[Abandoned] - Snowfight

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

WHAT SHOULD THIS MAPS GAMEPLAY BE? Dogs and Snowmen remain in all versions.

Poll ended at Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm

1. Open assault - snowmakers assault team throwers; throwers assault other throwers with arms only (v10)
25%
2. Open assault - snowmakers assault team throwers; throwers assault other throwers with body added
35%
3. Adjacant assault - snowmakers assault team throwers; throwers assault adjacent throwers (V11)
15%
4. Adjacent assault - snowmakers assault team throwers; throwers assault adjacent throweers with body added
No votes
5. Opposite assault - snowmakers assault team throwers; throwers from one side assault opposite side arms only
10%
6. Opposite assault - snowmakers assault team throwers; throwers from one side assault opposite side with body added
10%
7. Other - please explain.
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: SNOWFIGHT V5 (P3) Legend/Bonus Discussions

Postby mibi on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:46 pm

some people are missing hands
Captain mibi

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5)
General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 pm

TaCktiX wrote:...
i like the concept, but with 3v5 won't that make one side unbalanced and give someone unfair unadvantage.

We could always have a team moved around to the right side, shrink the tree on the far left, and have the road come at a more drastic angle toward the bottom of the map.

Mmmm not ann option i was considering.
Will it still be unbalanced if it stays as is though ?
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:50 pm

mibi wrote:some people are missing hands

Yeh thanks mibi :) i noticed.
I have finished all that drawing until we get some gameplay out of the way.
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm

MrBenn wrote:[Advanced Draft]

Thanks Mr Benn. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby studlymcgee on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:49 pm

To tell the truth i dont think i would play this map...
New Recruit studlymcgee

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:07 pm

studlymcgee wrote:To tell the truth i dont think i would play this map...

So what's the reason?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Tweakers12 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:24 pm

nice start but to me the yellow text is a little challenging to read.
Sergeant 1st Class Tweakers12

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:31 pm

Tweakers12 wrote:nice start but to me the yellow text is a little challenging to read.

OK i can fix that :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Jumentum on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 pm

the trees dont really fit with the cartoonish scene. and the people could maybe look more artsy rather than like south park?

or make the whole thing look like that.
Corporal 1st Class Jumentum

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:24 am

Jumentum wrote:the trees dont really fit with the cartoonish scene. and the people could maybe look more artsy rather than like south park?

if you have artistry in mind, then perhaps you'd like to tackle this suggestion of yours. perhaps you could show me what you want.
i will draw the map and characters to the best of my abilities :) and perhaps you won't get the outcome you like.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby e_i_pi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:25 am

I'm finding the team names a bit difficult read. The 'e' and the 'a' aren't ideally legible at that point size. Maybe up it by 1-2 point sizes, or maybe have the light source for the drop shadow at northwest instead of west?
Captain e_i_pi

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

Postby Machee on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:20 am

Looks great! Original too! =D> Can't wait to play :D
Sergeant 1st Class Machee

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: SNOWFIGHT V7

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Machee wrote:Looks great! Original too! =D> Can't wait to play :D

Thanks Machee :)

e_i_pi wrote:I'm finding the team names a bit difficult read. The 'e' and the 'a' aren't ideally legible at that point size. Maybe up it by 1-2 point sizes, or maybe have the light source for the drop shadow at northwest instead of west?

What do you mean the team names?

Jumentum wrote:the trees dont really fit with the cartoonish scene. and the people could maybe look more artsy rather than like south park?

What's wrong with having a mixture of both? Some art looks really great mixed up with styles. Everything doesn't have to be in one style.

Corporal cairnswk

Re: SNOWFIGHT V7 (P4) Gameplay?

Postby MrBenn on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:07 pm

It is only appropriate that the first of the Christmas Stamps goes to a Christmassy map...
Onwards and upwards!
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: SNOWFIGHT V7 (P4) Gameplay?

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 pm

MrBenn wrote:It is only appropriate that the first of the Christmas Stamps goes to a Christmassy map...
Onwards and upwards!

That was most unexpected. Thanks Mr Benn, :)
Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box