Do Not Copy My Quote!

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby Megadeth666 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:37 pm

hecter wrote:It's pretty easy to make your own quote... You can do all sorts of stuff with them. Like:
Tech Support Guy Image See Image And Link Provided for information wrote:Making quotes is easy!

It's just:
Code: Select all
[quote="<TEXT AND BBCODE>"]<WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY>[/quote]

lol if only it was that easy...If I have to quote just a part of a quote from 1 person ...I know how to do it :? I think....but just to have alll these other people pushing the quote button of some one that already quoted 5 other people, than having 6 quotes coming up that take up space plus no one reads is a waste I think :D
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Megadeth666
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:26 am
Location: Windsor,Ontario
Medals: 39
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby hecter on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:lol if only it was that easy...If I have to quote just a part of a quote from 1 person ...I know how to do it :? I think....but just to have alll these other people pushing the quote button of some one that already quoted 5 other people, than having 6 quotes coming up that take up space plus no one reads is a waste I think :D

You delete the text that you don't want... It's really not hard.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class hecter
 
Posts: 14746
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Tying somebody up on the third floor
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby Megadeth666 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:01 pm

hecter wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:If I have to quote just a part of a quote from 1 person ...I know how to do it :?

You delete the text that you don't want... It's really not hard.

How can we prevent people from not knowing how to do it, and click quote of 10 paragraphs of wasted space in a forum...Admit it, you just scroll past wasted quotes that you seen time after time #-o
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Megadeth666
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:26 am
Location: Windsor,Ontario
Medals: 39
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby hecter on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:
hecter wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:If I have to quote just a part of a quote from 1 person ...I know how to do it :?

You delete the text that you don't want... It's really not hard.

How can we prevent people from not knowing how to do it, and click quote of 10 paragraphs of wasted space in a forum...Admit it, you just scroll past wasted quotes that you seen time after time #-o

Not always... It's good because it makes sure the conversation is nice and organized and everybody knows what's going on. The main purpose of quotes is so that people know what you're referring to, and it does that job beautifully. Besides, it's not that bad considering that you can only have up to 5 embedded quotes.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class hecter
 
Posts: 14746
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Tying somebody up on the third floor
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby Ditocoaf on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:12 pm

If person A says something stupid,
Then person B responds,
then person A edits out their stupid thing,
that's really unfair to person B.

Quotes should always be allowed, so people can always see exactly what you are actually responding to, no matter what the other poster edits later.
Image

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:17 pm
Location: Being eaten by the worms and weird fishes
Medals: 2
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby Megadeth666 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Ditocoaf wrote:If peerson Eh says somethunk stoopid,
Then purson bee respoonds,
then person Eh edits oust their stoopid thang,
that's rally unfairy to persin B.

Quotes should always be allowed, so people can always see exactly what you are actually responding to, no matter what the other poster edits later.


VERY TRUE, I SHOULD NOT OF SUGGESTED THIS [-X
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Megadeth666
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:26 am
Location: Windsor,Ontario
Medals: 39
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby hecter on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:38 pm

Meh... Don't worry about it. It's not that bad. Certainly made me think of the way quotes work.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class hecter
 
Posts: 14746
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Tying somebody up on the third floor
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby yeti_c on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:39 am

hecter wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:
hecter wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:If I have to quote just a part of a quote from 1 person ...I know how to do it :?

You delete the text that you don't want... It's really not hard.

How can we prevent people from not knowing how to do it, and click quote of 10 paragraphs of wasted space in a forum...Admit it, you just scroll past wasted quotes that you seen time after time #-o

Not always... It's good because it makes sure the conversation is nice and organized and everybody knows what's going on. The main purpose of quotes is so that people know what you're referring to, and it does that job beautifully. Besides, it's not that bad considering that you can only have up to 5 embedded quotes.


Also - there is a limit of quotes upto 5.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby mpjh on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:41 am

Megadeth666 wrote:Concise description:Do Not Copy My Quote Clickable Square.


Specifics:You can not copy someones quote if it is requested.
If you wish to refer back to a post ,just say go back to post(w/e)
Or, just be allowed to copy One quote at a time, with the copied quote change when the original has been edited.
Or, allow original poster to edit the post that was copied.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
It will not make the threads sooo long when people copy ones quote which has copied multiple others.
If the original quote was misspelled or missquoted , it can not be used against them.


Not a good idea
Cadet mpjh
 
Posts: 6717
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:32 am
Location: gone
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby hecter on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:42 am

yeti_c wrote:
hecter wrote:Not always... It's good because it makes sure the conversation is nice and organized and everybody knows what's going on. The main purpose of quotes is so that people know what you're referring to, and it does that job beautifully. Besides, it's not that bad considering that you can only have up to 5 embedded quotes.


Also - there is a limit of quotes upto 5.

C.

I included that in the post you quoted...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class hecter
 
Posts: 14746
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Tying somebody up on the third floor
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby yeti_c on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:47 am

hecter wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
hecter wrote:Not always... It's good because it makes sure the conversation is nice and organized and everybody knows what's going on. The main purpose of quotes is so that people know what you're referring to, and it does that job beautifully. Besides, it's not that bad considering that you can only have up to 5 embedded quotes.


Also - there is a limit of quotes upto 5.

C.

I included that in the post you quoted...


I didn't really read your post fully!

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: Do Not Copy My Quote!

Postby mpjh on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:57 am

yeti_c wrote:
hecter wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
hecter wrote:Not always... It's good because it makes sure the conversation is nice and organized and everybody knows what's going on. The main purpose of quotes is so that people know what you're referring to, and it does that job beautifully. Besides, it's not that bad considering that you can only have up to 5 embedded quotes.


Also - there is a limit of quotes upto 5.

C.

I included that in the post you quoted...


I didn't really read your post fully!

C.


Ahhh, I see
Cadet mpjh
 
Posts: 6717
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:32 am
Location: gone
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Previous

Return to Rejected Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Login