

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:04 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
stinkycheese wrote:

Yeah its a waste of money to build a tower but we can waste it on continuing the "George Bush" which is an absolute FABRICATION to begin with. :roll:

FYP

The only agenda they have are higher taxes and bigger govornment. :roll:

If dumbasses wouldnt quit going to war, and deficit spending in the hundred billions, we wouldnt need to raise taxes.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:23 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
stinkycheese wrote:

Not saying its right, but that's how it is.

Yeah its a waste of money to build a tower but we can waste it on continuing the "George Bush" which is an absolute FABRICATION to begin with. :roll:

FYP

The only agenda they have are higher taxes and bigger government. :roll:

If dumbasses wouldnt quit going to war, and deficit spending in the hundred billions, we wouldnt need to raise taxes.

Yes you would! To teach Billy has two Daddies or all of the other godless crap you guys try forcing on society!
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Backglass on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:21 am

jay_a2j wrote:Yes you would! To teach Billy has two Daddies or all of the other godless crap you guys try forcing on society!

And so it begins. SOURCES please? Who are "they" and where exactly is society being forced to teach "billy has two daddies"?

You can't just spout off without proof now jay! ;)
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.

Postby jay_a2j on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:23 am

Backglass wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Yes you would! To teach Billy has two Daddies or all of the other godless crap you guys try forcing on society!

And so it begins. SOURCES please? Who are "they" and where exactly is society being forced to teach "billy has two daddies"?

You can't just spout off without proof now jay! ;)

Grab a newspaper :roll:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Backglass on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:51 am

jay_a2j wrote:Grab a newspaper :roll:

Translation: "I have no proof".

No surprise really...it's more of the same ole, same ole.

Postby stinkycheese on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:54 am

Look, I can be smug too! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Drop the fuckin rolling eyes and winking smilies, they make you look even dumber when you lose an argument.
Captain stinkycheese

Postby jay_a2j on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:10 am

stinkycheese wrote:

Look, I can be smug too! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Drop the fuckin rolling eyes and winking smilies, they make you look even dumber when you lose an argument.

Well, we'll see when I actually lose one. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Mirak on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:01 pm

Didn't Jesus have two daddies? God and Joseph...or God and himself as he was the son and the father....
Captain Mirak

Postby Backglass on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:27 pm

Mirak wrote:

Didn't Jesus have two daddies? God and Joseph...or God and himself as he was the son and the father....

Blasphemy!!!! THATS DIFFERENT! :lol:

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,