- Farming is almost universally looked down upon on this site. Multiple suggestions have been made to alter the scoring system to discourage farming to no avail. Limiting the privileges of new recruits has also been suggested. I say instead on focusing on the large population of new recruits we focus on the small (and known) population of farmers. Known farmers should not be allowed to join games that have a new recruit in them nor should new recruits be allowed to join games started by known farmers.
- Identify known farmers (Maxatstuy, King Herpes, Rabbiton, anyone in the Farmer's Guild, etc.)
- Automagically prevent them from joining games with at least 1 new recruit
- Automagically prevent new recruits from joining games started by known farmers
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Known farmer's can no longer profit from new recruit deadbeats
- New recruits are more likely to get a positive experience instead of feeling used by some player that has been with so many other new recruits
- Farmers are correctly identified as the cancerous entities they are
Post Sug. Preaching
If everyone feels that farmers do more damage than good to the site then they should be addressed directly. Why beat around the bush and turn things upside down for everyone? Just limit what farmers can do, discriminate against them, everyone already thinks they're second class, so treat them like it. If the damage that admins/mods claim that farmers do is accurate then the cost of driving them away will be offset by many happy returning new recruits.