Conquer Club

CC Mafia!

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CC Mafia!

Postby Skittles! on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:00 am

Alrighty. The mafia community is dying. Much like the rest of the forums at the moment, but it's mafia, and we cannot let that die, because it would just lose even more forum goers.

This is an advertisement thread, for CC mafia, obviously. Located in the sub-forum "mafia games", many of you may not of been in there before, or have any idea how mafia works.

To get an understanding, you can go here. Most "normal" games include the roles stated on that Newbie guide, except for the multiple families thing.
If you are too lazy to go to the website, just read these.
Basic Rules from MafiaWiki Newbie Guide wrote:In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases. Usually the first is Night. During Night, the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to murder. After the Moderator has received the name of the victim, the Moderator reveals the dead player, and Day begins.

During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it is once again Night.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

Basic Roles from MafiaWiki Newbie Guide wrote:The above suffices for a Vanilla game, but most games of mafiascum have roles other than just Mafia and Townie. These roles have additional abilities (which are usually used during the Night, though there are some Day abilities as well). The most common are listed here.

Cop - Each night, the Cop can investigate one player (by sending their name to the Moderator), and finds out whether that player is Mafia or not. The Cop is on the Town's side.

Doctor - Each night, the Doctor can choose one player to protect (by sending their name to the Moderator). If the Mafia (or anyone else) tries to kill that player, they will fail. The Doctor is on the Town's side.

Vigilante - Each night, the Vigilante may kill another player (by sending their name to the Moderator). The Vigilante is on the Town's side.

Mason - The Masons are a group on the Town's side who know each other and can talk to each other at Night.

Serial Killer - The Serial Killer (often abbreviated as SK), like the Vigilante, may kill another player each Night (by sending their name to the Moderator). However, the Serial Killer is not on the Town's side or the Mafia's side. The Serial Killer wins when everyone else is dead.

Multiple Families - Often there is more than one group of Mafia. These act independently of one another, and must kill the other group as well as the Town in order to win.

Roleblocker - Each night, the Roleblocker can choose a player. That player will be prevented from using his or her night choice, if they have one.

There are many variations on the above roles that will often appear in more complicated games; for more information, visit the Roles page.

The CC Mafia community enjoy spicing things up in their games though. Most have a theme, and most have twists in them. I think there is at least one "normal" game without twists at all times. If not, there should be. There should also be a Newbie C9 mafia in the sub-forum as well.

Most CC mafia community people are strange, twisted, too serious or laughed at. We're arrogant and we play hard. It's normally hard for newbies of Mafia to get in. Some games are invites only, making it even harder for newbies to be accepted into the community. Luckily, some mafia mods have decided to make a private forum dedicated to helping newbies of Mafia to get the hang of it. It's called the Yellow Submariners. To join, go to Control Panel > Usergroups > Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, and then click on "Yellow Submariners", and hit join!

So what are you waiting for? If you're interested and want to have a go at it, then go to Yellow Submariners, or ask for a Newbie C9 mafia thread to be started in the subforum.

R.A
Last edited by Skittles! on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Re: CC Mafia!

Postby Frop on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:14 am

You might want to entice the crowd by quickly explaining how it works and why it's really fun.

Wiki wrote:Mafia (also known as Werewolf or Assassin) is a party game modeling a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are secretly assigned roles: either "mafia", who know each other; or "townspeople", who know only the number of mafia amongst them. During the night phase of the game, the Mafia choose an innocent to kill. During the day phase, all players debate the identities of the Mafia and vote to kill someone whom the majority suspect. Players are eliminated until only innocents or mafia remain; the surviving side wins. Mafia is rarely played in groups of fewer than five, and must always start with more innocents than mafia.
Captain Frop

Postby Skittles! on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:18 am

Already did,
Basic Rules, from MafiaWiki Newbie Guide wrote:In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases. Usually the first is Night. During Night, the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to murder. After the Moderator has received the name of the victim, the Moderator reveals the dead player, and Day begins.

During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it is once again Night.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

I've got a link in the first post. Sorry if you did not notice that [no sarcasm intended].
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Frop on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 am

Skittles! wrote:I've got a link in the first post. Sorry if you did not notice that [no sarcasm intended].

I know you did, but lazy people want to read it here.
Captain Frop

Postby Skoffin on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:05 am

Why it's fun: You can kill people you don't like!
Plus you can argue with people as much as you like and later on claim "It's not my fault, I thought you were a bad guy!"
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby clapper011 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:26 am

moved, but leaving a shadow so they can still see it here ;)
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:27 am

What the hell? Don't move it here!!! No-one will see it here, thats the whole point of the thread!!

At least move to chatter box.
Captain nagerous

Postby clapper011 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:28 am

lol the shadow of this topic is still in gd ;) which is why i stated that i wasnt deleting the shadow of the topic :P

Postby browng-08 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:41 am

Right-o! Skittle's you're a good man for setting this up!
Join TODAY!
Corporal browng-08

Postby Dancing Mustard on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:41 am

MISHUN AKKUMPLISHED GAIS!!!!

Or not, as the case may be. For practical purposes, Shadow = Lock.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby ga7 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:51 am

Oh, where should I move a thread about advertizing mafia to the rest of the community? :idea: I know, the mafia subforum! #-o ](*,) ](*,) :roll:
That was well retarded :P
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Dancing Mustard on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 am

Yes, it was rather nonsensical, wasn't it?
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby clapper011 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:58 am

oh, good god people. the shadow topic stays in GD for all to see that frequent there. If they are interested they will see it and when they post to it , it will bring them here to see all the mafia games.

Postby Skoffin on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:05 am

clapper011 wrote:lol the shadow of this topic is still in gd ;) which is why i stated that i wasnt deleting the shadow of the topic :P

'Shadow' topics do not get bumped, do they? So shortly the thread will be buried anyway. So virtually, this thread aimed at reviving the mafia section has been rendered useless.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby animorpherv1 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:36 am

I was I going to sign up for this...

Skittles is right! We need some people to join CC MAFIA!

It's not hard, and we have a CC Newbies Club!
Cook animorpherv1

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 am

clapper011 wrote:oh, good god people. the shadow topic stays in GD for all to see that frequent there. If they are interested they will see it and when they post to it , it will bring them here to see all the mafia games.

clapper, shadow threads fall out of sight almost instantly. Seriously, moving the actual thread here would be like posting an advertisement of CC at www.conquerclub.com/ad. You can place links in various places to www.conquerclub.com/ad, where they may see said advertisement... but it's still very silly.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:30 pm

clapper011 wrote:moved, but leaving a shadow so they can still see it here ;)

So it can... drop off the page?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby william18 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Mafia is always good. Thats why it's been voted in the top 50 most cultural games internationally! Those people in the big chairs know what they're talking about. Come join!
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby william18 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Um clapper, can we have to actual thread in GD. The shadow is unbumpable!
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 pm

william18 wrote:Um clapper, can we have to actual thread in GD. The shadow is unbumpable!

ahhh, they are catching on!!!-0

p.s.-where'd my post in this thread go from the first page? sigh...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby FloresDelMal on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:05 pm

clapper011 wrote:moved, but leaving a shadow so they can still see it here ;)

Why is a problem have this thread where skittles meant to put it? what harm does there?
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:37 am

"The mafia community is dying?

Bollocks! I've been highly influential in bringing a new generation of new mafia players to the fore, most of which are in my current game. Not to mention most vets are still playing.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:32 pm

Minister Masket wrote:"The mafia community is dying?

Bollocks! I've been highly influential in bringing a new generation of new mafia players to the fore, most of which are in my current game. Not to mention most vets are still playing.

The number of players is still lower than what it was in the glory days.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby ga7 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 pm

The more cosmopolitan of us should add this thread in their sig and promote Mafia to clan members...
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby militant on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:51 pm

ga7 wrote:The more cosmopolitan of us should add this thread in their sig and promote Mafia to clan members...

I have, I am going to get a cool image soon too! :D
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions