Last Chance Saloon Round:
show

Quarter-Finals:
show

Semi-Finals:
show

Reserves Play-Offs:
show
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Mon May 11, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 133 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

European Freestyle King of Europe - Overview

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 pm

This tournament is pre-cursor to a potential Freestyle World Championship with regional qualifying groups.

Similar to the 'American Leader' tournament, this tournament is only open to Europeans.

With Europeans playing others from a similar time zone on a freestyle basis, players hopefully have several turns each day (at least one). :D =D> No waiting half a week for a go. :roll:

There are 42 players.

Players will be informed when they have a game and will have 60 hours to join (less for reserves,to speed things up). If they fail to do so then they will be ejected from the tournament and a reserve will replace them (or if no reserves are left then, or we have progressed to quarter-finals or beyond, then the game will be re-set up with those players that have joined).

Every player plays at least 2 games.

Games are 6-player (unless players are missing - see above).
Conditions: Standard, Freestyle, Flat Rate Spoils, Adjacent Fortifications, Fog of War On.

Maps: Various Europe maps - see below.

First Round - 42 players. Europa Map. There are seven 6-player games. The winner and last to be eliminated progress to the Quarter-Finals (where they will play players from other games). The other 4 players from each game play in the last Chance Saloon Round (where they play players from other games).

Last Chance Saloon Round - 28 players. Europa Map. There are five 5 or 6-player games. The winner and last to be eliminated progress to the Quarter-Finals.

Quarter Finals - 24 players. There are four 6-player matches. Each match consists of 2 games - first game on Alexander's Empire Map, second game on Europe Map. The winner of each game scores 4 points, second (last to be eliminated) scores 2 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) scores 1 point. In each 2-game match, the three players with most points from the 2 games progress to the Semi-Finals. In the event of players having equal points, the player(s) scoring most points in the second game progress(es).

Semi-Finals - 12 players. There are two 6-player matches. Each match consists of 2 games - first game on Ancient Greece Map, second game on Europe Map. The winner of each game scores 4 points, second (last to be eliminated) scores 2 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) scores 1 point. In each 2-game match, the three players with most points from the 2 games progress to the Finals. In the event of players having equal points, the player(s) scoring most points in the second game progress(es).

Final - 6 players. The Final will be a 3-game series - first game on Imperium Romanium Map, second game on WWII Western Front Map, third game on Europa Map. In the first two games, the winner of each game scores 4 points, second (last to be eliminated) scores 2 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) scores 1 point. In the third game the winner scores 6 points, second (last to be eliminated) scores 3 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) again scores 1 point.

The player with the most points from the 3-game final is crowned King of Europe.

In the event of players having equal points, there is a play-off on the Europe map.

Results will naturally be posted on here.

The tournament looks like this (after the draw):

Click image to enlarge.

Player List
show
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:07 am, edited 64 times in total.

Re: Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (1/42) (Singles)

Postby paulgamelb on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Count me in.
Captain paulgamelb

Re: Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (1/42) (Singles)

Postby hammer1967 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Count me in mate!
Cadet hammer1967

Re: Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (3/42) (Singles)

Postby The Chosen on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 am

DJ Teflon wrote:Semi-Finals - 12 players. There will two 6-player matches. Each match will consist of 2 games - first game on Ancient Greece Map, second game on Rail Europe Map. The winner of each game will score 4 points, second (last to be eliminated) will score 2 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) will score 1 point. In each 2-game match, the three players with most points from the 2 games will progress to the Finals. In the event of players having equal points, the player(s) scoring most points in the second game will progress .

Rail Europe! What a terrible map... and for that reason - I'm Out. :|

TC :ugeek:
Major The Chosen

Re: Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (3/42) (Singles)

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:17 pm

If anyone else thinks Rail Europe would be a total nightmare then we can swap it for the Europe map. Let me know.

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (3/42)

Postby aniximo on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:25 pm

im in if you change the map
Sergeant 1st Class aniximo

Postby sportyspider on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:37 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:This tournament will be a pre-cursor to a potential Freestyle World Championship with regional qualifying groups.

Similar to the 'American Leader' tournament, this tournament is only open to Europeans.

