Imperium Romanum [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Imperium Romanum [Quenched]

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:32 am

by ironbuttaxe on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:44 am

I like this map, i like the idea of controlling the cities rather than territories, it makes a change. One suggestion though, as Rome is the centre of the empire both administratively and symbolically, it should be a MUCH bigger prize to gain and hold. I'd say you should get a bonus of say, 4 to hold Rome. At the moment it's not worth the sacrifice. It should be something worth fighting for.

Also, I prefer maps with more space than fancy graphics, so you can concentrate on the field of play, but I realise that's just a personal preference.

Well i spend more time to map be balanced,so if someon manage to hold Rome,then he will be in big advantage over other players,if i add +4 for 1 territory.
every thing in map must apply CC standards,and these mean that Graphic also must be in aceptabile level in CC. These is historical map,and all provinces is historical correct, and that why some territory is biger and some territory is small.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby ironbuttaxe on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:45 am

But a player should have a big advantage in holding Rome, Rome should be worth fighting for, that would be more historically accurate. And so you would have a game that was different in two ways - the city states bonus, and the ultimate city state bonus - very interesting.
Captain ironbuttaxe

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:06 pm

by ironbuttaxe on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:45 pm

But a player should have a big advantage in holding Rome, Rome should be worth fighting for, that would be more historically accurate. And so you would have a game that was different in two ways - the city states bonus, and the ultimate city state bonus - very interesting.

We must think abouth map balance-if you play 1v1 and you take Roma,then these map will not longer been balanced,because every player who take roma will be in big advantage,and will won game.+4 for one territory its to much,and if you add +1 for Cohorts these give you a +5 for part of map who you need to defend only with one territory. These bonuses will be to much,and map will be unbalanced.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Floppie on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:58 pm

I've encountered a serious problem on this map. I just deployed 23 units onto Italia with two enemy territories bordering it, and I'm told I can't make any attacks.
Sergeant Floppie

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:37 pm

You must provide game numbers to see what is wrong. ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Incandenza on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:55 am

Floppie wrote:I've encountered a serious problem on this map. I just deployed 23 units onto Italia with two enemy territories bordering it, and I'm told I can't make any attacks.

Game 3655963 It's because you dropped your armies on your teammate, which was pointed out in game chat and should have been perfectly obvious. User error.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby Qwert on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:21 am

I see,well next time be careful when you deploy troops. ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby paulk on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:12 pm

It's a nice map, but the game play is not working as intended.

I am involved in game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=3905243 and as anyone can see the game is half way through, but so far only 1 of the ships have been conquered and the wolves and the Roma bonus (the Roma Defence Incert) has been totally untouched.

I believe that this is because the neutrals are too many. If they were 1 instead of 3 it could be worth attacking them to gain more territories (and ultimately bonuses) but for the cost of 3 I will not do it.

So my suggestion is to change the neutrals on the ships and the wolves from 3 to 1. I know the map is quenched, but I think this should be done anyway.
Major paulk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:27 am

these 4 territory worth 2-and have great defence-only one territory.
3 is normal number of army on begining,and everybody have same number of army.
Ships wort even more-4 ships 4 army.
If i put 1 neutral,then everybody will in start have great chance to get these bonuses(expecialy Cohort bonuses who is easy to defend),and who first take Roma and cohort will have big advantage-expecialy in 1v1 games.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby paulk on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Some reduction of the number of armies on the bonuses should be done, since otherwise the bonuses are not worth attacking.

This is my suggestion:
The towns/banners are the only ones that in my opinion should start with 3 starting neutrals, as it currently is.
I think 1 neutral is a good start for the ships, since you have to hold 4 out of 7 ships to get the bonus of 4. It is not that easy to hold 4 ships one round.
Or you could change the bonus to be 2 for every 3 ships. Or a combination of 2 for 3 and 4 for 4, even though I personally think a combination would be bad gameplay.
Since 3 wolves only are worth 1 bonus, that should in my opinion also only be 1 neutral. As it is you have to fight 9 neutrals to get 1 bonus. A cost that statistically will take 9 rounds to get paid back, and there is no critical need to go through/conquer those.
If you get the town as well, that is a cost of 12, (or 15, since you have to conquer Italy as well,) for a bonus of 2, with only one point to defend, as you said. So then the payback will be taking 6-8 rounds.
One option could be to make the first wolf 1, the second 2 and the third 3 before Roma - starting with 3 neutrals.
Major paulk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby paulk on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:22 am

no response?
Major paulk

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:38 am

What responde you want? These map is very good balanced,and every body start equal, if in any case these been like you say,then in some player option(1v1) player who start with army who is close to Italy will have advantage over player who dont start close to prevent that,Also in doubles,team who start close to italy will also have advantage.
Present gameplay dont give nobody any advantage.
As concern ships,again someon will have privilege to start in possition who not defend shops with neutrals(Brittania defend ships,Ittaly defend ships,Aegyptus defend ships),and some people will start in Moesia Inferior,Mauretania Caesariensis,Germania Inferior,Bithynia et Pontus, and these people will have exclusive advantage to in start game can attack territory who have only one neutral,and what with these player who dont have there right?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby HungrySomali on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 am

I have never seen anyone get the ships bonus in any game I have played on this map. I think the problem is with needing to get 4 of them. They are just too spread out for that to be a viable strategy. If I had my way, they would just be a straight 1 for 1 or at most 2 for 2. Assuming you have armies close enough to 4 ships to even consider it, to get this bonus you have to kill 12 Neutrals. Thats 12 armies that dont affect your opponents strength in any way and do nothing but weaken you. I think you need to take a look at all the bonuses on this map. I have played 5 or 6 games on this map and so far I think I've only ever seen anyone get the Civitas Romanum and Rome bonuses. I dont play 1v1 and dont think the game should be balanced toward 1v1.
Corporal HungrySomali

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:49 pm

I have played 5 or 6 games on this map and so far I think I've only ever seen anyone get the Civitas Romanum and Rome bonuses.

Dont understand,you want to tell me that you play games where nobody take Civitates and Roma bonuses?

I dont play 1v1 and dont think the game should be balanced toward 1v1.

Sorry map must be balanced to be for all player numbers, in that way everybody is equal.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:51 pm

In the games I've played, no one has taken the Classis Romanum, which is what I think he meant. Roma is also hardly used too.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 190
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas