Conquer Club

Farming secret revealed

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Farming secret revealed

Postby demonfork on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:45 am

Point farmers are innovators, they are always coming up with new ways to gain an edge over their competition.

This one is called "Bottoms up freestyle"

here is how it works;

1. Assemble a 4 player team
2. Perform a game search for a casual, 8 player quad freestyle unlimited game with 4 open slots.
3. Join the game with your team.
4. Rape team 1

99% of the time team 1 is a bunch of noobs that did not join as a team, cause lets face it, who other than noobs would be dumb enough to join the first four slots of a casual feestyle quad game?

99% of the time team 1 is not even online to take their turns when team 2 joins.

Here is what happens, team 2 joins and RAPES team 2's unsuspecting assholes to the point that by the time the remaining team 1 players get to take their first turn (Usually there is a turn 1 kill) they are so royally fucked, they have absol-fucking-lutely no chance of winning the game.

Hell sjnap is 77and 0 (thats 77 wins and 0 (zero) losses) using this technique

here is an example
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=2300832

notice the 1st turn kill happened before any player from team 2 were able to take their turn.

also notice the sarcastic/negative comments made by team 1 in the chat log after the rape ended
2008-04-25 16:44:29 - Samuel 08: this was sure a fair game..
2008-04-25 18:44:21 - ccwalker_uwp: that was not a good game, we barely got to play!

I personally am 4 and 0 with this technique and in one game in particular my team won the game on turn 1 (team 1 never even got a chance to play) http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=3847104

It is virtually impossible to lose using this technique!

Now for the funny part and the reason why I revealed this "secret"....

Many "out of the closet" point farmers like Maxatstuy and The King get hella shit for farming noobs, almost daily you can find someone in the forum crying foul over point farming.

The irony is that many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many of the peeps that bash point farmers are total hypocrites because they themselves have used the above described point farming technique! This technique is just as "unfair" and just as vicious as beating up on new recruits ever was!

Even the guy that authored this anti-farming suggestion...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73061
has used this technique

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=3666221

WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

Keep making changes that are geared toward stopping farmers and we will keep innovating.

For every change that is made we will come up with 3 new innovations that will help us gain an edge.

Our scores will still go up, haters will still hate and hypocrites will still copy our techniques all why crying foul!
Last edited by demonfork on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain demonfork

Re: Farming secret revealed

Postby bridge2far on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:14 am

the big difference though in prevention...
and trust me.. theres a big one.

sjnaps version of farming all you need to do is educate the noob to not start freestyle team games when they don't know how to play on a team or play freestyle..
even suggests it to his opponents:
karelpietertje wrote:I totally agree. I join freestyle unlimited teamgames all the time. doubles, triples, quadruples, etc.
starting first gives you a big advantage! I usually tell opponents they shouldn't make them anymore!
So I can only say: listen to Artimis and don't host/join those games anymore if you want to keep your points!
KP (part of the "group of particularly well organised and ruthless individuals" :lol:)

how to stop maxipad, is to tell people to stop joining the site..
Colonel bridge2far

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:03 am

I don't believe that farming has any effect on whether or not a new recruit comes or goes. Farming them is no different then other methods of gaining easy points against ranked players. I've brought most of these methods to the forum readers attention plenty of time. A vast majority of the new recruits that join Max's games for instance, deadbeat before they ever take a turn in most situations. Can anyone honestly say that that was because they were matched against a farmer and this outraged them? No, that's completely anomalous from any anti-farming argument that offers a bit of sense. They deadbeat because they simply don't know how to begin or play because it escapes their mental capabilities(age related). Either that or because it wasn't what they expected the game to be and immediately lost interest. As many new recruits certainly would once they find out that they have to wait 24 hours in order to play their next single turn. "What a bunch of horse hockey"!, they exclaim. I certainly did when I was a freemium and realized that I couldn't just finish a game there and then. Why can't people just understand that people are surfing the internet and sometimes make an account without any devoted intentions of staying here? Why does there have to be a reason why some people never come back? Why is the sky blue and just where in the hell do babies come from? Some things just happen naturally and it isn't someone or any group of people that changes these particular statistics. I think to devote so much energy into the why your losing new recruits is taking away from the time that could be spent on the how to drum up more. I'd say that lacks latest decision is more of a controlled experiment then an action based on anything with legitimate proofs. I mean, what exactly did he do to make this decision? Did he put tags on all of the farmers ears and send them into a herd of new recruits and see how they mingled and which one's felt uncomfortable then asked if they could be excused? Where is this data and where does CC keep it? Area 51? I've yet to see any and if I do, I'd be surprised if the information gathered wasn't scribbled down by a biased player who's mind is twisted with scrutinies.

Don't get me wrong though. I know that a lot of you care about the site genuinely and that shows. I feel that anyone who is honestly contributing to the site more then being a detriment is far more welcome and deserved of praise. I for one, don't brag about my points but I do have an opinion on farming and I'm not shy about voicing it much to the general public's dismay. I personally see no harm in the way I play(many of the people who openly speak out against it are blind hypocrites as demonfork has pointed out) and if someone can prove to me that what I've done has in some way damaged this site, then I'm all eyes and ears. So far though, it seems to just be peoples rants and opinions. Most amusingly peoples rants and opinions that have never actually been farmed. Which is usually why I make a mockery of such people and myself in the process for I find it to be an added form of entertainment. I'm certainly getting the bang for my buck. More over, the rules should change and rearrange as much as the staff sees fit. It certainly won't stop me from devising a new method of point poaching as long as that's where my interest lies. If you want to get rid of a weed(assuming that's how you would describe us) then I suggest you start at the root.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby Artimis on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:04 am

It also helps that Sequential was made the default play order, that should limit the number of accidental Freestyle Team Games. Still mulling over a shorter version of my post in strategy, hopefully we can get the news out to a wider audience once I've got a post that's concise and gets the point across quickly.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby demonfork on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:37 am

King_Herpes wrote:I don't believe that farming has any effect on whether or not a new recruit comes or goes. Farming them is no different then other methods of gaining easy points against ranked players..........