With Europeans playing others from a similar time zone on a freestyle basis, players can hopefully have several turns each day (at least one). :D =D> No waiting half a week for a go. :roll:

There will be 42 players. If we do not have 42 (but have more than 24) by 30 November we will start with the number of players we have and adjust qualifications accordingly (so that more players qualify from each round). If we do not have 24 by 30 November then we will wait until we do and start from the Quarter-Final stage.

Players will be informed when they have a game and will have 60 hours to join. If they fail to do so then they will be ejected from the tournament and the game will be re-set up with those players that have joined.

Every player will play at least 2 games.

Games will be 6-player (unless players are missing - see above).
Conditions: Standard, Freestyle, Flat Rate Spoils, Adjacent Fortifications, Fog of War On.

Maps: Various Europe maps - see below (feel free to suggest any others if there are any).

First Round - 42 players. Europa Map. There will seven 6-player games. The winner and last to be eliminated will progress to the Quarter-Finals (where they will play players from other games). The other 4 players from each game will play in the last Chance Saloon Round (where they will play players from other games).

Last Chance Saloon Round - 28 players. Europa Map. There will five 5 or 6-player games. The winner and last to be eliminated will progress to the Quarter-Finals.

Quarter Finals - 24 players. There will four 6-player matches. Each match will consist of 2 games - first game on Alexander's Empire Map, second game on Europe Map. The winner of each game will score 4 points, second (last to be eliminated) will score 2 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) will score 1 point. In each 2-game match, the three players with most points from the 2 games will progress to the Semi-Finals. In the event of players having equal points, the player(s) scoring most points in the second game will progress.

Semi-Finals - 12 players. There will two 6-player matches. Each match will consist of 2 games - first game on Ancient Greece Map, second game on Rail Europe Map. The winner of each game will score 4 points, second (last to be eliminated) will score 2 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) will score 1 point. In each 2-game match, the three players with most points from the 2 games will progress to the Finals. In the event of players having equal points, the player(s) scoring most points in the second game will progress .

Final - 6 players. The Final will be a 3-game series - first game on Imperium Romanium Map, second game on WWII Western Front Map, third game on Europa Map. In the first two games, the winner of each game will score 4 points, second (last to be eliminated) will score 2 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) will score 1 point. In the third game the winner will score 6 points, second (last to be eliminated) will score 3 points and third (second-last to be eliminated) will again score 1 point.

The player with the most points from the 3-game final will be crowned King of Europe.

In the event of players having equal points, there will be a play-off on the Europe map.

Corporal sportyspider

Postby sportyspider on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:38 pm

hi yep i'm in
Corporal sportyspider

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (5/42)

Postby 3hats on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 pm

count me in buddy
Captain 3hats

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (6/42)

Postby Fixit Fred on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:00 pm

DJ,

count me in too.
Lieutenant Fixit Fred

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (6/42)

Postby fidelx on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:01 pm

I want to Sign In! Thanks!

:-)
Lieutenant fidelx

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (8/42)

Postby Tommy Atkins on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Yes please!
Major Tommy Atkins

Postby xabigerrard on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 pm

I'll play. :P :P :P
Captain xabigerrard

Postby MacDiggity on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Count me in too!!! Sounds Good
Sergeant 1st Class MacDiggity

Postby didi2606 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Sounds Nice count me in :D
Like to play
Private 1st Class didi2606

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (12/42)

Postby Tarantio1 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:36 pm

if we get mails when games are id be well up for it, im a little absent minded thats why i ask, if we do, then please count me in. :)
Cook Tarantio1

Postby BMCL on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:37 pm

You bet dude... Portugal, sign me up
Cook BMCL

Postby Guderian09 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm

I m in good idea DJ
Sergeant 1st Class Guderian09

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (15/42)

Postby Arrakis on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:01 pm

i'm in :)
Corporal 1st Class Arrakis

Postby Tupence on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:21 pm

I'm in please
Private Tupence

Postby geoff martinez on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:22 pm

i'd like in please
Corporal 1st Class geoff martinez

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (18/42)

Postby abraxamian on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 pm

i am in
Cook abraxamian

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (19/42)

Postby atlantic909 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:07 pm

I will play. thanks for the invite
Corporal atlantic909

Re: European Freestyle King of Europe - Starts 30 Nov (19/42)

Postby gorrax on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:14 am

count me in

sounds fun

:)
Private gorrax

Next

Return to Completed 2009