Conquer Club

SUGGESTION - Reformat of "Freestyle" turn play.

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

SUGGESTION - Reformat of "Freestyle" turn play.

Postby j35t3r.us on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Very interesting. New to the site, and have already noticed something quite odd.

In Freestyle play order, you cannot go first if went last on the previous round. This is fair so you cannot take countries, and go first to claim the bonuses. The website LOCKS your turn until someone else takes theirs right? WRONG. The website only locks your turn until someone else BEGINS their turn! You can take your turn last, and sit there clicking refresh until someone clicks: "begin turn." At which point, if you are fast enough, you can take your turn(collect units, deploy units and reinforce etc etc) BEFORE anyone else gets to do anything. You can see that this is the reason why the rule was implemented in the first place.

Granted (before I go into this any further), I will admit, I know "Freestyle" play is not an original and solid play-style, mainly used for fun. But still, in order to keep the way it was designed balanced, I propose the following:

CHANGE NOTHING in the way Freestyle turn order is played, just IMPLEMENT THE RULE that is already described in the Freestyle Rules. Simply LOCK the turn of the player who took the last turn in the previous round until at least one person COMPLETELY finishes his or her turn. A player must hit: "End Reinforcements" in-order for the previous round's Last-Turn-Taker to unlock his/her turn.

Is this not the essence of the rule? Making sure someone cannot take two turns in a row? The way it is now, you can. Thanks.
Lieutenant j35t3r.us

Re: SUGGESTION - Reformat of "Freestyle" turn play.

Postby redhawk92 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:06 pm

what you have described would be seq in a 2 player game :lol:

where the hell did this come from the idea is shit
Captain redhawk92

Postby j35t3r.us on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:08 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:what you have described would be seq in a 2 player game :lol:

where the hell did this come from the idea is shit

What you have described would be classic asshattery and the instant flaming against a new member(or anyone for that matter) is against forum rules. Don't be a dick...

Currently, in Freestyle turn play, you can take TWO TURNS IN A ROW... Take your turn last, and wait until someone STARTS THEIR TURN. Then you take your turn since your "begin turn" button unlocks as soon as someone else "clicks start."
Lieutenant j35t3r.us

Postby hecter on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:13 pm

You haven't played very many freestyle games either... You can take two turns in a row by simply not ending your turn. If your the last person to go, just let the clock run out and then you can take your turn again. I think that's a bigger issue than what you're talking about.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby j35t3r.us on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:17 pm

hecter wrote:You haven't played very many freestyle games either... You can take two turns in a row by simply not ending your turn. If your the last person to go, just let the clock run out and then you can take your turn again. I think that's a bigger issue than what you're talking about.

Thanks for adding to my side of the argument, in a different way ;p

That issue would be fixed along with the one I described by implementing what I proposed.

PS, wtf does I haven't played many freestyle games either mean? Is everyone on these forums a dick? Imma go cry now.
Lieutenant j35t3r.us

Postby hecter on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:02 pm

j35t3r.us wrote:PS, wtf does I haven't played many freestyle games either mean?

Well, you just said that kyle hasn't played many freestyle games, but you're complaining about something that's a bit of a non-issue... Part of the fun of speed-freestyle is waiting for your opponent to start their turn so you can go as quickly as you can to get your armies. I really wouldn't like it if I couldn't do that anymore... Getting rid of the "Run out of time and get another turn" thing would be cool though.
j35t3r.us wrote: Is everyone on these forums a dick?

No, just most of us :)
j35t3r.us wrote:Imma go cry now.

Have fun!
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:10 pm

PS, wtf does I haven't played many freestyle games either mean? Is everyone on these forums a dick? Imma go cry now.

Hectar wasn't being a dick, you obviously haven't played many freestyle games, as you are complaining about something that was built into the site in a specific way. There are lots more tricks to Freestyle, try playing a team game in Freestyle and see what happens!

Give yourself some time around here, complete 20 or so games, then review what you have learned. Then, review the forum guidelines.

If you are struggling to find that link it is on the top of every forum page. Here is an important piece of advice:

The Guidelines wrote:The “l337” poster knows to ask himself/herself 3 basic questions before pressing the all powerful “submit” button:

One: Is my post really necessary or is it just mental diarrhea?
Two: Am I trolling or feeding a troll?
Three: Really?

This last question should be asked at least twice but is often ignored because everyone likes to think that they are saying something ground breaking when in fact “GFYS muthafugging azzhole” and “you suck dick” are in fact not new and the only thing they will break is your reputation.

Number three applies here. Are you saying something ground breaking, or is this something almost everyone else here already knows?

Now, if we take your suggestion seriously, let's think for a minute: If you can't go until someone else COMPLETES there move, what is to stop them from taking too long for you to complete your own move? Now, going last in a round is basically resigning yourself to missing your next turn entirely.

Finally, please use the proper form when posting in this board. Suggs and Bugs (that's this one) has a specific format. So do Cheating and Abuse, and the Create/Join Clan, and the Create/Join Tournaments, and a host of others.

You have been treated fairly and generously. Please read the FAQ and Forum Guidelines. People are generally willing to help here, they just don't always use pleasantries. That is what Hectar was doing. Also, if you want to be treated seriously and nicely, do everyone else the favor and following the rules and guidelines.

Thank you, and good luck at your games on CC and the Forums.
-Snowman

*EDIT: Was fastposted by Hectar, but what I said also still applies. Also, I don't count ANY completed Freestyle games on your profile...
Private SuicidalSnowman

Return to Archived Suggestions