My exact point and why I started this thread, it's no fucking different! EVERYONE farms in one form or another, if they didn't they would have no edge and every game would be a stalemate or each win or loss would be subject to the whims of lady luck.
Captain demonfork

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:45 am

demonfork wrote:
King_Herpes wrote:I don't believe that farming has any effect on whether or not a new recruit comes or goes. Farming them is no different then other methods of gaining easy points against ranked players..........

My exact point and why I started this thread, it's no fucking different! EVERYONE farms in one form or another, if they didn't they would have no edge and every game would be a stalemate or each win or loss would be subject to the whims of lady luck.

Everyone but ME. ALL my points are purer than the most pure snow that can be found in that land of purity known as 'Virginal'. Not to be confused with that other place often referred to as 'Vaginal' - a near neighbour no doubt, but a very different place indeed.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:56 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
demonfork wrote:

Everyone but ME. ALL my points are purer than the most pure snow that can be found in that land of purity known as 'Virginal'. Not to be confused with that other place often referred to as 'Vaginal' - a near neighbour no doubt, but a very different place indeed.

Well, it's only a matter of time before somebody walks over and writes their name in your snow and the next thing you know, you're all yellow. Silly Mr. C., your vaj might smell like snowflakes now but you just wait until I slip you a mickey. I'll taint your playing style before you know it and will have you infected before you can say "is it out yet"?
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby owenshooter on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:10 am

Artimis wrote:It also helps that Sequential was made the default play order, that should limit the number of accidental Freestyle Team Games. Still mulling over a shorter version of my post in strategy, hopefully we can get the news out to a wider audience once I've got a post that's concise and gets the point across quickly.

oh my gosh!! my christmas wish is going to come true!!! thank you!!! a million times, thank you!!! you are the saviour of CC Artimis, wear your badge proudly!!!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 am

owenshooter wrote:
Artimis wrote:It also helps that Sequential was made the default play order, that should limit the number of accidental Freestyle Team Games. Still mulling over a shorter version of my post in strategy, hopefully we can get the news out to a wider audience once I've got a post that's concise and gets the point across quickly.

oh my gosh!! my christmas wish is going to come true!!! thank you!!! a million times, thank you!!! you are the saviour of CC Artimis, wear your badge proudly!!!-0

As I am sure he does...

Meanwhile, that deviant King_H writes...

"Well, it's only a matter of time before somebody walks over and writes their name in your snow and the next thing you know, you're all yellow. Silly Mr. C., your vaj might smell like snowflakes now but you just wait until I slip you a mickey. I'll taint your playing style before you know it and will have you infected before you can say "is it out yet"?"

What I can't work out is how you managed to draw a sexual inference from my original post. Here is me using the GD Forum for what it is for - writing about Risk and all things Risk - and there you are warping my words with your nasty depraved comments. Shame on you King_H. Try and find a sexual reference in my post, I dare you!
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:35 am

demonfork wrote:

to be fair here some players farm.
In fact most players farm

I created a bunch of Circus games and only one or 2 of them had ranked players which pissed me off.
Luckily now I will never have a reason to farm as assassins and unfriendly maps aren't available to newbies.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:37 am

Also note that I think that this method is in no way fair, but freestyle has that drawback. It's why I prefer 8 player doubles
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Jeff Hardy on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:49 am

Game 3847104 sure was an awesome game eh dmnfrk ;)

but the difference is, people that play these normally play 10 other games for every game they join as team 2

max is different, he only plays new recruit games

also, even though some of them might not have intended on ever coming back, im sure a lot of them would have done if they had enjoyed their first game which they obviously cant if its a dubs with a partner they dont know on a map they dont know (waterloo)
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 am

max is different, he only plays new recruit games

did you read my post?
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby sully800 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:10 am

It is simply not true that "everyone farms in some way or another". I would say that a lot of people do, and you are right that this is an extension of what is commonly considered farming. But the systematic abuse of new recruits is what CC aims to stop.
Major sully800

Postby FarangDemon on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:26 am

Wow, that game was simply.... breathtaking!

Yes there are tons of tricks in the book.

But as long as the people who routinely engage in these sorts of games also play a certain proportion of games against non-noobs, their scores will deflate and the points will trickle down to those who are able to beat them.

I think its easier to solve the problem this way than by banning game types, restricting freedom and trying to watch out for every possible trick.
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby e_i_pi on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:26 am

sully800 wrote:It is simply not true that "everyone farms in some way or another". I would say that a lot of people do, and you are right that this is an extension of what is commonly considered farming. But the systematic abuse of new recruits is what CC aims to stop.

Watch out sully, you'll get accused of farming yourself
Captain e_i_pi

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:40 pm

I've come up with a partial solution to this http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73460
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Aradhus on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 pm

I've employed this tactic in the past, I might possibly do it again, who knows, but as tactics go this is definitely one of the cheapest. I also agree that its basically farming. Lets be honest, the other team has ZERO chance of winning. Which doesn't make it a competition, a competitive game, its just a cheap garuanteed point earner. I'd like to see one person who has used this tactic believe that the other team has a chance of winning. This is as cheap as they come.. perfectly legit though, and by the rules. What can ya do?
Major Aradhus

Return to Conquer Club Discussion