Conquer Club

[GO] Unrated, Unranked, or No Points Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:05 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:A while ago, an Unranked Games Option was discussed, but Lack filed it under Rejected. But perhaps you can get some sway and momentum here.

--Andy

Damn, I thought I had one. :cry:
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby fore on Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:26 am

Where do you learn the game then?
Where do you learn the game interface?

When it comes to rating. Rated players benefit too much from playing against newcommers that do not know the game and/or GUI. A solution could be that newcomers get their first rating after x number of games. Thereafter ratings should be recalculated or a more easy approach. Games against unrated players are unrated but used to calculate the newcomers rating after x games. Using the technical easy approach will drive new users to the site and drive rated players to play against newcomers since they have a play4fun option.

This has been written without even playing a single game!
(Where should I learn the game)
Maybe I am misunderstanding/mixing up rating and ranking?
(In chess we use ratings)
New Recruit fore

Practice Arena

Postby AAFitz on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:16 pm

I would love an area i could go and play much lower ranks...or much higher just for fun

win lose...no change in score...cheating is irrelevant for the most part

i can play my dad in 30 games at a time, and not care...

generals can play their favorite or most persistant noobie without shelling out 100 points at a time

i imagine its some work, and im not complaining how its settup now, but It really would make those games just fun

and i know noobie section has been discussed, and im sure it could be integrated with this...
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:45 pm

that is a great idea!
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby nyg5680 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:45 pm

not a bad idea but would prob take up a lot of space
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:59 pm

Then why not just eliminate the point system all together? That would take care of some people creating multi accounts for points.

If protecting the points are that important only play higher ranked players. Why should lower ranked players be expected to support a system that is in favor of higher ranked players. If the system was ok when higher ranked players were climbing the ranks why is it considered broken now?

I don't like to lose any more than the next person but lets just play the game. I start a public games and let anyone join, if they are new and I lose good for them.

Lets play the game for fun.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby nyg5680 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:01 pm

^^^ he makes a rly good arguement
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby joeyjordison on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:10 pm

nah points should stay and i don't just say that coz i'm a major. a leaderboard is just natural for a site like this.

however i really like the idea no points games and hav voted for them before i think although i can't find the thread. it would b a simple option, just add points or no points played for option.

another thing that would b interestin that has been discussed before is stakes. u could stake 2 times the usual amount of points on a game or stake a straight 100 points. wat u think of that? personally i think it is unnescessary but just thought i would say as it lead on nicely
Major joeyjordison

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:17 pm

joeyjordison I see you are doing a good job of protecting your points right now.

Why is a new player not worth risking your points? If the higher ranking players are ranked that high because of their skill what are they afraid of?

Don't new players deserve the same chance to advance as you did?
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby AAFitz on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:27 pm

you do have a point

however, some people want rank, we will all know what the rank signifies...we can look at the games and know how they got the rank, so one major can be ten times as good as another...so the rank is somewhat arbitrary

for example...my rank is currently higher than firesides...fireside plays tons of games that are risky for points, but he beats me every time....i havent played him a lot, but he is clearly my better right now...so im not fooling anyone...

if i go play 200 practice games and lose every one...then play one 6 player and win, my score goes up 100 points...but...you can check my games to see that its not 100 percent accurate

but who cares...im not fooling anyone ...if i want points i risk them...if i dont...i can just play for fun

there is a downside and there will always be complaints....general one...lost 100 private games, and won 5 regular this month...but who cares...if i stay at home and play 100 games on the board, and ask lack for 1000 points he will probably say no....if not let me know lack

i propose the practice arena, and will donate another premium payment to help...its not much...but its a start...and i respect those who put their money where their mouth is...

Postby Telvannia on Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:07 am

i think you add an option to the game
points or no points
that give you a way to play around with risking points and if their are no points at risk in these games multis wont join them giving us multi-free games
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:39 am

Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:40 am

I still think it's a good Idea but we play the game for fun so :roll: Rank doesn't matter.

Then It means I can play FP without losing 6 points a match actually it's gone down to 5 lol
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby AAFitz on Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:18 pm

sorry for brining it up again...i searched but didnt find it, but I still do happen to love the idea

but i have no problems with the way it is...but man i would love it

i would instantly set up 30 games with my dad, and have a blast

wouldnt care about getting accused of cheating, losing hundreds of points...just focused on well...killing my dads little numbers....

its amazing how fun that is

Postby dugcarr1 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:55 pm

great idea bud....

WE NEED A FUCKING CHANGE... i herd the bosses have somthing in the works,,,, what is it guys?,,,, im kinda getting a chub thinking about it
Captain dugcarr1

Postby qeee1 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:58 pm

I don't know if I've chimed in before in another thread, but in other online games I've seen allowing non-ranking deciding games has led to most people not playing ranking games, and ranking games becoming soley the persuit of experts, and the occasional unaware noob.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:08 pm

i do think there would have to be a limited number available...20 or 30 per month..or something like that...or you are right...but i still think most people would play for points...i think maybe the worst players may opt for friendly games where there was no score, no(less)drama, less cheating...and like i say...i could play my dad

Unrated option

Postby WarRat on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:00 am

I would like the option of unrated games. Maybe private games could have that option? Also, I would like people on my ignore list to be unable to join a public game that I start. I'm new so maybe the latter suggestion is in place. Nobody on my list yet :shock:

Regards

:oops: I clicked on "My Ignore List" and the "latter" suggestion is indeed already in place. Boy is my rat-face red :oops:
Sergeant 1st Class WarRat

Non rated games

Postby kev82 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:49 pm

As somebody suggested in another thread(link below), would it be possible to add an option to play games that don't effect rating.

Thanks

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=269094
Sergeant 1st Class kev82

Postby hawkeye on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:46 pm

If theres already a thread for it, don't make another one!
Cook hawkeye

Postby Aegnor on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:46 am

Can a mod please explain why this was rejected? Do you oppose the general idea of friendly games, or is it technically impossible to implement?
"War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left" -Anonymous
Corporal Aegnor

Postby mibi on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:02 am

this would also be useful for people who want to try out new and different maps without worrying that some ridiculous game play will wreak havoc on their score.
Captain mibi

no point games

Postby ffgamer9 on Thu May 10, 2007 2:03 am

Suggestion Idea: an option to make a game where no points are exchanged

Specifics: no points would be exchanged, no points lost or won

Why it is needed: i think it would be fun to have, like if you have a friend who you know would just slaughter you and you just want to play for fun. also good for new recruits who don't have a clue. and for games where you're just messing around an build up as many armies as possible with someone (http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=391172 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Priority** (1-5): 4
Private 1st Class ffgamer9

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Thu May 10, 2007 3:17 am

JUST GO PLAY RISK THEN
It's your turn...................................
Sergeant LLLUUUKKKEEE

Postby ffgamer9 on Thu May 10, 2007 3:21 am

LLLUUUKKKEEE wrote:JUST GO PLAY RISK THEN

it's just a suggestion. thus why this is the suggestions forum. and fine, i'll go play risk, i'll just draw my own middle earth or space or USA map and pull out all the tiny little pieces and cards and lug all that over to my friends house. thanks for the suggestion, i think i'll do that tomorrow.
Private 1st Class ffgamer9

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions