Conquer Club

[GC] [Foe] Notification of Ignore On Entering Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Which would be the best option for this?

Have the game be unjoinable/not be able to see it.
17%
Have a page load that tells you are joining a game with a foe, and if you wish to continue.
54%
Have it so a symbol is placed beside a Foe.
28%

Total votes : 46

Re: Games with foes

Postby mpjh on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Yes, and if they are on your foe list they cannot join your game. The complaint here is when you are on their foe list. In that case they can join your game. If you don't want to play them at all, put them on your foe list.
Cadet mpjh

Postby theconquerer1995 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:07 pm

READ BELOW TO HEAR SOMEONE WITH SENSE TALK!!!

ManBungalow wrote: Being foed would probably be a problem with tournaments and, as you say, clan wars etc.

--------
hecter wrote:This is a terrible idea... I put people on my foe list because I don't want to play them, plain and simple.

Answer to that is:

ManBungalow wrote:I think you should have some lease over who can join your games though...maybe when a foe of yours tries to join your game you have to "accept/admit" them first ?
2008-11-26 12:51:53 - Moran555: i don't team up on people, i just attack whoever that will benefit me the most and yes that was red
Cook theconquerer1995

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:52 pm

theconquerer1995 wrote:Concise description:
  • I think that we should be able to play games with our foes.

Specifics:
  • When you join a game that has a foe in it, it would warn you that there was a foe of yours in the game and if you still wanted to play the game.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • If you feel like beating the crap out of one of your foes, you'd be able to do it.

You already can play people on YOUR foe list. ... You just cannot join if they have you on THEIR list.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby hecter on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Ah, sorry, I understand now. Thanks for the clarification :) Ya, this has been suggested a few times. I have no opinion either way...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby theconquerer1995 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:08 pm

anyone else have an opinion??
2008-11-26 12:51:53 - Moran555: i don't team up on people, i just attack whoever that will benefit me the most and yes that was red
Cook theconquerer1995

Reverse of Foe List Suggestion

Postby Woodruff on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 am

Concise description:
Reverse of Foe List Suggestion

Specifics:
Ok, I've done a search of the suggestions forum and found SEVERAL entries that
are essentially identical to what I am suggesting here and there has been resounding
applause for each one from the masses and no good reason ever given for the
implementation not to take place. And yet, the implementation has never taken
place.

So, here is my suggestion...if I am about to unintentionally join a FOE'd member's
game, I will either not be allowed to join it OR I will get a warning message telling
me what I'm about to do.
Either way is fine, really.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
Given that the standard response to...well, to pretty much everything on this
bloody site is "just FOE them", many of us have accumulated a pretty large
FOE list...far to large to frankly remember the contents of. I find myself
unintentionally joining games of members I've FOE'd for abusive language
only to find myself subjected to that crap yet again because I didn't recall
them being in my FOE list. This essentially makes the "just FOE them"
suggestion next to useless and certainly causes a lack of enjoyment of
the site.

Now...is this finally going to be implemented or will it simply be ignored
once again because it's more important for the folks in charge to check up
to make sure that everyone is giving out high ratings or some such
nonsense?
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: Reverse of Foe List Suggestion

Postby gundiesalvo on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:41 pm

I guess this would make sense, I mean, if someone foes people so they can't join a game he's in chances are he won't be too interested in joining a game with a foe in it, right?
Corporal gundiesalvo

Postby Timminz on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:18 pm

As usual, I applaud this suggestion. If I feel strongly enough to make someone my 'foe', it's not because I don't want them joining after me in a game. I don't want to play them at all.
Captain Timminz

Joining games with Foes

Postby AlbroShlo on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Not sure if should be in Suggs and Bugs but seemed most fitting.

I thought that if someone was on your foes list that you could not join games they are in. It keeps them from joining your games but does not seem to keep me from joining games they are in. After three years at a site FULL of cheaters it is nice to not have to worry about them after they go on ignore. That system is useless if it doesn't work for joining games as there is no way I could remember the hundreds of people I have on ignore.

Albro
Major AlbroShlo

Re: Joining games with Foes

Postby gundiesalvo on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:30 pm

This has already been suggested, please read through the forum before throwing an idea out there, since chances are it's already been presented.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73328
Corporal gundiesalvo

Postby AlbroShlo on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:41 pm

I tried to post a new subject about this and was sent to this one but whichever. The fact still remains that a Foes list that only works one way is absurd.
Major AlbroShlo

Re: Joining games with Foes

Postby AlbroShlo on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:44 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:This has already been suggested, please read through the forum before throwing an idea out there, since chances are it's already been presented.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73328

thx for the link
Major AlbroShlo

Postby AlbroShlo on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:01 pm

While I'm here I had may as well throw this suggestion out there as well,

PAY ATTENTION TO SUGGS AND BUGS!!!!

THIS IS A LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT!!!!

HELLO OUT THERE!!!!

AT LEAST GIVE A REASON AS TO WHY........ :roll:
Major AlbroShlo

Postby cicero on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:56 pm

AlbroShlo wrote:While I'm here I had may as well throw this suggestion out there as well,

PAY ATTENTION TO SUGGS AND BUGS!!!!

THIS IS A LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT!!!!

HELLO OUT THERE!!!!

AT LEAST GIVE A REASON AS TO WHY........ :roll:
AlbroShlo
Whilst it may be frustrating that suggestions don't get implemented as quickly as we would like this isn't the thread or the forum to 'discuss' that. This thread is to discuss the "Reverse of Foe List" suggestion and the Suggestions & Bug Reports forum generally is to discuss ... well, suggestions and bug reports ;)
Seriously if you want to start a discussion on the topic you raise above please do it in General Discussion ... or perhaps even Flame Wars depending on just how frustrated you are :)

Meanwhile ...
Woodruff wrote:Ok, I've done a search of the suggestions forum and found SEVERAL entries that
are essentially identical to what I am suggesting here ...
Woodruff
It would be useful if you'd resurrected the latest of those threads rather than starting another one ... If you'd care to PM the results of your research I'll get to work on merging them all into one thread. One of the factors which I believe lackattack takes into account when considering suggestions is how much support an idea has from the community. I'd suggest that lack seeing one thread with pages of support as opposed to seeing a thread with only a few posts would be me more persuasive ... hence the reason why one of my jobs as moderator is to merge identical suggestions into one thread.

Thanks for your help people.

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby Woodruff on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 pm

cicero wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Ok, I've done a search of the suggestions forum and found SEVERAL entries that
are essentially identical to what I am suggesting here ...
Woodruff

It would be useful if you'd resurrected the latest of those threads rather than starting another one ... If you'd care to PM the results of your research I'll get to work on merging them all into one thread. One of the factors which I believe lackattack takes into account when considering suggestions is how much support an idea has from the community. I'd suggest that lack seeing one thread with pages of support as opposed to seeing a thread with only a few posts would be me more persuasive ... hence the reason why one of my jobs as moderator is to merge identical suggestions into one thread.
Thanks for your help people.
Cicero

Ok, I'll go get them. But if there's been five threads about it and all of them have been ignored...that seems like a pretty clear indication that it's just being ignored intentionally.

Postby gundiesalvo on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:37 pm

They may have been ignored BECAUSE they were 5 small threads, if it's all put into one, it'll look bigger, and it will be clear to the mods and to Lack that people want this and they'll look into it.
Corporal gundiesalvo

Postby Woodruff on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:53 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:They may have been ignored BECAUSE they were 5 small threads, if it's all put into one, it'll look bigger, and it will be clear to the mods and to Lack that people want this and they'll look into it.

That could be true, except that they all most definitely weren't small threads.

Postby AlbroShlo on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm

Woodruff wrote:
gundiesalvo wrote:They may have been ignored BECAUSE they were 5 small threads, if it's all put into one, it'll look bigger, and it will be clear to the mods and to Lack that people want this and they'll look into it.

You should post a link here, I can get lots of people to post on it
Major AlbroShlo

Postby Halmir on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58 pm

If any player has upset a reasonably large number of my CC comrades already (10? 20?), then me just adding him to my Foe list doesn't solve the problem of him being an arse, he'll carry on being an annoying fool for ever more. However if he gets blackmarked by 10 or 20 others then is automatically kept separated from me, I'm quite happy never to have anything to do with the guy, ever.

I'd prefer to see a CC-wide foe list that u can subscribe to by checking an option. Many games feature utilities like Punkbuster where a player found cheating, hacking etc is automatically banned from other servers running Punkbuster, as they issue regular updates. It doesn't stop cheating but does go a long way towards reducing it. Give me an option to exclude all idiots when creating each new game. I will trust the CC community to highlight who they might be.

If the fool in the example suddenly finds he's blacklisted from 90% of the new games (I'd certainly only ever create games with the "Ban Idiots" option enabled!), he will then end up just playing against like-minded idiots. They are happy abusing each other, we are happy playing the game in peace and quiet, problem solved.
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:03 pm

AlbroShlo wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Shouldn't need to, because I sent the list of other threads to Cicero. Hopefully, he'll get them merged and then anyone interested can post into that merged thread.

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Woodruff wrote:
AlbroShlo wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Shouldn't need to, because I sent the list of other threads to Cicero. Hopefully, he'll get them merged and then anyone interested can post into that merged thread.

Cicero? You around? Did you get my PMs?

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
AlbroShlo wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Anyone? Is Cicero still alive? Mods?

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:10 am

Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
AlbroShlo wrote:
Woodruff wrote:That could be true, except that they all most definitely weren't small threads.

hmm. maybe after three bumps in a row it's time to stop

FYI: Cicero is alive, He was on msn yesterday.
Private blakebowling

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:08 pm

blakebowling wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Shouldn't need to, because I sent the list of other threads to Cicero. Hopefully, he'll get them merged and then anyone interested can post into that merged thread.

Thanks for that info, it's good to know...I was honestly getting a bit concerned something may have happened to him personally.

But be that as it may, I haven't exactly been posting my bumps on consecutive days or anything. I don't believe it's asking too much to get some sort of a response from him, even if it's just a response to my PM. Just a "hey, got it" would have been great! And who are you again?

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Woodruff wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Shouldn't need to, because I sent the list of other threads to Cicero. Hopefully, he'll get them merged and then anyone interested can post into that merged thread.

Thanks for that info, it's good to know...I was honestly getting a bit concerned something may have happened to him personally.

But be that as it may, I haven't exactly been posting my bumps on consecutive days or anything. I don't believe it's asking too much to get some sort of a response from him, even if it's just a response to my PM. Just a "hey, got it" would have been great! And who are you again?

I'm blake, the pompus-know-it-all, just ask OP.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions